What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

The west box appears all but done. They got the facade up on the ramp side to close in the structure. Looks like there will be some kind of storage area underneath those stands.

Poured the final slab on the east side loge box today, just need to put in the stairs now.

Touchdown club went much slower than I anticipated today. The rain may have hampered what they could get done there. 3 more pours for that though.

NE complex, finally saw some progress on the support beam forms. They built the rebar cage on the northern most beam. Would expect that to be formed up and poured in the next day or two as well.

They are making good progress. Looks like it is going to be tight though to make that opening night game.

The west box appears all but done. They got the facade up on the ramp side to close in the structure. Looks like there will be some kind of storage area underneath those stands.

Poured the final slab on the east side loge box today, just need to put in the stairs now.

Touchdown club went much slower than I anticipated today. The rain may have hampered what they could get done there. 3 more pours for that though.

NE complex, finally saw some progress on the support beam forms. They built the rebar cage on the northern most beam. Would expect that to be formed up and poured in the next day or two as well.

They are making good progress. Looks like it is going to be tight though to make that opening night game.

It's really hard for me to tell the amount of progress on NE. I see them working. I see new metal and concrete. I have no frame of reference for what comes next and how long each of those "nexts" should take.

In other words, I'm the guy who would never buy a house while it was under construction because I can't visualize until the drywall is up.

It looks like they should make it, and it will be close. I wonder if RG requested the late kickoff for that game. It will be crazy if we need it, but an extra 8 hours at the end could make a difference.

It's really hard for me to tell the amount of progress on NE. I see them working. I see new metal and concrete. I have no frame of reference for what comes next and how long each of those "nexts" should take.

In other words, I'm the guy who would never buy a house while it was under construction because I can't visualize until the drywall is up.

From what I can tell from the past few days is that they are putting in a ton of columns for the rest of the complex. Lots of crane work and pump truck work. I am wondering if the main concrete guys have been tasked with getting the endzone done first ($$$ seats) to ensure they are done, then work as fast as possible on the other seats.

If it helps you at all, those ramps going up are where the formwork for the support beams go. They are huge ramps so that workers can get around all sides. Once that happens progress is going to be very quick or very slow depending on the method they use. Precast seating sections would basically be done in a few hours. If they are forming the seats... that is going to take forever.

has there been any talk about being behind schedule?

All I have heard was that they knew the timeline was aggressive and that things were going to be tight. Then, we saw people working this past Sunday, which may explain some of the extra $13 million in expenses (speculation). This needs to be ready for ASU. Saturday night on ESPNU. Great opportunity to show things off.

NVM for the first time i see a staircase

Last edited:
A few areas to look for clues at how confident the AD is as to whether or not they will finish on time:

Someone could check and see how many tickets for the first game are available for sale right now. Compare that to other games. (I'm too lazy to do this.) Does it appear that a large number of tickets are being held back? If so, that would be a strong indication of a back-up plan.

If there are tickets being held back, and they all at once become available, that too would be a strong indication.

The presence or lack of any advertising for tickets for that particular game would also be an indication.

If it were to appear that tickets are being held back, and then a large number becomes available, along with a blitz of advertising to sell those tickets, I would take it as a big sign of confidence; the timing of ticket release and advertising blitz would tell you a lot.

If they aren't holding any tickets back at all, then it is indeed a very high-stakes game RG is playing... I would also wonder if the building contract has a small bonus clause if they make it on time paired with a penalty clause (that just happens to equal the amount of money that the AD would have to refund for those tickets) if they don't.

progress 8-15.JPG

1pour done this morning on the touchdown club. 2 more to go.

Installign concrete facade on east side loge boxes. Almost done with those.

More formwork going up on the NE corner.

Also, testing out adverts on the ribbon boards it appears.

All I have heard was that they knew the timeline was aggressive and that things were going to be tight. Then, we saw people working this past Sunday, which may explain some of the extra $13 million in expenses (speculation). This needs to be ready for ASU. [strike]Friday[/strike] Saturday night on ESPNU. Great opportunity to show things off.

Did they change the schedule? I thought ASU was on Sept 13, which is a Saturday.

mu3evadu.jpg

I would imagine with only 2 pours left on the endzone expansion, that we should see rapid progress on the NE corner soon.

Looks like they took sunday off, probably good for the crews to get a break. One support beam is in in the NE corner, middle one is almost done being formed (they put in the rebar cage saturday). Touchdown club getting one of its final pours right now. Expect to see that thing looking like a completed section very soon.

progress 8-18.JPG

Final major pour of the endzone construction happening now. Railings going in at the same time. Formwork on the middle support for the NE is going on. Lots of digging at the IPF. Guys are busy today.

If you realize that they didn't begin construction on this thing until about 4 months ago, it is truly pretty amazing. These big boy contractors can accomplish some pretty amazing stuff. Just to think, it took me about 2 months to build a redwood deck, :lol:

Foam and framing are almost done on what I am guessing is a landing/handicap access for the touchdown club.

Concrete being poured on the big support beams in the NE corner.

Lots of dirt being removed from Franklin.

They dont seem to be working as late the last few days, maybe they are on or slightly ahead of schedule?

I counted over 70 construction workers on the job in the pics from the webcams. They're getting work done!

Back