What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Head Coach Search Thread - Primetime

Screenshot of Aub board post. On another board. Looks legit. Maybe you can work your sources. Says Utah State AD is the leader.
There is another poster on this site who has claimed sources in the AD who has said RG is merely a figurehead at this point and Saliman is leading the HC search.

If that report is true and RG has already interviewed for that job, it would be logical to suggest that poster's claim is accurate and that RG has already been told his days are numbered. At that point, let's hope Saliman is also prepared to make a new AD hire quickly.

Happy Gavin Free GIF by Rooster Teeth

George interviewing and not getting that job is worst case scenario. How does he answer that question to prospective HC candidates?

Pure speculation on my part, but could RG have been told we will be making a change at AD and have given him some time to find a new role to avoid a firing?

if RG ends up bolting, I will be very interested in the details if it was of his choosing or if he was encouraged to find employment elsewhere.

Lisa Campos, University of Texas at San Antonio​

1666284188518.png

In her fourth year as athletic director at the University of Texas at San Antonio, Lisa Campos helped produce the biggest fundraising year in the school’s history. She also oversaw the development and opening of the $40.8 million, 94,700-square-foot Roadrunner Athletics Center of Excellence.

Amid the latest round of conference realignment last October, she directed the university’s move from Conference USA to the higher-profile American Athletic Conference.

The Roadrunners had their best football season ever in 2021, going 12-2, and Campos extended coach Jeff Traylor’s contract to 2031 with a $2.8 million annual salary (higher than nearly every coach in UTSA’s new conference).

UTSA served as the host school for the 2021 Women’s NCAA Basketball Final Four and will do so again in 2025 for the men’s edition. Campos, who was a member of the SBJ Forty Under 40 Class of 2017, sits on the NCAA Division I Council, served as the chair for the NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Oversight Committee and is on the board of the Lead1 Association.

Her busy year was capped off when she received her own personal contract extension through 2026.

View attachment 55137

In her fourth year as athletic director at the University of Texas at San Antonio, Lisa Campos helped produce the biggest fundraising year in the school’s history. She also oversaw the development and opening of the $40.8 million, 94,700-square-foot Roadrunner Athletics Center of Excellence.

Amid the latest round of conference realignment last October, she directed the university’s move from Conference USA to the higher-profile American Athletic Conference.

The Roadrunners had their best football season ever in 2021, going 12-2, and Campos extended coach Jeff Traylor’s contract to 2031 with a $2.8 million annual salary (higher than nearly every coach in UTSA’s new conference).

UTSA served as the host school for the 2021 Women’s NCAA Basketball Final Four and will do so again in 2025 for the men’s edition. Campos, who was a member of the SBJ Forty Under 40 Class of 2017, sits on the NCAA Division I Council, served as the chair for the NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Oversight Committee and is on the board of the Lead1 Association.

Her busy year was capped off when she received her own personal contract extension through 2026.
Bring her and she brings Traylor. I could go for that.

View attachment 55137

She's impressive

I fundamentally believe RG was totally neutered by PS and he went along with it.

Could RG be a good AD if the reigns were taken off? Likely, except for one major issue: I fully expect major donors would be unwilling to open the checkbooks to him again after the last few years. An AD is worthless if he can't be a fundraiser and I expect that is where we are at now.

View attachment 55137

Graduated from CSU. That’s not a negative, but think she’s from Colorado originally.

She's impressive
Her ****ing alma mater is CSU. She's a colorado girl

Lisa Campos is the current director of athletics for the University of Texas at San Antonio. She previously served as athletic director for Northern Arizona University from 2012 to 2017,[2][3][4][5][6] and as an associate athletic director at the University of Texas at El Paso from 2003 to 2012.[7] Campos graduated from Colorado State University with both bachelor's and master's degrees.[8] She graduated from the University of Texas at El Paso with a doctorate degree. Campos was named athletic director at the University of Texas at San Antonio on November 16, 2017.[9][10][11][12][13] Campos also represents Conference USA on the NCAA Division I Council.[14]

Fire up the thread nik.

It's going to be hilarious when, on the same day in the next couple of weeks, Auburn announces:

• New AD Rick George
  • The firing of coach Harsin and the naming of interim HC Eric Kiesau

I mean- probably not hilarious for Duff.

“Ok Rick, our biggest problem is that we need a coach who can help us beat our rival Alabama. They have the most successful coach and the most powerful development infrastructure in the history of college football.”

“Why don’t you tell us about your coaching hires and the process you used to select those coaches.”

(Fill in RG’s answers)

“Thank you for your time Mr George, we will be in touch.”

George interviewing and not getting that job is worst case scenario. How does he answer that question to prospective HC candidates?

Pure speculation on my part, but could RG have been told we will be making a change at AD and have given him some time to find a new role to avoid a firing?
I don’t think his situation, no matter what it is, would deter anyone.

I don’t think his situation, no matter what it is, would deter anyone.
A hiring manager interviewing for other jobs wouldn’t deter a prospective employee? I’d want to know who my boss was when interviewing for a job.

A hiring manager interviewing for other jobs wouldn’t deter a prospective employee? I’d want to know who my boss was when interviewing for a job.
Prospective coach: “Well Rick, I’ve heard rumors you’re interviewing for other jobs. Can you discuss that?”
Saliman bursting into room: “I wouldn’t worry about getting to know Rick one way or another”

1. Your prospective job doesn't include a 5 year contract for $20m+, mostly or fully guaranteed.
2. If the CEO of said company hand picked you, I don't think your mid level manager would matter too much

Back