What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

I believe this was settled a long time ago. There will be no parking on Franklin. The AD does not want cars on the football practice fields. All parking permits will be reassigned based on priority points. Franklin holders will get to choose where they want to move to, including the garage below the IPF. The IPF is supposed to be open prior to games for tailgating activities (no grills though).

I toured the complex from top to bottom last week. Unbelievable. The entire complex creates a unified practice, workout and recovery facility for football. The unifying design as a whole is as amazing as each individual component. I heard the comment several times: there is nothing like it anywhere in the country. Great job RG and Coach Mac and staff. The two practice fields right next to the indoor field is integral to that unified design. I can't see sacrificing the fields by driving on them, even for tailgating. Given the game day improvements already built by RG for donors and long time fans, I am trusting that great new tailgating traditions will be available.

Official AD communication recieved today:

In follow up to our December communication, we are writing to share additional information regarding the parking and tailgating experience on Franklin Field in 2016 and beyond.
We are working to finalize a plan that will allow tailgating to continue on Franklin Field. As a reminder:

• Franklin Field is being converted into an outdoor practice field that our football program will use daily. Because of this, we cannot park cars on the field and risk causing damage that might lead to injury or a disruption in our team’s ability to practice.
  • We will offer an alternative parking location, most likely in the new underground parking garage, which includes the ability to “pre-reserve” a designated tailgating space on the grass around the perimeter of Franklin Field.
  • As an impacted Franklin Field patron, you will have the first opportunity to select this new parking/tailgating option before any other Buff Club member, regardless of priority.

As season ticket renewals approach (available online Feb. 15), we want to share a few key updates:

1. Your Franklin Field parking permit (and any associated parking contributions) will not appear on your renewal application. Any other parking permits on your account will appear on your renewal application.

2. A Buff Club team member will personally contact you before or in the early days of the renewal period to discuss options and next steps concerning Franklin Field parking and tailgating.

3. We will likely not have all parking questions answered by the time season ticket renewals are due in mid-March; however, it is important that you renew your football season tickets and any required seating contributions by the deadline in order to retain your priority for the new parking and tailgating options.

We know that tailgating is a very personal experience. Our intent is to implement a plan that enhances your game day by making the logistics simpler without sacrificing the unique aspects that make your tailgate memorable.

We look forward to being in touch again soon. As always, thank you for your dedicated support of Colorado Athletics.

Go Buffs!

The Buff Club Team

You know what would be a great idea? Have all the Franklin tailgaters park in the garage and offer them all their own tailgate storage space. On game days, somebody from the AD goes out and sets up the tailgates for you so when you arrive, it's already done. No damage done to the field by a few tents and tables. And then the folks don't have to worry about set up and tear down. Win/win.

You know what would be a great idea? Have all the Franklin tailgaters park in the garage and offer them all their own tailgate storage space. On game days, somebody from the AD goes out and sets up the tailgates for you so when you arrive, it's already done. No damage done to the field by a few tents and tables. And then the folks don't have to worry about set up and tear down. Win/win.

I believe something like this is one of the solutions being proposed. As a long time Franklin Field tailgater, I think it's a good idea.

Really hoping its units like this
c9cf9650-bb66-11e3-bbb8-9138e6e09735_boxGATE-1.jpg

You rent one for the season, load it with all your stuff. It stays on site all season. Either you or AD staff comes by sets up in the morning and boom instant tailgate.

Figured. Interested in what type of solution they offer around the perimeter of Franklin. Also the ripple effect this is going to have through out the other lots is going to suck.
The Buff Club assured me that no one would be removed from their current parking lot.

The Buff Club assured me that no one would be removed from their current parking lot.
The Buff Club isn't going to FORCE anyone out of their spots, but the top tier members get first pick on spots. What if a majority of Franklin Field users opt not to buy the permits for the garage, but instead buy permits for Farrand?

Official AD communication recieved today:
Just got done reading that on my email. The wife and I decided this past summer after touring the facilities with the Buff Club staff that we were just going to take a garage spot. With younger kids we don't tailgate like we used to before kids. Usually just bring a football now to toss around before walking around.

The Buff Club isn't going to FORCE anyone out of their spots, but the top tier members get first pick on spots. What if a majority of Franklin Field users opt not to buy the permits for the garage, but instead buy permits for Farrand?
That is too damn far. Didn't pay good money to walk that far, that is just silly talk now.

If you currently have a parking pass, you keep your parking pass. Does Farrand have assigned spots, otherwise what does it matter? Every other lot is first come first served, that's why my crew are always the first one in the engineering lot every game day.

One thing to note is that there were only roughly 200 permits left in Franklin by the time last season started.

If I recall the maximum outside field will be about 80yds instead of the full 100.

I'm wondering if they will use Folsom a little. Especially for punting and field goal practice

Almost positive there will be two short fields side by side going east and west, definitely not fill siZe though.

Unless they close Colorado and extend the field towards the Eng center.

Or build the road thru a tunnel that would run under a full size outside practice field.

:spiderman:

If I recall the maximum outside field will be about 80yds instead of the full 100.

I'm wondering if they will use Folsom a little. Especially for punting and field goal practice

The shortened outdoor practice field is my recollection, too.

The main downside of that is that it might open CU up to the mockery of opposing fan bases, which would be karma for when we make fun of the length of CSU's IPF.

The shortened outdoor practice field is my recollection, too.

The main downside of that is that it might open CU up to the mockery of opposing fan bases, which would be karma for when we make fun of the length of CSU's IPF.
While we may have a short field like they do in their IPF, we do have enough height inside to punt and kickoff. They do not, which compounds the issue of the short field. If we need to do something that involves all 100 yards we can either go inside or use Folsom.

While we may have a short field like they do in their IPF, we do have enough height inside to punt and kickoff. They do not, which compounds the issue of the short field. If we need to do something that involves all 100 yards we can either go inside or use Folsom.

I shutter to think about how CU's special teams might have been worse if Kent Riddle or Toby Nienas used a short field.

For a small fee of course. :sneaky:

Back