What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Head Coach Search Thread - Primetime

App State is a machine at this point. Full buy in from the top down. It’s a place where coaches go to succeed. I’d be wary that any coach from there could duplicate thei success elsewhere. I’m not saying they can’t, I’d just be cautious.
THIS....

Appalachian State can get ANY player that they want because of the ONE win at Michigan. It changed their whole program overnight basically. Jerry Moore's coaching staff did this, not the current staff under Shawn Clark.

I wouldn't place too much weight on App State's success with the current regime, they are took over a program that was very successful. sorta like what Rick Neuheisel was handed!

So I did a quick little search on Andy Wang's tweet history and found....

"My price just went up! Happy to say I'm now a recruiting Assistant for the University of Colorado Football Program. #CutTheCheck"

seriously? My price went up? WTF.

here it goes...

AND YOU ARE OBNOXIOUS....

So I did a quick little search on Andy Wang's tweet history and found....

"My price just went up! Happy to say I'm now a recruiting Assistant for the University of Colorado Football Program. #CutTheCheck"

seriously? My price went up? WTF.

AND YOU ARE OBNOXIOUS....
Does he say today that "his price went down?"

#NSFTheCheck

App State and Georgia Southern have always gotten the really talented players from the SE that couldn’t make it into the SEC or ACC.

App State is a machine at this point. Full buy in from the top down. It’s a place where coaches go to succeed. I’d be wary that any coach from there could duplicate thei success elsewhere. I’m not saying they can’t, I’d just be cautious.
Scott satterfield seemed like a great hire for Louisville but he’s been pretty unremarkable. Eli Drinkwitz took over and had one season of success and has been unremarkable at Missouri if not having regressed that program.

I think App State coaches will continue to get their shot, but it’s definitely a job that kind of runs itself

Scott satterfield seemed like a great hire for Louisville but he’s been pretty unremarkable. Eli Drinkwitz took over and had one season of success and has been unremarkable at Missouri if not having regressed that program.
I wish my last name was Drinkwitz.

Man. I just read the first page of the "What's our Rock Bottom" thread. I'm just going to show myself the door. You guys are so pathetic that it is not even fun anymore. There is nothing I can say that you haven't already admitted to yourselves. Honestly, don't get your hopes up boys. This is some historic suckery the Buffs have mustered for themselves.

Eventually the Red Sox shook the curse of the Bambino. Hell even the Cubs eventually won a pennant. But this ain't baseball and in this game the big dogs are getting bigger and the Buffs, well the Buffs are still dreaming about that one time they caught the car. Bill McCartney ain't coming back.

So go ahead and keep jerking each other off. This is your 2 months of fun. A time to dream big about all the what could bes and how this hire is "going to be different this time". I don't have to tell you it won't, because you already know it won't. But at least every blowout loss for the rest of the season you can keep telling yourself, next year, next year.

Anyway, **** all of you.
Wait, who the **** is this guy?

I must have missed his post... Damn...

How can someone live like that? Things are NEVER going to get better? Categorically that statement has to be FALSE. If we go 0-12 this season, we can only get better. Sheesh.

We will be forced to get better when change happens. As soon as ****ty sports affects the bottom line (I believe it has) then all of a sudden, even the most arduent academia people at CU will call for change when they don't get their "CU Paid Medically Support Animal to walk them to office hours" because athletic money dried up (this is not a real thing but you get my point).

I am being really sarcastic here but I am of the belief that CU has no choice but to become competitive in this new age of college athletics. I just hope it is sooner rather than later.

Sounds like the kind of guy who was dismissed from CU's Exploratory Studies Program for failing academics. Applied and was accepted to Lincoln, eventually graduating with a 2.8 GPA, mainly on the back of knowing how to spell his name correctly.

He is now the assistant night-shift manager at the Enterprise Rent-a-Car at the Cedar Rapids Eastern Iowa Airport.

Still holds a grudge against CU.

Sounds like the kind of guy who was dismissed from CU's Exploratory Studies Program for failing academics. Applied and was accepted to Lincoln, eventually graduating with a 2.8 GPA, mainly on the back of knowing how to spell his name correctly.

He is now the assistant night-shift manager at the Enterprise Rent-a-Car at the Cedar Rapids Eastern Iowa Airport.

Still holds a grudge against CU.
That guy screwed up my rental reservation last week.

Games worth keeping an eye on this weekend if you're really bored:

UNLV (Marcus Arroyo) vs San Jose State (Brent Brennan) 8:30 PM Today (Friday) CBSSN - SJSU -6.5

Kent State (Sean Lewis) vs Miami (OH) (2-3) 1:30 Mountain - ESPN+ - Kent State -5.

James Madison (Curt Cignetti) vs Arkansas State (2-3) 5:00 PM NFL NETWORK - JMU -11.5

Illinois (DC Ryan Walters) vs Iowa (3-2) 5:30 PM BTN - Illinois -4, Iowa might not score.

Tulane (Fritz) vs ECU (3-2) - 1:30 PM ESPNU - Tulane -3

Air Force (Calhoun) vs Utah State (Anderson) 5:00 PM FS1 - AFA -10.5

Georgia (OC Monken) vs Auburn (RIP Harsin) 1:30 PM CBS - UGA -1000

Games worth keeping an eye on this weekend if you're really bored:

UNLV (Marcus Arroyo) vs San Jose State (Brent Brennan) 8:30 PM Today (Friday) CBSSN - SJSU -6.5

Kent State (Sean Lewis) vs Miami (OH) (2-3) 1:30 Mountain - ESPN+ - Kent State -5.

James Madison (Curt Cignetti) vs Arkansas State (2-3) 5:00 PM NFL NETWORK - JMU -11.5

Illinois (DC Ryan Walters) vs Iowa (3-2) 5:30 PM BTN - Illinois -4, Iowa might not score.

Tulane (Fritz) vs ECU (3-2) - 1:30 PM ESPNU - Tulane -3

Air Force (Calhoun) vs Utah State (Anderson) 5:00 PM FS1 - AFA -10.5

Georgia (OC Monken) vs Auburn (RIP Harsin) 1:30 PM CBS - UGA -1000
I'd add ODU (Rahne) at Coastal Carolina. That's an upset that would turn heads.

Back