What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official "I'm off the bandwagon" thread

Say we do hold onto Mac. If I'm RG, I'd make him make some changes or say there is the door. Pretty sure y'all know the ones I'm talking about.

Yeah, I don't know why getting beat every game by 35+ points like they were in the Embree era would have anything to do with attendance the following few years.

It's always somebody elses fault, right? Certainly not the 1-20 in conference record. Come on, man. Embree had 3 wins conf wins to MacIntyre's 1.

It's always somebody elses fault, right? Certainly not the 1-20 in conference record. Come on, man. Embree had 3 wins conf wins to MacIntyre's 1.
Many fans stayed "committed" and kept showing up for games at the start of the Embree era because it was "getting the band back together" and something completely new from the **** show of the Hawkins era. After watching FCS losses, blowouts by 50 to MWC teams, and almost every Pac 12 game during his era end in a loss by 35+, that same "commitment" wasn't carried over to the MM era.

I'm not saying that MM isn't responsible for any of the attendance drop, but it has plenty to do with the ongoing a of the program before he got here.

Btw, 2 more conference wins should never fool anyone into believing that Embree was a better coach than MM, or that there was a better brand of football being played in 2011 and 2012 than 2013-present.

No rational person thinks Embree is a better coach or that 2012 was a better brand of football. The question is if MacIntyre is the right coach to take the next step.
I'm just tired of hearing that CU is not a better team under MM, simply because it hasn't shown up in the W/L column. It shows a complete lack of understanding of how low this program was under Jon Embree.

I'm just tired of hearing that CU is not a better team under MM, simply because it hasn't shown up in the W/L column. It shows a complete lack of understanding of how low this program was under Jon Embree.
And I'm tired of using Embree or Hawkins as a measuring stick when the better metric involves comparing MacIntyre to other P12 coaches.

Tell me, @TSchekler, where does MacIntyre stack up against Rich Rod, Mora, Whittingham, Graham, and the coaches in the North?

And I'm tired of using Embree or Hawkins as a measuring stick when the better metric involves comparing MacIntyre to other P12 coaches.

Tell me, @TSchekler, where does MacIntyre stack up against Rich Rod, Mora, Whittingham, Graham, and the coaches in the North?
Obviously not good, and I've never said otherwise. Those are two different conversations though. I was simply responding to someone comparing Embree's conference record to MM's.

Obviously not good, and I've never said otherwise. Those are two different conversations though. I was simply responding to someone comparing Embree's conference record to MM's.

It would be AWESOME if the 2015 Buffs were in a conference with the 2004-2014 Buffs. This is the team that would be contending for the Mental Mastetbation 12 (MM12) Conf Championship.

Still at the cellar of the P12, though. :(

For how embarrassing Embree's teams were they still have more tangible results in conference play than MM's. Regardless of the eye test and number of close games, that simple fact convinces me MM cannot possibly be "the man".

No rational person thinks Embree is a better coach or that 2012 was a better brand of football. The question is if MacIntyre is the right coach to take the next step.

I like you much better when you are not snarkey. You have some great things to say but your cynicism takes away from your perceived knowledge.

We need to factor moral victories into w/l records, eh Shecky?
Of course not, and you're misconstruing what I'm saying. People keep telling me that Embree had more success because he won 2 more conference games, and I'm simply saying that MM's teams are infinitely more competitive than Embree's. Whether or not MM can actually get us over the hump this year or next, remains to be seen.

runaway-red-wagon.gif
' Tini really has gained a lot of mass!

Of course not, and you're misconstruing what I'm saying. People keep telling me that Embree had more success because he won 2 more conference games, and I'm simply saying that MM's teams are infinitely more competitive than Embree's. Whether or not MM can actually get us over the hump this year or next, remains to be seen.

Please stop bringing up Embree and just let it go. This is MM's program now.

Yeah but he also lost to an FCS team which really negates that win. And didnt pirate mike hand him one of those wins?

