What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs. UNC Game Thread

I called it several months ago, i haven't change my mind. CU is going to beat Texas A&M.
bbf12021-6242-45b5-8c77-6057087477f8_text.gif

Haven’t read all the comments yet, but color me disappointed as ****.
- O line getting blown off the ball for most of it
- D line getting blown off the ball for all of it
- Pass pro was optional and most opted out
- Completed passes farther than 15 yards apparently aren’t a thing
- Penalties are what the “cool kids do.”
I don’t really agree with the first two. They rushed for ~300 yards (when you exclude the losses from the two sacks), averaging around 6 ypc. They held UNC to a 1.1 ypc average. The trenches were fine w/r/t dominating the LOS. Pass pro was obviously an issue at the Tackle positions, we’ll see who they start next week.

Taking a step back and looking at everything this morning, the only part I’m actually not pleased with were the penalties, Tackle play, and what appeared to be severe training wheels on Lewis.

Last edited:
I don’t really agree with the first two. They rushed for ~300 yards (when you exclude the losses from the two sacks), averaging around 6 ypc. They held UNC to a 1.1 ypc average. The trenches were fine w/r/t dominating the LOS. Pass pro was obviously an issue at the Tackle positions, we’ll see who they start next week.

Taking a step back and looking at everything this morning, the only part I’m actually not pleased with were the penalties, Tackle play, and what appeared to be severe training wheels on Lewis.
Consider the quality of the opponent. UNC isn’t good.

The good:
1. Ralphie VI
2. Student section
3. Weather
4. No injuries
5. Meaningful reps for back up running backs

The meh:
1. Run game outside the Tackles (consider the opponent...FCS, new high school coaching staff, no meaningful game in almost two years)
2. Kick returns (see above consider the opponent)
3. No turnovers

The bad:
1. Run game inside the Tackles (see above consider the opponent)
2. Linebacker speed other than Wells
3. RT and LT play (see above consider the opponent)
4. OL chemistry...a collection of individuals
5. Pass protection in general (see above consider the opponent)
6. Back up reps for majority of team came very late (see above consider the opponent)
7. Mid field pass coverage - granted, they hadn’t seen film and McCaffrey is athletic but he’s cast off from P5...they had way more success than they should’ve had (see above consider the opponent).
8. PAC12 officials

The ugly:
1. Discipline - letting that team get under your skin and at times bully you? Seriously?
2. Pre-snap stupidity
3. I know they were likely holding back looks for aTm but yikes, that was brutal

Last edited:
Holeee Shiite
We don't win another game this season.
OL is a disaster rivaling Biden's Afghan pullout.
That scared little bunny at QB will only get worse as the sacks and hits pile up. We will see walkon Jordan Woolverton at QB this season.
Criminally negligent of Dorrell to have let Noyer leave when this kid was the alternative. Lewis just flat out cannot throw nor can he make even simple reads. Pocket presence non-existent.

Will Dorrell be fired after a 1 - 11 season?

This team is going to get worked by A&M. They better get some recruiting religion. Unreal how UNC gave us fits in the trenches. QB is a major issue, guys were open and Lewis is not accurate. Going to be a long season and 4 being the over under is a good line

This team is going to get worked by A&M. They better get some recruiting religion. Unreal how UNC gave us fits in the trenches. QB is a major issue, guys were open and Lewis is not accurate. Going to be a long season and 4 being the over under is a good line
aTm will do to the Buffs what the Buffs should have done to UNC. Take aTm and the points regardless of the line.

300 yards on the ground is damn good regardless of the opponent. I thought the gameplan was really vanilla-all about getting through last night while showing A&M as little as possible and making sure PJ Fleck knows (especially after OSU went for 201 on the ground on them Thursday) that we're pretty good on the ground too.

Would expect the training wheels to come off Lewis starting next week.
QB is a major issue? Weren't you one of the people who couldn't wait to see Lewis in the bowl game last year?

