What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread - Colorado vs TCU: Sko Buffs!!!

Are we still doing the 'Brick' games? Because that was definitely one of 'em.
Funny thing with the "Brick" games is that it was kind of a manufactured controversy. Several forever Buffs players said they didn't remember the "Brick" game thing and when reminded were like "oh yeah" but hadn't considered it some huge tradition of the program.

Good question. 1) it’s simply inaccurate and that makes me doubt information they provide about things on which I’m uninformed, 2) it’s their f*cking job to learn about the teams whose game they will call, and 3) it furthers a false narrative that Prime just cut holdovers without giving them a fair chance to compete.
There’s a lot folks talking about how awesome Woods’ INT was out there, and I make it a point to mention that he was a holdover

Good morning from Texas. in addition to bragodoccio ass hat drugstore cowboys, the state appears to be also filled with 24 hour diners serving deep fried death on a plate.

mimosa going down smooth and i bask in contentment, surrounded by shocked and dismayed enemy fans. life is quite good.

also, it was very very kind of their oc to stop running the ball at the end of the game. we will probably not be granted that kind of gift going forward but hopefully we aren't always locked into a grass basketball score fest.

today is good.

Watch TCU's final drive again. For whatever reason, both times they tried to run between the tackles, CU stoned them.

Good question. 1) it’s simply inaccurate and that makes me doubt information they provide about things on which I’m uninformed, 2) it’s their f*cking job to learn about the teams whose game they will call, and 3) it furthers a false narrative that Prime just cut holdovers without giving them a fair chance to compete.
I hate the Al Michaels “and that’s a 15yd rush for the former Notre Dame and Cincinnati Bengals man”

It’s all just word vomit and adds nothing to quality of the production.

Watch TCU's final drive again. For whatever reason, both times they tried to run between the tackles, CU stoned them.
Which makes the comments “TCU screwed themselves by not running on the last drive. CU simply couldn’t stop them” all that more delicious.

Guy played 120 snaps on a hot Texas day running all over the field and he still has the energy to do that after the game?

What kind of shape is he in and what kind of ridiculous dedication does he have to get and stay in that shape?

The natural athletic gifts are obvious but you don't do what he did today without an immense amount of hard work

He trains at altitude.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Which makes the comments “TCU screwed themselves by not running on the last drive. CU simply couldn’t stop them” all that more delicious.
Am I misremembering the final TCU drive? They drove through the air and then decided to run the ball around midfield to make sure CU wouldn't have time left to answer - and that's when they got stoned, ended up in 3rd & 4th and long, and CU bowed up to get the dub. Right?

Am I misremembering the final TCU drive? They drove through the air and then decided to run the ball around midfield to make sure CU wouldn't have time left to answer - and that's when they got stoned, ended up in 3rd & 4th and long, and CU bowed up to get the dub. Right?
That is exactly how it went.

Liver was sauced after the first CU drive that resulted in a TD. His analysis is a little "clouded."

Watched the game at DNVR Bar yesterday. They're a great organization and will definitely be my go-to for Buffs road games this season.

At halftime, I told my friends I was at peace with winning or losing. Just having a competitive, entertaining team is a joy in and of itself. Winning in the fashion we did was gravy. This is going to be a fun season.

I think the play of game was the 3rd and 15 conversion with approx 8 minutes left. We were down 35-31, and it felt like the momentum had shifted to TCU. I was already thinking about how we would punt, and TCU would march down the field and put the game away. Instead, Shedeur makes a perfect throw to Hunter, who secures it in traffic. Incredible resolve from these guys in a high-pressure situation and a hostile environment.

I wore my CU shirt out downtown last night. People kept coming up and asking about the Buffs and Prime. Still can't believe we are living in a world where the Buffs are the hot topic in CFB, but I'm enjoying the ride.

You are correct.

That is exactly how it went.

Liver was sauced after the first CU drive that resulted in a TD. His analysis is a little "clouded."
Speaking of which, again, didn’t drink during the game. I cannot have any kickoffs past 2:30 Central this year. For the sake of the Buffaloes.

Watched the game at DNVR Bar yesterday. They're a great organization and will definitely be my go-to for Buffs road games this season.

At halftime, I told my friends I was at peace with winning or losing. Just having a competitive, entertaining team is a joy in and of itself. Winning in the fashion we did was gravy. This is going to be a fun season.

I think the play of game was the 3rd and 15 conversion with approx 8 minutes left. We were down 35-31, and it felt like the momentum had shifted to TCU. I was already thinking about how we would punt, and TCU would march down the field and put the game away. Instead, Shedeur makes a perfect throw to Hunter, who secures it in traffic. Incredible resolve from these guys in a high-pressure situation and a hostile environment.

I wore my CU shirt out downtown last night. People kept coming up and asking about the Buffs and Prime. Still can't believe we are living in a world where the Buffs are the hot topic in CFB, but I'm enjoying the ride.
a) it was 3 and 16.
b) it was a non call Pass Interference.

And you are right... it basically save the game for us.

I’m not sure Myles Slusher is getting enough love for his textbook technique on the game winning tackle on 4th down. Didn't overrun the play, kept inside leverage and forced the TE outside, and then made the sure tackle. Great work!

Last edited:
When they did run on that final drive they went with straight up runs. The read option was ****ing us up most of the day because of overpursuit/communication issues and probably just TCU QB making really good decisions a lot of the time. I’m not complaining at all, but in that last drive TCU went completely away from what had been working all day. Guess that’s what you get for relying on a Briles.

How early did you go/how difficult was it to get a table?

Schiano looks like he's gotten Rutgers back to being a solid, mid-level team that plays old school football.

Northwestern is an embarrassment of an FBS program right now.

Back