What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Colorado State Game Thread

Some here have claimed differently but I will say it again. Since the days they were in the old WAC CSU and the other group of schools that have been with them have had a culture where late hits, extra shots, dangerous hits, and all sorts of other dirty tactics have been common.

These are for the most part the players who are one step away but not quite good enough to play at the top level of college football. I would guess it is trying to show they are tough enough or trying to make up for some physical shortcomings but I have watched CSU and their conference brethren play for decades and there has always been more of the hitting on the outside of the sideline, extra defender (or offensive player) on the pile a moment after the whistle has blown or a punch where a forearm would do.

Watch CSU play Air Force or Wyoming and you will see plenty of what I am talking about here. Both have moved on but the old BYU-Utah games used to be a gladiator battle.

Last night though CSU elevated the dirty play an extra level. It looks like Hunter is only going to be out for a few weeks, fortunately it wasn't something more severe. The way they were playing last night we are very fortunate that we don't have somebody gone for a season.
Yeah, I don't agree with a lot of this. I mean where did Josh Allen play at? Where did Jordan Love play at? I think this is a lense put on things when people get on their high horse.

Were the Buffs anywhere near P5 level last year? Would they have even competed in the Mountain West?

Yeah, I don't agree with a lot of this. I mean where did Josh Allen play at? Where did Jordan Love play at? I think this is a lense put on things when people get on their high horse.

Were the Buffs anywhere near P5 level last year? Would they have even competed in the Mountain West?
Mountain West, similar to the other G5 conferences has had it's share of individual players who have stepped up and become outstanding players, that doesn't mean that the league in general is as athletic as the P5 conferences.

The Buffs the last number of years have been at or near the bottom of the P5 and yet how have we consistently done against CSU, even with them putting their maximum effort and focus on us.

If you want to take your argument CSU Pueblo has a couple of guys playing in the NFL, at one point arguably the best center in the league (Ryan Jensen) was from there. Does that mean that the rest of their players were P5 players?

There is a reason they call it an upset when a P5 team loses to a MWC team or other non-P5 team.

In no way am I saying these guys aren't good football players. Probably nobody on this site promotes the smaller schools as much as I do. The players at Mines may be an inch or two shorter and 15 pounds lighter, their WRs and DBs may be a step slower but they play an outstanding quality of football which is much more entertaining than watching a lot of the bad P5 schools.

The MWC (and old WAC) though have always had a culture of chippy football. Some conference schools do it more than others, it sometimes varies depending on the coach at the time but they have a long history of it.

And the simple fact is that despite some individual standouts the majority of players in that conference, the majority of the players on the field for CSU last night are there because they are one step below the level required to play P5 football.

They can and do get themselves up to play an individual game. For CSU the CU game is their season. Win it and they are remembered forever, lose and most of their fans move on to something else until next year.

You have a way with word.

Take your own advice. Maybe the message will dawn on you?
11 was not convicted of rape. I have outlined other allegations. Misinformation on rape should not be posted. I’ll be glad to discuss elsewhere.

I didn't see CP and that POS norvell shake hands at the end, did anyone catch it or is there video? Just wondering how that went.

Cheap Shot University

I think everyone here is clear that the story is that 11 has a strong possibility of being involved with sexual harassment and /or assault.

The link to the article about his team mate leads to another article about five other team members being charged. I do not know if he faced other charges or was convicted of them, but you supplied the information that at minimum he was taking inappropriate pictures. On his Insta, it got uglier with specific information of a SA nature.

I agree that this is a heck of an hill to die on. I agree that students should have been better protected. I also think that your stance on issues SA are clouded by old school thinking. I also think it unlikely that you will ever change your mind.

But think again if you think that old school swagger is going to deter people who are minded to the “pathos” or whatever weak snark you offered of standing up and condemning that brand of horse ****, you can think again.

Mountain West, similar to the other G5 conferences has had it's share of individual players who have stepped up and become outstanding players, that doesn't mean that the league in general is as athletic as the P5 conferences.

The Buffs the last number of years have been at or near the bottom of the P5 and yet how have we consistently done against CSU, even with them putting their maximum effort and focus on us.

If you want to take your argument CSU Pueblo has a couple of guys playing in the NFL, at one point arguably the best center in the league (Ryan Jensen) was from there. Does that mean that the rest of their players were P5 players?

There is a reason they call it an upset when a P5 team loses to a MWC team or other non-P5 team.

In no way am I saying these guys aren't good football players. Probably nobody on this site promotes the smaller schools as much as I do. The players at Mines may be an inch or two shorter and 15 pounds lighter, their WRs and DBs may be a step slower but they play an outstanding quality of football which is much more entertaining than watching a lot of the bad P5 schools.

The MWC (and old WAC) though have always had a culture of chippy football. Some conference schools do it more than others, it sometimes varies depending on the coach at the time but they have a long history of it.

