What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

Where it is sitting now, would be in the middle of a huge concrete slab, so I can't see them leaving it and building around. Maybe it is sitting where the stairs down to the main entrance is so they won't have to move it. No idea.
Yeah, I'd bet it's in some sort of shaft like a stairwell or elevator or something. They'll keep it up (like I edited my post above) to set precast, construct the roof and the parking garage. How far out into the IPF does it reach?

Wonder how they plan to keep snow off the party deck (bored at end of day)...they will need a serious drainage system...

what is up with the wall with all the NFL team logos on it?

Probably will be a list of CU players that are, were in the nfl and the teams they played on. You know since these college guys want to play in the nfl someday.

Probably will be a list of CU players that are, were in the nfl and the teams they played on. You know since these college guys want to play in the nfl someday.
Yup. There's a wall with nfl helmets in the basement of the Dal Ward. They haven't been updated but that's exactly what that wall is for

Looks very nice and I just got really excited... Until I realized I will, most likely, never see the inside of those facilities. I guess I'll have to live vicariously through these 18-22 year old kids.

One question, though... How exactly will the run behind Ralphie work? Will she run down the East sideline, per usual, with the players coming out of the Champions Center and having to turn south to run down the sideline behind her? Or will they just run out of the Champions Center and onto the North end zone area, while she runs down the sidelines?

Looks very nice and I just got really excited... Until I realized I will, most likely, never see the inside of those facilities. I guess I'll have to live vicariously through these 18-22 year old kids.

One question, though... How exactly will the run behind Ralphie work? Will she run down the East sideline, per usual, with the players coming out of the Champions Center and having to turn south to run down the sideline behind her? Or will they just run out of the Champions Center and onto the North end zone area, while she runs down the sidelines?

I imagine they will run out like they always have, they will just turn a corner instead of a straight shot

Donate to the construction and you will probably get an invite to the open house

They seem to be taking a long time to finish up the roof of the weight room/buff walk. Wonder what the dependencies are to completing it. Definitely follow Buff Club on twitter, they have been sending out pictures of angles the cameras can't catch like the North side of the Champions Ctr.

Donors will get a tour when it's done so you'll get a chance if you're able to make it

Must need a heavy duty ventilation system with the underground parking garage and the IPF on top.

HVAC will be a pretty beefy system, but nothing exceptional for the parking garage. There are CO activated systems that pump air out when CO gets too high. However the ventilation requirements are around 11 air changes/hour currently, meaning that the volume of air inside the garage will be replaced 11 times every hour. For comparison, 5 ACH is about what you can expect in your home.

The IPF will be a conditioned space, and you can see the big air handlers in that walk through they just released. Lots of cooling needed, for what is going to basically be a big green house. However, they plan to run the IPF off of solar energy whenever possible, so that should help offset some of the energy cost of cooling that building.

Donate to the construction and you will probably get an invite to the open house

I was trying to figure out how to do this directly. Do I have to be a member of the Buff Club? I've tried to do that before but never got a response.

Be a really stupid, Dick Tharp-level PR disaster NOT to have an Open House! The need for donations does not stop upon the facility's completion.

Nope.

Endowment, endowment, endowment.

There's also the small matter of the West Side / Balch along with CEC improvements that need to happen. Those things ain't gonna be cheap.

Even though this Bleacher report is over a year old, it will be interesting to see where CU rates. On this lists of top facilities (13)almost all have video walk thru...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-teams-with-most-appealing-facilities/page/12

Interesting to note Tennessee new 120,000 sq ft palace has a 22,000 Sq ft weight room. We as Florida has a 7,000 sq ft weight room. USC 70MM
John McKay Center only has a 30 yrd IPF. Of Course the Vatican's football center is mentioned, but, got better things to watch

I envision that looking very goofy. Whatever, small price to pay for those beauts of facilities.

As I understand it, coaches are spending a good portion of Spring practice teaching the team how to make a left turn when they leave the tunnel. Little things, you know.

Back