What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*Official Game Thread -- Week 1 vs CSU

Good interception by Chido, but smarter play on 4th down would have been to just bat the ball down , and take the turnover on downs at the line of scrimmage. Lost yardage on the return, where he didn't make it back to the line of scrimmage.
If the yardage mattered, I'd agree with you. But in this situation, happy to take the stat.

Time to let Montez have a couple series, and then let Gehrke finish it off. No sense in risking injury to Sefo or Montez.

Rammies, go home with your tails between your legs and then come out fighting the rest of the season. I honestly hope you guys do well the rest of the year, because we want this game to be looked at as a quality win when it's all said and done, and not just a meaningless blowout of a crap team.
No to Gehrke, just needed to get more reps for Montez.

Last edited:
Don't mean to sound negative but rewatching the game that initial fumble by Sefo REALLY pisses me off! Haha.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Laguda, Gamboa, and Olugbode all really impressed me today.

Yep. I also thought that the guards played well. No pressure up the middle and a lot of the good runs were off Center. That was a big question mark I had and they started to answer it.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Laguda, Gamboa, and Olugbode all really impressed me today.
All played well, some what shocked by the lack o sacks, 1 maybe 2???? Have not looked at the stats.

That could be due to Bobo conceding the loss and running the ball. The picks were the result of pressures but just could not get there quick enough for the sack.

Yep. I also thought that the guards played well. No pressure up the middle and a lot of the good runs were off Center. That was a big question mark I had and they started to answer it.
Lynott made a good first impression. Not bad for a redshirt freshman.

Diego perfect of FGs and PATs and KO through the endzone. Best night of kicking in forever.

Downfield blocking by wide outs meant YAC. Love the WRs. Bobo's one handed catch deserved the ESPN top 10.

Leavitt's D is nasty, dialed in, and made for TOs, sacks, and three and outs.

So much to like. So much to love.

Best win over CSU that I can remember. Clowned them and dropped the mic.

Took care of bizness, build on it and get better. If we didn't get sloppy at times, we probably put up close to or 60. Ill take 44-7 anytime though, good job fellas. Chido was the best player on the field tonight imho. He can ball.

UTSA is even worse than CSU apparently. Add in a token Northern Colorado win and a horrendous MWC and there's a chance that's a 6-6 "bowl team" we just knocked the **** out of in every way imaginable, although I struggle to find more than 4-5 wins for them (perhaps Wyo, New Mexico and UNLV). Not sure they're capable of beating anyone else.

I didn't think I could be surprised by Chido, but I think he took his game to even another level. Easily the best defensive player for CU since Dizon, no?

By the end of the season, I think we may have to look past the turn of the century to find a better player, probably a Butkus or Thorpe winner.

Am I going overboard here?

I didn't think I could be surprised by Chido, but I think he took his game to even another level. Easily the best defensive player for CU since Dizon, no?

By the end of the season, I think we may have to look past the turn of the century to find a better player, probably a Butkus or Thorpe winner.

Am I going overboard here?

Probably. He's one hell of a player, though. :D

What a complete ass whooping that was. So much fun singing the CU fight song to the neighbors while they were holed up in their house. ****ers.

Back