What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*OFFICIAL* Deion Sanders aka Coach Prime is the new CU Football Head Coach thread

Embree can't recruit like Prime can. Embree never had 4* and 5* guys tweeting @ him to see if he's got room on the roster for them. Embree just couldn't back up his words.
And Prime can't coach them up. He won in JSU because the level of talent was vastly superior to the competition.

This is going to be a huge crash and burn. Prime is using Colorado as content for his docuseries. He's not going to be a legitimate Head Coach.

Do you think Sanders stacks up to the level of intellectual X's and O's of Nick Saban, Lincoln Riley, Dabo Sweeney, Kirby Smart? Hell no lmao. How would he know how to evaluate good staff members with strong X's and O's. He's a cheerleader, nothing more.
Because the guys he is bringing in are very, very good? And you think all those HC are calling all the plays???

We're relevant again. We have an actual troll beyond dumbass Surveyor.

praise him steve harvey GIF

Many of them or at least several of them were quoted as saying that last season was the most fun they've ever had playing football too.
I get that. No pressure to win or anything. Just enjoy the perks of playing football. I loved playing Intramural football, and would have loved to play it on a scholly.

We're relevant again. We have an actual troll beyond dumbass Surveyor.

praise him steve harvey GIF
He's the worst internet troll ever.

Latest rumor that might cause some on here to have an erection lasting longer than four hours: Coach Prime wants Kent State HC Sean Lewis as OC. Thamel on twitter.

Filming everything for the sole benefit of Deion and his pockets is a good football move for a program?
Promoting himself and building the CU brand. Watch what happens to the CU program with recruiting, ticket sales, NIL, media coverage, trolls joking our message boards, etc. It’s all good for the program.

Let’s also not act like Saban and Alabama have kept their program and process a secret and off camera. Documentaries being put out every other year. Be better.

Latest rumor that might cause some on here to have an erection lasting longer than four hours: Coach Prime wants Kent State HC Sean Lewis as OC. Thamel on twitter.
Official according to ESPN

Thames actually confirmed he is leaving for us lol

Welcome to the party. Come on twitter troll, keep up!

This is going to be a disaster of epic proportions. Deion Sanders is more of a cheerleader type coach, and not really an X's and O's guys. Get ready for a bunch of 3-9/4-8 seasons lmao
When you watch those programs like Wild Kingdom, or Animal Planet, they often do a bit about a wolf pack. The alpha male dominates, but as he ages, eventually the up and comers begin to nip at him, provoke him, and then one day kill him. Saban is getting nipped at, and our friend from Bama either doesn't recognize it for what it is, or just wants to believe the alpha male lives forever.

Bama's run is over. It's just a question of who takes over. The takeover will occur in PrimeTime.

Jeremy Bloom was just on the Fan and said that he approached RG the day KD was fired with the idea of hiring Prime. Said he got Steve Smith, Brandon Marshall, and Sean Merriman to help him reach out to Prime about the job.

Bloom was also very complimentary of RG saying he deserves all the credit as he made it al happen and closed the deal
But, but @manhattanbuff told us RG wasn’t involved and he had intel to prove it

Neuweasel just called coach Prime a hypocrite for telling his players at JSU not to bail in the portal and then telling the CU players to kick rocks in the portal.
That is purposely misunderstanding what he said… and why… in each case. Intellectually dishonest.

Or had tough fathers. What Prime says to those MEN was a piece of cake compared to what my Dad would say to me on any given Tuesday. He was a military guy and had no tolerance for certain things and let it be known. Nothing wrong with challenging these men to toughen up a bit.
Exactly. I saw it as a challenge. If they leave, challenge not accepted. But those who stand up to him directly telling them to leave are dedicated. They still need to earn their place every year, which is how most schollies work anyway, but they'll get that chance. No guarantees.

His choice of words stunk. he basically told those guys "you're not wanted, hit the road". Not the way to treat a Buff.
Use some words DS: "you'll each meet with an ass't coach and your situation will be reviewed, etc"
Leave them with some dignity.

only thing that I haven't liked so far.
I get that, and I wouldn’t like to hear that, either. But, on the other hand, I sort of go back to some of the George Carlin takes on the insidiousness of “soft language.” Instead, just say what it is. Respect that the person in front of you is not a child and has some grit of their own.

In this time and place and context, I dig Coach Prime’s approach.

Last edited:
some of you have no idea what it is to be a scholarship athlete, who gives his or her all, mentally and physically to their university and team, for 3, 4, 5 years. These kids absolutely deserved a closed-door meeting Fact is, as DS said at his intro, the documentary crew was there and filming. They filmed the Jackson players' announcement and had to film this too. DS should have said "no", but he's showman and put one on.
I do agree with this. The message needed be said. I’ve done the military thing for almost 30 years, combat, blah blah blah. I might have taken a slightly different tact.

Back