What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Coaching Search Thread

Much like we ramped up our talk about removing MM as head coach, to almost deafening levels; I say if we just start talking about how Holgerson is our new coach like it's a fact, then it will come true. That's the way rumors work.

Much like we ramped up our talk about removing MM as head coach, to almost deafening levels; I say if we just start talking about how Holgerson is our new coach like it's a fact, then it will come true. That's the way rumors work.
giphy.gif

So what about Troy Walters? UCF and the Nubs offenses are very good.

The guy knows Colorado, is young, and can recruit. Plus it would hurt the huskers.

Junta - Earn your annual member fee and put his profile in the Coaching Bazaar. Make it so.

What do others think about him?

The guy knows Colorado, is young, and can recruit. Plus it would hurt the huskers.

Junta - Earn your annual member fee and put his profile in the Coaching Bazaar. Make it so.

I think he's got a great demeanor and the brains to be a HC some day. Almost feels like he's better built for that job than every other coaching position. I'd like to see him get a good G5 HC job this year and see how he does at that. Long-term, I see him as someone CU could eventually hire for the top job. But I don't value him as an OC all that highly, if that makes sense.

I think he's got a great demeanor and the brains to be a HC some day. Almost feels like he's better built for that job than every other coaching position. I'd like to see him get a good G5 HC job this year and see how he does at that. Long-term, I see him as someone CU could eventually hire for the top job. But I don't value him as an OC all that highly, if that makes sense.
Interesting. Does he do the play calling for the Nubs? I know the concepts and philosophy are from Frost/Chip Kelly. I think that offense could be very effective at CU and if he had a good OC to implement it, we would have a good running game.

He would make a nice OC.

He would make a nice OC.
Explain to me why Jimmy Lake is so much more qualified. Walters has been a coordinator longer than Lake.

I’d argue that both are very similar in their qualifications.

Oh, and you haven’t posted his profile in the bazaar yet. I’m gonna need you to get on that. Thanks.

Explain to me why Jimmy Lake is so much more qualified. Walters has been a coordinator longer than Lake.

Oh, and you haven’t posted his profile in the bazaar yet. I’m gonna need you to get on that. Thanks.
Walters has never called plays and he isn’t anywhere near the recruiter that lake is.

Lake is the better recruiter and can effectively recruit the conference footprint.

He also is in line to be coordinating his defense to a conference championship berth.

Walters kinda, sorta recruited Houston at CU. He also runs Frost's system.

You can make the profile if you want, nobody is stopping you.

Lake is the better recruiter and can effectively recruit the conference footprint.

He also is in line to be coordinating his defense to a conference championship berth.

Walters kinda, sorta recruited Houston at CU. He also runs Frost's system.

You can make the profile if you want, nobody is stopping you.
Thanks Duff. My knowledge isn’t much more than skin deep, so that gives me more context.

I’m still in Turkey hangover, so I’ll pass on doing the profile at this time.

I have seen Major Applewhite brought up a few places. Hard "no" on that one. 7-5 and 8-4 with the Houston program he inherited means he should be fired, not given a bigger job.

I don’t want a G5 period. If we had no choice, and gun to my head, it would probably be Littrell.

Bronco Mendenhal's a guy I would have been vey supportive of before this coaching search. I'm shooting much higher now. Guy did a great job at BYU and has done a very fine job at UVA. But not worth the buyout, imo, and not the guy to get us to the promised land.

What do you guys think of Jeff Monken (Current Army HC), Brian Bohanan (Current Kennesaw State HC), Willie Fritz (Tulane HC) or Jeff Jagodzinski (Former Boston College HC)?

1. Poor recruiting
2. Poor recruiting
3. Poor recruiting
4. Failure to get developing guys meaningful snaps.
5. Poor recruiting

Look at the roster. Lots of locals. Gotta own them. California kids are a natural pool of talent. Got them too. DFW Metroplex is well represented. Not much effort in Houston though. Texas is one of the top three resources of great players. Gotta go there more. And hard. With salesmen who also coach.

I’ve seen coaches who are good in practice and games. They take their predecessors guys and do pretty well. Two years in they stink. Because they can’t stock the shelves.

We don’t need to hire Mother Hubbard. Get a proven recruiter. A hit Texas harder.

Back