What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CFP Selection Freakout Thread

Conferences and using Vegas odds to determine a championship is bogus
Only option is a level playing field super league
12-16 team playoff like the NFL
Too much on the line now sadly

$$$$$$

Michigan, Washington, and Florida State have PERFECT resumes

Undefeated Conference Champions
yes, and add certain voters who want to try to slow the sec roll.

setting the idea that an undefeated team from a conference that is not the sec or big10 is auto ahead of any 1 loss sec or b10 team is go forward helpful.

expanded playoffs-- expanded big 10 and sec will argue that due to SOS their lesser teams are more deserving than conference champs.

work to hold that off.

yes, and add certain voters who want to try to slow the sec roll.

setting the idea that an undefeated team from a conference that is not the sec or big10 is auto ahead of any 1 loss sec or b10 team is go forward helpful.

expanded playoffs-- expanded big 10 and sec will argue that due to SOS their lesser teams are more deserving than conference champs.

work to hold that off.
Are there legal agreements holding programs to the CFP or is the CFP just an open ended tournament?

College Football is officially a clusterfukk

Seeding will be:

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Florida State
4. Texas

SEC will make sure they get a team in here. I’m thinking they can’t pick Alabama cuz UT beat them in Alabama…hence UGA is the compromise pick at #4.

SEC will make sure they get a team in here. I’m thinking they can’t pick Alabama cuz UT beat them in Alabama…hence UGA is the compromise pick at #4.
Wait, UGA gets in over a Bama team that just beat them? A Bama team who won the conference? Texas should get the final spot. Sorry SEC you didn't have a good enough year this year. Will be good to see them on the sidelines for a change.

The number 14 team, 10 wins, etc. is a "crap" team?

Not to mention they did it with a #3 QB ... and they will have their #2 back for the playoff. I'm certainly no Semenhole fan, but they've earned the right to go. And this notion that that isn't the criteria but the "four BEST teams" go is inherently subjective and therefore bull****. If an undefeated P5 conference winner doesn't go, then the playoff system is as much a farce as the BCS was.

Anyone looking from the outside can see that Alabama-Georgia game and come away thinking...sure Alabama won, but are they really better?

$$$$$$

Michigan, Washington, and Florida State have PERFECT resumes

Undefeated Conference Champions
You can't file a lawsuit because of $$$$$. You can file but it will be tossed.
Yes perfect resumes should get in. Conf Champ with one loss should trump conf runnerups with one loss.
Head to head is the ultimate tie breaker . Sorry Bama

Alabama argument hinges on how they're getting screwed for playing a top non-conference opponent like the Committee (and networks) want. If they'd played a G5, they'd be a lock as the 1 or 2 seed right now.

That argument falls flat when looking at the UW & FSU schedules, but it makes a point with Michigan (though they do play a 9-game conference schedule).

Alabama argument hinges on how they're getting screwed for playing a top non-conference opponent like the Committee (and networks) want. If they'd played a G5, they'd be a lock as the 1 or 2 seed right now.

That argument falls flat when looking at the UW & FSU schedules, but it makes a point with Michigan (though they do play a 9-game conference schedule).
Also can't ding Texas for taking that game and winning it in Tuscaloosa.
Bama had 88th SOC.

Wait, UGA gets in over a Bama team that just beat them? A Bama team who won the conference? Texas should get the final spot. Sorry SEC you didn't have a good enough year this year. Will be good to see them on the sidelines for a change.
Nubs got in and didn't even go to the conference championship

Agreed that the SEC is better than the Big 12 this year but that doesn't matter because UT beat Bama at their place. And Texas has closed out very well the past 2 weeks with big wins.

The big argument will be Bama or FSU if the Noles win tonight. FSU is 2-0 against the SEC with an impressive win against LSU but Alabama also beat LSU. FSU's win against a Florida team that isn't even bowl eligible doesn't mean a whole lot. Alabama was 3-1 against the top 25 coming into today and FSU was 2-1, both will get top 25 wins today with an FSU win. I just think Alabama's win over #1 Georgia will put them over the top.
Whose loss is the worst:
UT
Bama
UGA

Like I said earlier, I want UT to win it. But I also what this to turn into a clown show where FSU and UT are left out for Bama and UGA, just to show how dumb this whole thing is.

Back