What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Wazzu Game Thread

We're going to have to score a lot of points today.

Laguda's absence is going to kill the defense.

It's a new ballgame, you have to be thoughtful about how you're smacking other guys in the head. Head injuries are no joke, ask anyone who's had a couple of concussions. I understand that Laguda is trying to make a play, and not trying to hurt another guy, but he's putting himself and the other player at risk when he uses his body in a way that causes helmet to helmet contact.

Clothesline tackles and punching guys in the helmet used to be "good football" plays too.
I get what you're saying, but I disagree with the comparison to clotheslines and punching guys in the head. I'm 100% for player safety, and think that should be paramount. However there needs to be a point where it needs to be understood that there is certain systematic risk with the game.

Did Laguda lead with the helmet? No.
Did he launch to go high on the player? No.
Was there contact with the receiver's helmet? Some, but there was nothing malicious about it.

Targeting was created in order to stop players from going for the knockout "Madden" video game hits. I think in most cases, the rule has succeeded in changing player mentality on how they make hits. There has to be room for a good play, which happens to have some contact with the helmet, not resulting in an ejection.

TE Irwin is not good. The fact that he's our best option at the position should have Falo licking his chops at the chance to come here.

i'm disagreeing with some of ya....i think we have to stick with what we do. getting impatient and trying to match Leach score for score...is how he gets you into his game. they are playing good, Falk is good.....but there are 45 minutes of football to play. Pirate will get his....we just have to play with our strengths.

The tough running is going to play dividends later...just gotta make sure we get the points on the board

Back