And the simple fact is that despite some individual standouts the majority of players in that conference, the majority of the players on the field for CSU last night are there because they are one step below the level required to play P5 football.

They can and do get themselves up to play an individual game. For CSU the CU game is their season. Win it and they are remembered forever, lose and most of their fans move on to something else until next year.
Nobody was saying that regarding athleticism but dragging a whole conference into it because CSU licks ass and played dirty is unwarranted and comparing things to CSU Pueblo is just plain dumb.

Nobody was saying that regarding athleticism but dragging a whole conference into it because CSU licks ass and played dirty is unwarranted and comparing things to CSU Pueblo is just plain dumb.
Your argument is that because of Josh Allen and Jordan Love the players in the MWC should be considered as athletic and talented as P5 players, these are exceptions, not the norm.

The comparison to CSU Pueblo shows that there are exceptions.

The reality is though that through the years the MWC has been a place where you would find more dirty football than in the top conferences. That doesn't mean that every player is dirty or even close. It doesn't mean that every team is dirty every year.

The simple observation, and I've heard it from plenty of other observers including those calling the games though is that dirty play is and has been more common in the conference than out.

If you don't like that fine but this is nothing new.

Your argument is that because of Josh Allen and Jordan Love the players in the MWC should be considered as athletic and talented as P5 players, these are exceptions, not the norm.

The comparison to CSU Pueblo shows that there are exceptions.

The reality is though that through the years the MWC has been a place where you would find more dirty football than in the top conferences. That doesn't mean that every player is dirty or even close. It doesn't mean that every team is dirty every year.

The simple observation, and I've heard it from plenty of other observers including those calling the games though is that dirty play is and has been more common in the conference than out.

If you don't like that fine but this is nothing new.

Not that I watch a ton of MWC football, but I have not heard this "common knowledge" about dirty football being played in that conference from anyone.

Pipe dream?:

The DA would never charge #11 with assault, but TH and/or the university/AD could sue him civilly for assault. I think it was an intentional illegal hit, designed to hurt TH.
In a civil suit, Norvell, assistants and players all could potentially be subpoenaed for depositions, prior to any trial. I think the truth might come out.

Starting point, how likely is it a jury would find that #11, the sexual assaulter (which fact should be addmisable, if he was convicted), hit TH, not to make a football play, but to hurt him? (caveat: I know nothing about the sex claim, and that may be BS, as someone noted)
Good grief. Let's just drop them and play Oregon State or Wazzu. They're both going to need 8-9 games.

eye-roll-robert-downey-jr.gif

IMO canceling future games vs CSU after last night gives them an eternal story:

“We came into Boulder as 24 pt dogs, nearly won the game in OT, and so physically roughed them up that they’ve run away from us forever.”

Let’s just go to FoCo next year and destroy their green asses. That’s the idea….

“We came into Boulder as 24 pt dogs, nearly won the game in OT, and so physically roughed them up that they’ve run away from us forever.”

Let’s just go to FoCo next year and destroy their green asses. That’s the idea….

Can't wait to see what the team looks like after another season of work in the portal

Sexual assault is a left/right issue. Lol. Wtf, man?
Dude. The issue is not whether SA is a poltical issue. Of course it isn’t. What’s left wing is the tendency of about 30% of AB posters to jump to opinions without facts. It the kid was a ****ing registered sex offender (read the article) he sure as heck wouldn’t be on the CSU roster as a scholarship athlete. There are a few Stalinist Show Trial types of guys here.

Last edited:

Let them run their mouths.

Norvell is either coaching kids like Blackburn to play like that or condoning it by not sitting him yourself.

Just end the series until he's gone.

Dude. The issue is not whether SA is a poltical issue. Of course it isn’t. What’s left wing is the tendency of about a 30% of AB posters to jump to opinions without facts. It the kid was a ****ing registered sex offender (read the article) he sure as heck wouldn’t be on the CSU roster as a scholarship athlete. There are a few Stalinist Show Trial types of guys here …
Can we go back to talking about why an officiating crew from a conference most of you didn't want to leave failed to call that targeting?

If that's not targeting, I'm not sure what is.

Mods, since apparently a certain poster can't take the hint, can you move posts about maybe rapist but define piece of **** Henry Blackburn's past to the thread @Uncle Ken made specifically for that purpose?

Can we go back to talking about why an officiating crew from a conference most of you didn't want to leave failed to call that targeting?

If that's not targeting, I'm not sure what is.
Targeting is helmets. No. 11 is a world class scumbag but it’s not targeting as the rules are currently set up. Someone correctly if I’m wrong.

But yeah, it was totally Jack Tatum bull****. Maybe my WYO Cowboys can knock this clown’s dick into the dirt.

Back