Man, I don’t see who beside AZ they beat. What other two do you see?
They can beat OSU. They have a punchers chance against Minnesota because they’re home and Ibrahim is hurt and might be good for an upset somewhere along the way if things break right.

OH, just stop it with any half-way realistic assessments!

It's much better and more entertaining to listen to a bunch of 35 year-olds whine that the score wasn't 100-0 at half time!

300 yards on the ground is damn good regardless of the opponent. I thought the gameplan was really vanilla-all about getting through last night while showing A&M as little as possible and making sure PJ Fleck knows (especially after OSU went for 201 on the ground on them Thursday) that we're pretty good on the ground too.

Would expect the training wheels to come off Lewis starting next week.

QB is a major issue? Weren't you one of the people who couldn't wait to see Lewis in the bowl game last year?
Asking this motley AllBuffs crew for any intellectual "consistency" is like asking the Taliban to respect women and dogs!

Just show up here for the LOLZ and enjoy.

Loving the “we didn’t want to show A&M too much of the playbook” talk. It’s like clockwork after game 1 of the season when the offense underwhelms. Chev, master strategist!

That was not what I expected. Play calling was a snooze fest. The Defense was playing in a similar way to the CSU game in 2019. The UNC ends we’re giving the OT’s fits. Also, we all get that having people in the stands again is cool, and you want to give them a show, but give them a show by making them never want to step foot in Folsom by stomping all over them. We also get that many played with or against each other in high school…again, let the playing do the talking…not your mouth and/or extra actions. The penalties killed momentum on both sides of the ball.

while a dual threat QB is great, there are pretty solid running backs to use for that purpose. Judging by what Stanley and B-Rice did on returns, Chev and B-Lewis need to find a way to get the ball into their hands. It didn’t seem the TE’s factored much into the passing game…maybe a couple passes to Russell and one to Pell? It makes me wonder if Shrout was the deep-threat thrower? I guess we will find out next year? It was nice to see the RBs get some action in last night and each get a score. MLC is another playmaker in the making.

Not sure where Barnes was last night, or why Lamb came in late in the game? It seems that Barnes, on paper, would be the answer to the passes thrown to the middle.

again, a bunch of stupid penalties probably cost at least two scores for the Buffs.

Given the variables going into this game, hopefully Ed Mac is turning around that program…otherwise, we all should buckle up for a bumpy ride this season.

Loving the “we didn’t want to show A&M too much of the playbook” talk. It’s like clockwork after game 1 of the season when the offense underwhelms. Chev, master strategist!
This. This is never the thinking among coaches. Put restrictions on a young QB against an inferior opponent? GTFOH. You turn them loose to gain confidence.

Ok tough guy. My point is that 9 of 11 offensive starters are back from a team with a very productive offense. You said Broussard carried the team, and Noyer had no impact. I said it in jest…this performance is pathetic, and the only real difference on offense is the quarterback. So you tell me what the issue is, because apparently you have it figured out.
Now I'm a tough guy. Lol I was waiting for you to defend the mess that Noyer was in those games I mentioned. You couldn't. Which was what I thought. You decided to cry for the presence of Noyer after one half of football when Noyer showed you over basically a half of a season he wasn't very good. No I don't have it figured out but you are a moron.

The one thing I can find solace in, even though I don’t know the whole story of those games, is that we beat an FCS team by more than ASU or Utah did. 🤷‍♂️

Biggest takeaway is that OT is a giant liability. Thought it would be five months ago and not a lot has changed.
Was with you that tackle depth was going to be an issue, but really felt like the starters would be fine as long as they could stay healthy. If last night’s starters are going to continue to be the guys (I was projecting Wray and Fillip to fill those slots), things could get dicey this year. As another poster stated above, really interested to see what the team looks like against Minnesota in a couple weeks. A little hesitant to read too much into last night, positive or negative.

Back