What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

Look, the CU Admin supported the new construction, despite their seemingly contentious relationship with football. Maybe they can back off on their 420 stance and these haters can be happy too.
I don't know about others but I wasn't really talking about the CU Administration, mainly news people and the anti CU public. I'm glad the Admin stepped up, long overdue.

I don't know about others but I wasn't really talking about the CU Administration, mainly news people and the anti CU public. I'm glad the Admin stepped up, long overdue.
It may have taken them 10-15 years to pull their collective heads out, but they finally understand and are committed to making CU competitive in the P5. Hats off to them. The locker room looks ridiculous! Great job all!!

Live Cam on CUBuffs.com is down. Wonder if that's because the team is practicing in Folsom today.

It was working just a few minutes ago. Could see them practicing, but a still every 15min does not show a whole lot.

EDIT: Just checked, its up right now. They are practicing on the south side of the field out of camera view.

Last edited:
It was working just a few minutes ago. Could see them practicing, but a still every 15min does not show a whole lot.

Yeah, it's back up now. And they seem to be working toward the south endzone where you can't really see anything anyway. It just got me thinking about how neurotic football coaches can be.

IIRC Kuta is a kNU grad? Or some connection to kNU. I don't believe Anastacia is around any longer?

from phone

nothing like a little combative and negative journalism to remind me that we still are in Boulder.

http://www.buffzone.com/cu-news/ci_28606301/cu-boulder-stadium-expansion-needs-extra-4m

What's "combative and negative" about this piece? It seems to more or less just be stating that there is more money needed and not only for the athletic facilities but others on campus as well. To me negative would be directly or indirectly stating that the athletic facilities are a waste of money, etc. I didn't get that from the article.

Now certainly there are many people in Boulder who would oppose construction of new athletic facilities, but that's not coming out in this article.
I agree with MarkW on this one. When I saw who the writer was, I braced myself for the worst. This story is almost word for word what was in The Post. It doesn't appear to have any "opinion" in it. She did dig a bit into other school projects to query whether other projects had experienced overruns, so I guess, in that sense, was digging a bit.

nothing like a little combative and negative journalism to remind me that we still are in Boulder.

http://www.buffzone.com/cu-news/ci_28606301/cu-boulder-stadium-expansion-needs-extra-4m

What's "combative and negative" about this piece? It seems to more or less just be stating that there is more money needed and not only for the athletic facilities but others on campus as well. To me negative would be directly or indirectly stating that the athletic facilities are a waste of money, etc. I didn't get that from the article.

Now certainly there are many people in Boulder who would oppose construction of new athletic facilities, but that's not coming out in this article.

Even those seem to be split about 50/50. I think we're finally starting to drown out the haters.
I couldn't find the comments.

I hope they're done with the Folsom & Colorado intersection soon. Freshman move-in is next week and it's a mess right now.

I was thinking about the added cost due to poor soil conditions. As it relates to the underground parking garage, which was a add on by the University, did the poor soil come into play because of the garage and greater depth and foundation? If so, did the school pick up the cost of that modification or was it shared between the school and the AD?

I guess my point is "did the addition of the garage create the differing site condition modification?"

I was thinking about the added cost due to poor soil conditions. As it relates to the underground parking garage, which was a add on by the University, did the poor soil come into play because of the garage and greater depth and foundation? If so, did the school pick up the cost of that modification or was it shared between the school and the AD?

I guess my point is "did the addition of the garage create the differing site condition modification?"

Not from my understanding. From what I can tell it had more to do with where the Champions Center sits. The piers were deeper and wider than expected because the soil underneath the section of the stadium that was removed was very poor.

Last edited:
Starting to wonder if the rooftop terrace will be ready by 9/12, seems to be really crawling along at the moment.

Starting to wonder if the rooftop terrace will be ready by 9/12, seems to be really crawling along at the moment.

They have a month. We wondered the same thing about the entire seating area at the base of the champion center, and it got ready in time. My guess is there is a huge penalty if they miss the deadline. They won't miss the deadline.

Not from my understanding. From what I can tell it had more to do with where the Champions Center sits. The diers were deeper and wider than expected because the soil underneath the section of the stadium that was removed was very poor.
Makes sense. Thanks man.

They have a month. We wondered the same thing about the entire seating area at the base of the champion center, and it got ready in time. My guess is there is a huge penalty if they miss the deadline. They won't miss the deadline.

Yeah figured RG wouldn't let that happen but I wonder if he's getting just a little nervous...

This will be the best home opener In a LONG time. Can't wait to see the new facilities in person. All the pictures are really impressive.

Why are there WASPs in Boulder?

Someone has to buy at retail rates.

Plausible
220px-The_Wasp_Woman.jpg

Back