What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU @ Oregon State Thread - 10/14 2 PM MT on P12-Network

Yea ok. Take a look at Tate's start against USC last year http://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=400869136 Somehow they were able to hold him in check. Are you saying that we don't have a weakness in stopping running Quarterbacks after giving up a record rushing yards to a quarterback? Give me a break.
That's not what I'm saying- clearly the CU defense cannot stop mobile QBs routinely- anybody remember the Pizza Delivery guy from Hawaii?

What I'm saying is that Collins is not nearly the caliber of QB that Tate is. If he runs for a third as many yards as Tate, I'll eat major crow.

Also, I think it's a false comparison because
  • USC had the entire week to prep for Tate in his first start. CU had prepped all week for Dawkins.
  • There's also a big difference between a QB's first start his freshman year and when he's playing as a sophomore.
  • The first play from scrimmage for UofA in that USC game was a Tate 28 yard run. Besides that possession, they were only within one score for one other possession. That's going to force an offense to pass to play catch-up. UofA was either winning or tied with CU the entire game.
  • Tate was pulled with 7:30 to go in the third, and he still rushed for 72 yards and a score.

That's not what I'm saying- clearly the CU defense cannot stop mobile QBs routinely- anybody remember the Pizza Delivery guy from Hawaii?

What I'm saying is that Collins is not nearly the caliber of QB that Tate is. If he runs for a third as many yards as Tate, I'll eat major crow.

• USC had the entire week to prep for Tate in his first start. CU had prepped all week for Dawkins.
  • There's also a big difference between a QB's first start his freshman year and when he's playing as a sophomore.
  • The first play from scrimmage for UofA in that USC game was a Tate 28 yard run. Besides that possession, they were only within one score for one other possession. That's going to force an offense to pass to play catch-up. UofA was either winning or tied with CU the entire game.
  • Tate was pulled with 7:30 to go in the third, and he still rushed for 72 yards and a score.
If that dude runs for a third we still lose.

That’s true and I don’t think they will play Collins at QB anyways. I guess I’m still having nightmairs over last week.

If that dude runs for a third we still lose.
I respectfully disagree.

Oregon State's defense is much worse than Arizona's by any metric (123rd vs. 89th in total yards per game, 103rd vs. 70th in rush yards/game, 106th vs. 89th in pass yards/game, 129th vs. 65th in points/game, 120th vs. 72nd in S&P+, and at least 30 spots worse in each of the Five Factors on defense (Arizona here and Oregon State here)), so I'm pretty sure that CU's going to score tomorrow.

The reason that Arizona won that game last week (besides self-inflicted wounds via penalty) was Tate's career rushing night. UofA's passing offense is just about the same statistically as OSU's, so if CU can contain the rushing game I am fairly confident the Beavs won't be able to keep up with CU.

Denver_sc nailed it...Buffs SHOULD win tomorrow. If not, let's say CU won't win another game this season. CU's players should be ticked off that they let one win go away last weekend.

ypp and TO margin are key predictors of winning.

Conference games only. Thus 3 this year, 10 last year.

Yards gained per play - O

2016: 5.42
2017: 5.42

Yards allowed per play - D

2016: 4.93
2017: 7.93 (skewed by Tate, of course. I hope)

TO margin per game

2016: 0.40
2017: 0.00

Source: cfbstats.com (good site).

I respectfully disagree.

Oregon State's defense is much worse than Arizona's by any metric (123rd vs. 89th in total yards per game, 103rd vs. 70th in rush yards/game, 106th vs. 89th in pass yards/game, 129th vs. 65th in points/game, 120th vs. 72nd in S&P+, and at least 30 spots worse in each of the Five Factors on defense (Arizona here and Oregon State here)), so I'm pretty sure that CU's going to score tomorrow.

The reason that Arizona won that game last week (besides self-inflicted wounds via penalty) was Tate's career rushing night. UofA's passing offense is just about the same statistically as OSU's, so if CU can contain the rushing game I am fairly confident the Beavs won't be able to keep up with CU.
You're disagreeing with something I didn't say, but ok.

Why anyone is comparing Oregon State to Arizona or stating that OSU is suddenly going to run the read option against CU is totally insane.

OSU may be the worst P5 team in the country. They are still trying to figure out what they do well (which is not much).

I see us winning and winning BIG on the road. OSU will fight hard and get some points....but I still see a blowout.
CU's offense will click and the D will want to re-establish themselves as having had an off night last week.
We will cut back on penalties this week, as well....and put ourselves in a positoin to get some momentum
before Cal and ASU, etc.

A big win on the road is EXACTLY what this program needs now. If we lose, we roll over and play dead for the rest of the season.

We NEED this.

I (obviously) hope that we play well and win, but I'm so tired of the gestures from Money Gang, Blackout Boys, and frankly Montez every time any of them do anything positive. It is a bad look for a team on a three-game losing streak. Just ****ing play and make the great plays that you're supposed to, the swag will come.

I (obviously) hope that we play well and win, but I'm so tired of the gestures from Money Gang, Blackout Boys, and frankly Montez every time any of them do anything positive. It is a bad look for a team on a three-game losing streak. Just ****ing play and make the great plays that you're supposed to, the swag will come.

You just have to take it as a semi-positive. That's what I do.

They play with so little fire so often it seems that even though the gesticulating annoys the hell out of me, I try to see as at least them showing some sort of excitement about being out there.

Man I hope we pound some Beaver today. If we struggle not hopeful of winning many more games this season.

Kind of agree. Reminds me of CSUs QB last year doing the first down sign after a run, down 38

KOA: Tate not starting for az today - coach's choice.

safeway has specially packaged 1/2 gallons of ice cream for csu and CU. CU's is "Rocky Road". Hopefully today won't be too bumpy.

GB thinks a tennessee loss today would be bye-bye coach

Just cleared customs from Italy in the Newark airport and settled down to eat and catch up on football. Won a raffle we didn’t even know we entered. $60 of food comped.

Good omen for the Buffs?

In the mountains today with no access to TV. Have some internet so can check AB and keep up with the score. Looking forward to reading this thread without knowing what’s actually going on...

Pac 12 really giving OSU interim coach Cory Hall lots of airtime.

His pregame interview is full of coach-speak and empty platitudes. Not caring about the result ... like the movie 300 ... energy on the sidelines ... finish what coach Anderson started.

He comes off as more green than Embree and Cabral.

Any tips on how to get the radio broadcast? My normal streaming site does not have the game and ooTunes has it blocked

Beautiful weather in the Corvallis. Oregon rust belt shockingly sunny.

LOL ... gotta love the OSU RB that's "under the weather" hugging all his teammates and spreading his germs two hours before the game!

You HAVE to catch that.

I'm SO SICK AND TIRED off seeing Montez flushed out of the pocket to his right and throwing the ball OB!

Back