What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official game thread CU v csu 8/31 @7:30 pm

tenor.gif

Yeah, I am just not sure what to expect from the OL going forward. Bad opponent or not, we clearly have talent at the skill positions. But we still do not really know about this OL, completely untested last night.
They did better than last year's "best o line CU has ever seen."

the athletic has a nice piece on moretti. he got in, in the 4th and did well. the leg held up. if he can stay pain-free, he is going to be a huge help to this ol.

also, did you all notice all the young guys making plays? we've definitely upgraded our athleticism.

and, i will mention for the 3rd time: viska is a bad, bad, bad man.
Last year Bisharat drops that TD and trips on himself in the backfield.

The Pac-12 won't shut up about N'Keal Harry yet,

In fairness, with CBSSN rolling with the Syracuse-WMU garbage time 4Q over Montez’s brilliant 1Q, how many experts really got a chance to look at CU beyond the highlight reel? Out of sight, out of mind.

In fairness, with CBSSN rolling with the Syracuse-WMU garbage time 4Q over Montez’s brilliant 1Q, how many experts really got a chance to look at CU beyond the highlight reel? Out of sight, out of mind.
They streamed the game from the start.

I’ve already seen different message boards linking the Post article about Montez deserving the Heisman and either a) getting the sarcasm and loving it or b) not getting the sarcasm and thinking Montez is now overrated.

Very professional blog post making it in our state’s newspaper. ^_^

I’ve already seen different message boards linking the Post article about Montez deserving the Heisman and either a) getting the sarcasm and loving it or b) not getting the sarcasm and thinking Montez is now overrated.

Very professional blog post making it in our state’s newspaper. ^_^
Gotta be pretty ****ing stupid not to see it as an ode to the ineptitude of the lammies

Which works great in all those sports bars that feature large screen PC’s. But those relying on television sets were screwed.

Nothing like watching the buff game on a laptop.
Or an iPhone (using safari because the cbssports app couldn’t figure out how to stream the Buffs game) being AirPlayed through Apple TV and having to keep rubbing my thumb on the screen so it wouldn’t go to sleep.

That's a play that loses a game from the FSU wideout. High level NFL type throw from Francois there that should have been a touchdown.

Responding to your comment re: watching on a laptop.

Indeed.

Yes, it was possible to stream the game from the very beginning. :cool:

Yes, it sucks when CBSSN prioritized the Syracuse 4Q mop-up over the RMS, just as it sucked when FS1 finished broadcasting the end of some stupid truck race over a CU game last season.

By scheduling a Friday night game of Labor Day Weekend, the concept is to get as many eyeballs on the Buffs as possible.

Sure die hard CU fans were scrambling for the stream, as was evident in the chat. And sure you were able to do a workaround on the fly.

But the casual fan was robbed of the ralphie run, the pregame hype, and Montez’s brilliant opening drives.

CU and the P12 Conference were done no favors by CBSSN, even amidst your living room technology humblebrag.

Indeed.

Yes, it was possible to stream the game from the very beginning. :cool:

Yes, it sucks when CBSSN prioritized the Syracuse 4Q mop-up over the RMS, just as it sucked when FS1 finished broadcasting the end of some stupid truck race over a CU game last season.

By scheduling a Friday night game of Labor Day Weekend, the concept is to get as many eyeballs on the Buffs as possible.

Sure die hard CU fans were scrambling for the stream, as was evident in the chat. And sure you were able to do a workaround on the fly.

But the casual fan was robbed of the ralphie run, the pregame hype, and Montez’s brilliant opening drives.

CU and the P12 Conference were done no favors by CBSSN, even amidst your living room technology humblebrag.
I'm not disagreeing with any of your points, just pointing out they did offer a stream. They should allow for extended game times, especially.

I'm not disagreeing with any of your points, just pointing out they did offer a stream. They should allow for extended game times, especially.
I streamed the beginning. The app had no idea where the game was, but I finally got it on my phone just after kickoff, then casted it to my tv.

BuffsTV just posted the full in-stadium feed of the game with Mark Johnson's call, so now you can watch the first two drives. Audio is weird in the beginning but then it gets in sync.

Thanks for that. A few new comments:
1) Viska lined up at 5 different positions in the first series. GB said the point is to get him isolated on a LB as much as possible.
2) The Rams double teamed Winfree most of the night. The first play they didn’t was the fly pattern to Nixon for the Buffs second TD against a Cover 1. It also appeared to be check to play, just like the Winfree back shoulder TD.
3) Not to leave defense out of it, the Rams game plan appeared to be to run right at us. The Buffs more than held up especially early. Around the middle of the game, the commentator said after a CSU inside run “I know you want to keep the defense honest, but you are now just wasting plays with a 1.6 yards per carry average.”

There is so much goodness in those three statements, I may now go throw my back out in my lingering excitement during my morning workout starting momentarily.

Edited for the 3rd point.

Last edited:
Back