What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

upload_2015-11-23_13-36-16.png

No more visible construction going on at the champion center. From what I can tell, its all about the graphics and finishing touches now inside.

The IPF however is entering finishing stages and it looks fantastic.

1) Kalwall panels going up on the south side, and I believe already installed on the east side.
2) Roof tiles going on
3) finishing south face, believe louvers are going in on the corners due to the mechanical equipment being housed in those areas
4) big terra cotta colored sheet on the roof is the base/backdrop for the solar panels. Going to be massive.
5) stone work appears to be done.

MORE PICS! MORE PICS! MORE PICS! MORE PICS! MORE PICS! MORE PICS! MORE PICS! MORE PICS! MORE PICS! MORE PICS!

tumblr_inline_nbcs3kiv3I1qbwpno.gif

From the photo, the field doesn't look as wide as regulation. Also, I have a hard time visualizing a punt not hitting the steel. Is that an optical illusion kind of thing? And don't take this as criticism. I know that after only seeing photos and web cams of it and then actually seeing it in person, the photos just don't do it justice. That facility is so totally full of awesome! Can't wait to see the track. And, come to think of it, what is the length of the track? Is it a full 400 or is it more like a 300 meter track? I think the Air Force track is, like, 300 meters or 320 meters.

From the photo, the field doesn't look as wide as regulation. Also, I have a hard time visualizing a punt not hitting the steel. Is that an optical illusion kind of thing? And don't take this as criticism. I know that after only seeing photos and web cams of it and then actually seeing it in person, the photos just don't do it justice. That facility is so totally full of awesome! Can't wait to see the track. And, come to think of it, what is the length of the track? Is it a full 400 or is it more like a 300 meter track? I think the Air Force track is, like, 300 meters or 320 meters.

According to the website it is a 6 lane 300m track. As far as the height to be able to punt inside, that is something that they have wanted since the beginning, so I am sure that they will be able to do it.

It is a regulation field, minus the corners that go onto track area I believe. I have walked alongside it. A football field is like 52,800 sq. ft. The indoor is 120,000 sq. ft. And the roof is at least 60 feet tall at center. Will have to punt in middle, not sides.

It is a regulation field, minus the corners that go onto track area I believe. I have walked alongside it. A football field is like 52,800 sq. ft. The indoor is 120,000 sq. ft. And the roof is at least 60 feet tall at center. Will have to punt in middle, not sides.
The roof if i Remember correctly is 80 feet tall

The roof if i Remember correctly is 80 feet tall
Ha! I'm pretty sure it is 85 ft.

From a physics forum:
"Yesterday I took a tour of the new Dallas Cowboy stadium and it is an engineering marvel. Above the field is a mammoth 4 sided scoreboard/screen, the bottom of which is 90 feet off the playing field. (Its length extends from 20 yard line to 20 yard line) There is debate as to whether that is too low and may be hit by punts. I’ve read that the average hang time for an NFL punt is 4.6 seconds. To calculate the height I used the following reasoning, does this seem sound? Discounting aerodynamics, a punted football will follow a parabolic arc, with exactly half it’s time traveling upwards, and the other half downward. That’s 2.3 seconds going up and 2.3 seconds going down. Using the formula y= (0.5)(32.2 ft/s sq)(time squared). I calculate the average height based on average hang time is 85.2 feet. A hang time of 4.73 seconds and above translates to 90 feet and higher height. Does this seem correct? I am ignoring velocity/trajectory in the x direction, and only working in the vertical (y) based on time of flight."

Reference https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/punted-football.325024/

Ha! I'm pretty sure it is 85 ft.

From a physics forum:
"Yesterday I took a tour of the new Dallas Cowboy stadium and it is an engineering marvel. Above the field is a mammoth 4 sided scoreboard/screen, the bottom of which is 90 feet off the playing field. (Its length extends from 20 yard line to 20 yard line) There is debate as to whether that is too low and may be hit by punts. I’ve read that the average hang time for an NFL punt is 4.6 seconds. To calculate the height I used the following reasoning, does this seem sound? Discounting aerodynamics, a punted football will follow a parabolic arc, with exactly half it’s time traveling upwards, and the other half downward. That’s 2.3 seconds going up and 2.3 seconds going down. Using the formula y= (0.5)(32.2 ft/s sq)(time squared). I calculate the average height based on average hang time is 85.2 feet. A hang time of 4.73 seconds and above translates to 90 feet and higher height. Does this seem correct? I am ignoring velocity/trajectory in the x direction, and only working in the vertical (y) based on time of flight."

Reference https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/punted-football.325024/
you are right, I remembered it was 5 ft shy of jerryworlds scoreboard, I just off on the height

Back