What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Coaching Search Thread

Lots of names mentioned. Are there any leaders in the clubhouse based on scoooop?
That's the crazy thing. We're getting nothing. It's so quiet that the national guys have even been quiet because they have nothing to go on -- despite them agreeing that CU is the best job that's open right now, which would usually mean it would be the main topic for the guys who write about coaching searches.

That's the crazy thing. We're getting nothing. It's so quiet that the national guys have even been quiet because they have nothing to go on -- despite them agreeing that CU is the best job that's open right now, which would usually mean it would be the main topic for the guys who write about coaching searches.
Double top secret protocol in effect...

Decided to take a look to see how old Gus Bradley is and where he's working. Former DC at North Dakota State when that dynasty was built who became Pete Carroll's DC in Seattle for the Super Bowl champs. Failed as a HC for the Jacksonville Jags and is now doing well as DC with the Chargers. Still only 52 years old.

Also coached at Fort Lewis College for a while, so he has spent some time in Colorado.

If RG is looking at an NFL guy, could this be a possible target?

Washington playing again this week throws a wrench in the timeline. Would he interview this week?

Decided to take a look to see how old Gus Bradley is and where he's working. Former DC at North Dakota State when that dynasty was built who became Pete Carroll's DC in Seattle for the Super Bowl champs. Failed as a HC for the Jacksonville Jags and is now doing well as DC with the Chargers. Still only 52 years old.

Also coached at Fort Lewis College for a while, so he has spent some time in Colorado.

If RG is looking at an NFL guy, could this be a possible target?
Another good option. There are a lot of great possibilities. I like Holgorsen, a proven winner HC very little risk there, though I’m not a huge fan of the air raid scheme even if it has been tweaked. I’m leaning toward Lake now assuming he’d emphasize recruiting. WU has a well coached defense. Top in the Pac12 four years in a row. Lake, good coordinators, especially OC (say McElwain) and a bunch of recruiters could be a home run.

How's that Kevin Sumlin hire looking Cats fans? I've consistently been beating the drum of how bad this guy has been when you look at how his teams get worse during his tenure.

Last week's ass drubbing from WSU was Fresno State Embree-esque

Will year 1 or 2 be the pinnacle for Jimbo Fisher?

How's that Kevin Sumlin hire looking Cats fans? I've consistently been beating the drum of how bad this guy has been when you look at how his teams get worse during his tenure.

Last week's ass drubbing from WSU was Fresno State Embree-esque

Will year 1 or 2 be the pinnacle for Jimbo Fisher?
Jimbo at risk of 7-5 with LSU loss. That feels Sumlin-like. Although they are favored.

i'm also a believer Sumlin has been over-employed 3 times as HC. Jimbo/Aggies are also easy for me to pull against...history says ATM is a 8 win team with top 15 talent no matter who the coach is or how much they spend.

i'm also a believer Sumlin has been over-employed 3 times as HC. Jimbo/Aggies are also easy for me to pull against...history says ATM is a 8 win team with top 15 talent no matter who the coach is or how much they spend.
Biggest threat to Bama over next 5 years.

Lake is becoming more and more appealing to me. Being a Peterson disciple is a very good thing imo. Peterson follows a very disciplined coaching process that is comparable to Saban. If Lake brought that with him, it would be very good.

If last night proved anything for me it's that great defense and a running game trumps great offense.

Give me Lake, Grinch or Tucker.

Unsure who this is but....

From his twitter bio:
The Coach Les Show Mile High Sports Radio 1340am 104.7fm M-F 6pm-8pm MT (Former Host SB Nation Radio) IG-coach_les33 FB-The Coach Les Show

I'm very skeptical about a report from someone I've never heard of who I can't imagine anyone in the AD choosing as the place to plant a legitimate leak.

From his twitter bio:
The Coach Les Show Mile High Sports Radio 1340am 104.7fm M-F 6pm-8pm MT (Former Host SB Nation Radio) IG-coach_les33 FB-The Coach Les Show

I'm very skeptical about a report from someone I've never heard of who I can't imagine anyone in the AD choosing as the place to plant a legitimate leak.
He says the source is someone he trusts, who is a Heisman voter and says the interviews happened in the last two days. Yeah, I don't know if I'd find it more believable or less if this "source" didn't completely align with wild flight-tracking theories which suggested the same thing.

Back