What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread -- CU vs Ped State

"Didn't let poor offense effect defense. We are mentally tough. We got to the line because we attacked. Harder than it needed to be but it was good for us."

"My philosophy came from Larry Brown." "Dom was great tonight. Has a tough matchup tomorrow."

All paraphrased.

We had a higher 3 pt percentage than from the field and 7 fewer FG's than PSU.

At least 1/7 from 3 to start. Finished 7/16. If you had told me at halftime we'd score 46 including 6/9 from deep and 2 turnovers, I would have said we win double digits. Weird game

Any win is a good win, I suppose. SMU looked long and athletic in beating up Kent State... CU's gonna need a much better effort than tonight to win this tourney. Should also be spirited tomorrow night as SMU had a lot of noisy fans and CU's fans drowned out a decent Penn State contingent. The good news is nobody except Scott (and Fortune for a small, awesome stretch) played well and Penn State played a good zone defense most of the night. With a solid effort, we can win this thing!

Any win is a good win, I suppose. SMU looked long and athletic in beating up Kent State... CU's gonna need a much better effort than tonight to win this tourney. Should also be spirited tomorrow night as SMU had a lot of noisy fans and CU's fans drowned out a decent Penn State contingent. The good news is nobody except Scott (and Fortune for a small, awesome stretch) played well and Penn State played a good zone defense most of the night. With a solid effort, we can win this thing!

Surprised that SMU has good support.

Regarding tonight, I just tell myself we beat a Big 10 team away from home. Sounds much better when phrased this way :D

Ever since I enrolled at CU, I have been waiting for bragging rights over Penn State to annoy my friends with. It took 24 years for us to play PSU in a single game. We were supposed to play them in football a few years ago.... Glad that got cancelled.

All I had was an argument that our 94 football team was better than theirs.....

YOU CANNOT ALMOST BLOW A MOTHER ****ING GAME AFTER HAVING A 9 POINT LEAD WITH 2:30 TO PLAY!
I've seen good teams blow a nine point lead with 15 seconds to play.

2:30? That's forever in basketball, especially since the 3 pointer was added.

So, DBT, how many style points did they lose on this "W"? W-L column on ESPN still says their record is 11-1.

As Calipari says: you win and you learn.

I love tonight's game.

1st half proved to the team what Tad has been saying about his system being designed so that they can still win even if they have a bad shooting night. They rebounded and played defense, so they were tied at half.

The end of the game is also very teachable. There is a lot to work on from that stretch in crunch time, but they won so it's not a confidence killer just a learning experience.

They'll play better tomorrow.

P.S. Why is Wilke so damn worried about next year without J40? Can we ****ing enjoy this season, please? He brought this up at least 3 times tonight.

NO! According to DBT anyway. Guess he fills up his Depends over games like this!

I believe it was Nik who pointed this out before, but people need to get over the final margin. This isn't football. It is so much easier to score in basketball and the end game strategy is just so much different. Buffs got the win. Enjoy it.

So pumped for the game tonight. Already beat SMU this season in a scrimmage so I am hoping the boys come out confident and really take it to the mustangs.

Yeah the time of cubuffs.com is wrong. It's 8:30 MT tonight according to the guide on Comcast. Better for the team for sure

Short term its hard not to get worked up over a game like last night when it seems like they had it under control. Happens all the time and my blood pressure has risen because of it more times than I rememeber, but come March all the committee will care about is the W next the CU's name.

I've seen good teams blow a nine point lead with 15 seconds to play.

2:30? That's forever in basketball, especially since the 3 pointer was added.

So, DBT, how many style points did they lose on this "W"? W-L column on ESPN still says their record is 11-1.

I know it's festivus and all, but jeez let's lighten up on the grievances.

Short term its hard not to get worked up over a game like last night when it seems like they had it under control. Happens all the time and my blood pressure has risen because of it more times than I rememeber, but come March all the committee will care about is the W next the CU's name.

In Tad's early years we also had a habit of doing what we did last night. It seems fans have forgotten about it, likely because we were such a train wreck last year that we had very few leads to piss away in the final minute. Not a big deal if it happens once, but nearly choking away a 9 point lead in 2 minutes against that opposition was poor.

In Tad's early years we also had a habit of doing what we did last night. It seems fans have forgotten about it, likely because we were such a train wreck last year that we had very few leads to piss away in the final minute. Not a big deal if it happens once, but nearly choking away a 9 point lead in 2 minutes against that opposition was poor.

We've also done this to a few teams, it happens often in basketball, but it is ok to get upset about how it happens. Since none of us were watching we don't know if it was truly the Lions just dropping hail marry 3s, or if we gave them too many easy buckets. It sounds like we did almost blow it with a near turnover by Dom though, that King luckily swooped up and then hit two FTs.

Thanks DBT and Shoulder for the play by play and Cville and buffnik for the color. Was in the mountains and couldn't even get the iHeart feed, but was able to get allbuffs intermittently.

One thing that jumps out in the boxscore that has been great all season is interior defense. Josh and Wes had 14 boards, 7 blocks, and only committed 2 fouls. Those two are so fundamentally sound defensively. For the season, 195 rb, 54 blk, and only 42 pfs for those two.

YOU CANNOT ALMOST BLOW A MOTHER ****ING GAME AFTER HAVING A 9 POINT LEAD WITH 2:30 TO PLAY!
I remember this one (too young to personally see it, but saw it in a highlight later). Eight points down, 17 seconds, before the 3 pt shot was introduced:

With our inbounding woes I could see this happening to us. :(

I'm gonna UBL UBL here, but I think it was a throwback style to commemorate an age when media didn't permit viewing sporting events.
I assumed he had just tucked some ones on a stripper dressed as a flapper girl.

Back