What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Michigan State/Mel Tucker Hate Thread

Call it racism or whatever, but I don’t see any boosters in the SEC or the southern ACC funding a Prime hire.
Don’t kid yourself, winning is everything and it not 1969. The issue is will any ad and/or boosters allow him to have free rein like he does here.

Is it time to talk about Covid on this thread?
pistol-pistol-whip.gif

One thing I do know is that "Let's get Dion!" will be in every Coaching Hot Board comment section for every school from idiot fans for as long as Deion Sanders is coaching football.
Every school in the country with an opening will absolutely be looking at Prime but I don't think Prime is going to even give most of them a second thought.

Money is important but I don't think it is the deciding point for Prime. He wants to be respected but he also wants to be someplace where he can run the program how he wants, he wants his priorities supported.

Very few schools are willing to give a coach that kind of support.

I think it matters to him a lot that CU hired 3 straight Black coaches. It matters that he can bring kids in and they see less discrimination that what happened the other night at Alabama (sadly their is racism everywhere but differences in how much and how it is reacted to.)

I could see Arkansas, maybe South Carolina, Miami, Georgia Tech.
I could see Miami and Georgia Tech maybe. I don’t think Miami is getting rid of Cristobal anytime soon. I also don’t think Georgia Tech is a better option than CU.

With CU in the Big 12, he will have a fairly easy path to the CFB playoffs. As long as the CU administration doesn’t screw this up and they figure out a way to make Prime the highest paid coach in CFB, my guess is that he stays here for quite some time.

I saw some dude predicting that MSU will make a run at Prime, which I'm sure they'll send feelers out. I have a feeling RG won't be taken off guard by them again.

I also saw a dude predict that A&M is going to buyout Jimbo AND lure Mike Norvell (cause FSU's going to let A&M poach their coach twice), and FSU will come after Prime.

3 things with that scenario: 1. I don't think even A&M has the money to pay off $90 million or whatever it is for Jimbo, buy out Norvell's contract at FSU, and put together an enticing package for him. 2. FSU is going to see A&M coming this time and up the ante. 3. Even if all that comes true, I don't think Norvell looks at College Station and A&M's place in the SEC West and says, yeah, that seems better than my situation here.
FSU was happy that aggy "stole" Jimbo. That hire saved them the 40 million buyout they were going to pay to fire his ass.

I could see Miami and Georgia Tech maybe. I don’t think Miami is getting rid of Cristobal anytime soon. I also don’t think Georgia Tech is a better option than CU.

With CU in the Big 12, he will have a fairly easy path to the CFB playoffs. As long as the CU administration doesn’t screw this up and they figure out a way to make Prime the highest paid coach in CFB, my guess is that he stays here for quite some time.
Just to clarify, I wasn’t stating where I think he’ll go, just which of those southern teams would welcome him.

Just to clarify, I wasn’t stating where I think he’ll go, just which of those southern teams would welcome him.
Roger that.
Bottom line is that Prime will be at CU for a while because I don’t think that the schools that would want him, would be a better fit than CU.
(Provided that CU makes him the highest paid coach in CFB)

Edit:correction. She did not leak it herself

“Brenda Tracy informed a USA TODAY reporter about the case in May 2023. Tracy had known the reporter since 2017 from his previous coverage of sexual misconduct in sports and disclosed details of the case confidentially.

In late June, Tracy agreed to give USA TODAY exclusive access to the case file to write a story, on the condition that the news organization wait until the case ended to publish it. Letting the process run its course was important to her, she said. But given the case's high-profile nature and the school’s history of mishandling sexual misconduct cases, she said she wanted a back-up plan in case details became public sooner. “

Last edited:
In regards to the question of who leaked it, Tracy did.

“Brenda Tracy informed a USA TODAY reporter about the case in May 2023. Tracy had known the reporter since 2017 from his previous coverage of sexual misconduct in sports and disclosed details of the case confidentially.

In late June, Tracy agreed to give USA TODAY exclusive access to the case file to write a story, on the condition that the news organization wait until the case ended to publish it. Letting the process run its course was important to her, she said. But given the case's high-profile nature and the school’s history of mishandling sexual misconduct cases, she said she wanted a back-up plan in case details became public sooner. “

Hmmm. Read that again. She made a deal to keep it private until after three process was over. Then something changed

Hmmm. Read that again. She made a deal to keep it private until after three process was over. Then something changed
Hmm. I see that now.

"In early September, USA TODAY Network reporters in Michigan heard Tracy’s name and specific details about the case mentioned in connection with the rumors. They shared the information to USA TODAY without identifying their sources, and USA TODAY relayed the information to Tracy.

Believing someone at Michigan State had leaked her name, Tracy gave USA TODAY consent to publish the story on Sept. 10."

She told USA Today. USA Today then leaked it, so that they could publish within 24 hours and profit. Pretty simple imo

Back