What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Head Coach Search Thread - Primetime

I don't believe that. The BoR is filled with liberals who hate football
I don’t disagree with you on that point (though a couple of the new Regents have surprised me so far), but the contract had to be approved by the BOR, and it was RG that convinced them to approve.

I don’t disagree with you on that point (though a couple of the new Regents have surprised me so far), but the contract had to be approved by the BOR, and it was RG that convinced them to approve.
It's a joke. Some on this board were convinced that the BoR becoming dem controlled for the first time in 40 years meant that football would somehow get worse.

They’re a rubber stamp. The only thing they care about is if there’s money to pay him. There is.

I am sure it will get some run, but a black P5 head coach with two black coordinators (if the rumors on Alford and Robinson are true) is a big deal.
Agreed.

We may also be the first P5 school to hire three black head coaches in a row.

Combine the 2 points and it is a great counter to the lily white student body negative recruiting.

Don't forget Jerdough
Can there be a t-shirt made that says “Who the **** is Jerdough?” Like the “Who the **** is Mick Jagger?” Shirts from years ago? I’d buy one if it was black with Buffs gold lettering, or a gold shirt with black lettering.

Because I'm a battered Buffs fan, I found myself thinking about how this couldn't be a complete best case scenario. The only negative I can think of is the negative press of CU and "lily white Boulder" taking a coach from an HBCU. I'm hoping we find a way to get them in future schedules. It's much better than basketball playing a road game as it's a pay day for the school, get them on TV, bring their band etc.

Back