What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official D coordinator search thread (DJ Eliot hired?)

i heard from an insider Colorado has chosen a new DC. I saw it posted on the rivals boards but I'm not going to share my insider info for those who don't pay. ****ing peasants.

You've been on Allbuffs for 135 days and made 1,211 posts in that time. That's 8.97 posts per day, which to me implies you kind of enjoy being on here and you call folks peasants while being too cheap to cough up 20 bucks on here?

You've been on Allbuffs for 135 days and made 1,211 posts in that time. That's 8.97 posts per day, which to me implies you kind of enjoy being on here and you call folks peasants while being too cheap to cough up 20 bucks on here?

lol I was kidding. See the post above yours.

You should have stopped after the last time. Ripping on people for providing info you do not want to pay for is weird.
And ironic, considering that he's not a paying member on this site. :confused:

Edit: Just saw Jens' post. I'll leave it considering the message should be heard, but rock was apparently kidding. Who knows?

I'm making fun of how uppity people are on this site for not paying for rivals information and their insistence on not sharing it with those who don't pay.

And ironic, considering that he's not a paying member on this site. :confused:

Edit: Just saw Jens' post. I'll leave it considering the message should be heard, but rock was apparently kidding. Who knows?

Oh no! I don't pay for a free site! It is optional after all, thanks.

I'm making fun of how uppity people are on this site for not paying for rivals information and their insistence on not sharing it with those who don't pay.

Oh no! I don't pay for a free site! It is optional after all, thanks.

I don't take it as uppity.

There's a necessary respect for premium information on Allbuffs. Without those sites being financially viable and covering CU, we would have so much less info on Allbuffs. Don't want to be taking everything from behind their pay walls and immediately publishing it on a free site or it kills their business model. And a lot of us do subscribe but don't check Scout & Rivals boards anywhere near as regularly as AB so it's nice to get a heads up when there's something there to go check out.

I don't take it as uppity.

There's a necessary respect for premium information on Allbuffs. Without those sites being financially viable and covering CU, we would have so much less info on Allbuffs. Don't want to be taking everything from behind their pay walls and immediately publishing it on a free site or it kills their business model. And a lot of us do subscribe but don't check Scout & Rivals boards anywhere near as regularly as AB so it's nice to get a heads up when there's something there to go check out.

This has gone too far, I don't expect anyone to post free information from a paid site. I'm making fun of the fact that every time something is posted it seems an argument starts over people paying. It was a joke, I'm out.

This has gone too far, I don't expect anyone to post free information from a paid site. I'm making fun of the fact that every time something is posted it seems an argument starts over people paying. It was a joke, I'm out.

Whoa. I agree with you that it's silly and this is the first I've posted. And I posted solely to address a characterization of those types of posts as "uppity" since that's not my impression and not what I believe to be intended.

Just an FYI, very little information seeps out from the AD or from HCMM regarding this or past coaching searches. They run a tight ship with few leaks. While frustrating from a fan(atic)'s perspective, it's probably a good sign from a management perspective.

agree

Have a great life.

4dcd8322f629fd0d420484f6e717fe805a6641e8c78708a762d2ad36fd4017db.jpg

If Deruyter/Diaco aren't coming, I'd be all for Dan McCarney. He's been DC, HC, coached under Hayden Fry for a decade, and has had a presence in Florida and Texas-and could probably bring in a few of those big linemen from Iowa with his connections out there. Bring in a younger guy to recruit and let him do his thing.

Last edited:
Yes. He had a terrible loss to Portland State as head coach at UNT and got canned towards the end of 15. I think he'd be great as a defensive coordinator, but the ship has sailed for him as head coach.

If Deruyter/Diaco aren't coming, I'd be all for Dan McCarney. He's been DC, HC, coached under Hayden Fry for a decade, and has had a presence in Florida and Texas. Bring in a younger guy to recruit and let him do his thing.
I Really hope we can land Diaco, but McCarney sounds good too. We would be better off with a good DC, game planning and making the right calls and adjustments than a so so DC who recruits well. Obviously one who does both is great, but at DC I'd opt for a better coach over a better recruiter. Then CU would have to surround him with high energy guys that can recruit. Any recruiting dead wood would need to be cleaned out. Except for the coordinators, recruiting dead wood should be replaced anyway.

Back