Yeah, I don't know why getting beat every game by 35+ points like they were in the Embree era would have anything to do with attendance the following few years.

I don't want to be an Embree apologist because I did not like the hire but you cannot compare era's. Hawkins really left the cupboard bare and he created a culture that football was not important. The 2012 season was bad but look at the scores in MacIntyre's first season - pretty comparable to Embree's - 44-17, 57-16, 54-13, 44-20 are some example scores). The point is the team is no longer full of freshmen and sophomores across the board so expectations need to be a little different and how the 2012 team did should have little bearing on the evaluation of MacIntyre's coaching.

I don't want to be an Embree apologist because I did not like the hire but you cannot compare era's. Hawkins really left the cupboard bare and he created a culture that football was not important. The 2012 season was bad but look at the scores in MacIntyre's first season - pretty comparable to Embree's - 44-17, 57-16, 54-13, 44-20 are some example scores). The point is the team is no longer full of freshmen and sophomores across the board so expectations need to be a little different and how the 2012 team did should have little bearing on the evaluation of MacIntyre's coaching.
Hawkins didn't leave the cupboard bare of talent for Embree, but we don't need to get into that. The difference was that, Embree went from bad to the worst we've ever seen in his 2nd year. It was clear as day that Embree didn't have even the slightest experience of being in charge of any program, let alone a P5 program. At least we have seen a noticeable increase in the level of competitiveness in each season.

And again, I'm not using Embree as the measuring stick to evaluate MM going forward. It started with someone putting all the blame on this regime for the attendance numbers, and I just think it clearly goes a little further than this staff's record.

Hawkins didn't leave the cupboard bare of talent for Embree, but we don't need to get into that. The difference was that, Embree went from bad to the worst we've ever seen in his 2nd year. It was clear as day that Embree didn't have even the slightest experience of being in charge of any program, let alone a P5 program. At least we have seen a noticeable increase in the level of competitiveness in each season.

And again, I'm not using Embree as the measuring stick to evaluate MM going forward. It started with someone putting all the blame on this regime for the attendance numbers, and I just think it clearly goes a little further than this staff's record.

No defensive backs and no QBs. We were playing WRs at db and Yuri Wright was starting...of course you don't want to get into it because you are wrong...the one bright spot was PRich but he was out for 2012.

No defensive backs and no QBs. We were playing WRs at db and Yuri Wright was starting...of course you don't want to get into it because you are wrong...the one bright spot was PRich but he was out for 2012.
In 2011, Embree had Hansen, Speedy, Toney Clemons, PRich, Ryan Miller, Jared Bell, Parker Orms, Jon Major, Uzo-Diribe, Derrick Webb, Doug Rippy, Will Pericak, Ray Polk, Nick Kasa... and he was boat raced in just about ever game (even losing to Hawaii... weird). And not every one of those players was a Senior in 2011.

I also find it funny that you're speaking about the cupboards being bare for Embree because of no QB or DBs, yet you fail to point out the QB situation we are currently in as well as the defensive front seven. Why you're trying to apologize for Jon Embree is beyond me.

In 2011, Embree had Hansen, Speedy, Toney Clemons, PRich, Ryan Miller, Jared Bell, Parker Orms, Jon Major, Uzo-Diribe, Derrick Webb, Doug Rippy, Will Pericak, Ray Polk, Nick Kasa... and he was boat raced in just about ever game (even losing to Hawaii... weird). And not every one of those players was a Senior in 2011.

I also find it funny that you're speaking about the cupboards being bare for Embree because of no QB or DBs, yet you fail to point out the QB situation we are currently in as well as the defensive front seven. Why you're trying to apologize for Jon Embree is beyond me.
Cut that list in half as only half of them got a cup of coffee or more in the NFL, the others were just our next line of players and they were better than what was under them. That doesn't full the cup board. I will say Embree left more talent for Mac but a worse overall culture, not that the talent is/were world beaters.

Back