What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CFP Selection Freakout Thread

The Committee does not see SOS and key player availability like you. The key player availability is about impact on postseason. I think you are interpreting it incorrectly. They use SOS date not eyeballs like you.

Thanks for doing the exercise.
They're interpreting it incorrectly-not me.

They're interpreting it incorrectly-not me.
It’s not about reward for previous games. It’s about impact on future post season games. It clearly says the latter, not the former.

Will await your scramble out of this one. You are a good debater.

It’s not about reward for previous games. It’s about impact on future post season games. It clearly says the latter, not the former.

Will await your scramble out of this one. You are a good debater.
If its about impact on future games, how does Florida State go up a spot (from 5 to 4) last week? Shouldnt they have dropped again because of the Rodemaker injury?

If it’s about impact on future games, how does Florida State go up a spot (from 5 to 4) last week? Shouldnt they have dropped again because of the Rodemaker injury?
I think Manhattan answered that.

But this is about this week. And how the wording applies to FSU and Bama.

It does because the chance of a loss goes way down. It absolutely boosts SOS.
Yes. There is a chance of a loss. That affects your resume but not your SOS.

SOS is based on your opponents resume, not your resume.

I’ve not seen a single service that has FSU’s SOS close to Bama’s.

I appreciate the committee making their criteria public, but they're all over the place with how they use it. You and I aren't going to agree here.

The great thing with this is this time next year we're going to be debating fringe teams like we do every March. The funny thing with this is one of the "alliance" leagues got ****ed here.

Would Bama loss to Auburn have even made a difference in the “criteria” argument? Sounds like “protocol” still would favor Bama.

The evidence and decision today matches the criteria.
My point is that the criteria are set up to ensure that at least one SEC team gets in. The winner of that game was never being left out. The rest is just a long way of explaining it.

I appreciate the committee making their criteria public, but they're all over the place with how they use it. You and I aren't going to agree here.

The great thing with this is this time next year we're going to be debating fringe teams like we do every March. The funny thing with this is one of the "alliance" leagues got ****ed here.
There are inconsistencies in Committees because the composition is different from year to year.

I think they applied the criteria correctly this year wrt Bama and FSU.

You don’t.

That’s OK.

My point is that the criteria are set up to ensure that at least one SEC team gets in. The winner of that game was never being left out. The rest is just a long way of explaining it.
Which criteria specifically?

Yes. There is a chance of a loss. That affects your resume but not your SOS.

SOS is based on your opponents resume, not your resume.

I’ve not seen a single service that has FSU’s SOS close to Bama’s.

Their opponents' resumes are propped up by playing one fewer conference game. How is that hard to comprehend?

Their opponents' resumes are propped up by playing one fewer conference game. How is that hard to comprehend?
The year-end denominator remains the same because they play 12 games and all opponents are considered. Math.

It’s quibbling around the edges.

The FSU SOS is substantially worse than Bama’s by all the services I saw today. FSU’s QB1 is out. The Committee applied the criteria correctly this year.

The year-end denominator remains the same because they play 12 games and all opponents are considered. Math.

It’s quibbling around the edges.

The FSU SOS is substantially worse than Bama’s by all the services I saw today. FSU’s QB1 is out. The Committee applied the criteria correctly this year.

Losses carry a higher penalty, which you know.

Yes. You are correct.

It did not take other conferences that long to play nine conference games. Some actually played more. Are you just ****ing with me right now that you are not understanding why this benefits the SEC in a massive way?

The only "protocol" is TV ratings. CFB is now SEC and Big10. Those two conferences are where the TV ratings are at. Those two conferences are where all the money is for NIL. All the best players out of high school will be heading to these two conferences.

Looking at the top 12, FSU is the only one not in the SEC or Big10.

The parity between the P2 and the rest of the country will grow wider. This is why I believe I will probably not watch much CFB. I give zero ****s about any of the teams in these two conferences.

I would not be surprised if bowl games outside the 12-team playoffs will be terrible. If a kid has a shot at the NFL and isn't playing in the 12-team playoffs, I see no reason they wouldn't sit out and wait for draft day.

CFB is going to be drastically different over the next decade. This is the only sport I watch, and it is a pretty depressing time for me.

Back