What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Michigan State/Mel Tucker Hate Thread

Probably a way around it but someone posted that Ishbia can’t donate due to owning a professional sports franchise. Is that true?
Jimmy haslem is Tennessees sugar daddy.

Thats All Love GIF by Five Guys A Week

Probably a way around it but someone posted that Ishbia can’t donate due to owning a professional sports franchise. Is that true?
i believe he was discouraged from donating to the NIL fund because of a conflict of interest now as an NBA owner (basically donating to potential future NBA players). I don't think anything prevents him from donating to the AD in general

Roger that.
Bottom line is that Prime will be at CU for a while because I don’t think that the schools that would want him, would be a better fit than CU.
(Provided that CU makes him the highest paid coach in CFB)
The more I hear Coach Prime talk, the more I believe that he appreciates the way he has been welcomed at CU (and he is here, in part, because he respects the way CU and RG have welcomed/hired black head coaches). I don't think Coach Prime is a hypocrite. He has very firmly held beliefs and a core ethic/morality. He also openly admits that he is very much a person who loves being needed.

I just don't see money being the factor for Prime that it was for MT. In fact, building CU into a national brand from (literally) dead worst has a power and cache that he would not get elsewhere.

I'm more and more optimistic with each passing week.

Last edited:
The more I hear Coach Prime talk, the more I believe that he appreciates the way he has been welcomed at CU (and he is here, in part, because he respects the way CU and RG have welcomed/hired black head coaches). I don't think Coach Prime is a hypocrite. He has very firmly held beliefs and a core ethic/morality. He also openly admits that he is very much a person who loves being needed.

I just don't see money being the factor for Prime that it was for MT. In fact, building CU into a national brand from (literally) dead worst has a power and cache that he would not get elsewhere.

I'm more and more optimistic with each passing week.
I think he just loves the colors Gold and Black, everything he has looks so damn on brand

I do like that gif.

There were a couple ways this could go. One was firing for cause. Another would be where they have a meeting and tell him to walk and come up with a dollar amount agreed upon.

Given that he caused waves with a vendor that could plausibly end with a t9v, I can see why they went this route.

Suing the school is a subsequent move he may entertain. He has made indications that will be his next move.

But to say the school “can’t” fire for cause is just silly. I think most mean that they won’t get away with it. That is another can of worms.

I do like that gif.

There were a couple ways this could go. One was firing for cause. Another would be where they have a meeting and tell him to walk and come up with a dollar amount agreed upon.

Given that he caused waves with a vendor that could plausibly end with a t9v, I can see why they went this route.

Suing the school is a subsequent move he may entertain. He has made indications that will be his next move.

But to say the school “can’t” fire for cause is just silly. I think most mean that they won’t get away with it. That is another can of worms.

I think your take is silly. Contracts have 2 or more parties. One party is rarely allowed the discretion to say what the terms of the agreement mean--that's what courts are for. It was always obvious that MSU was going to say the firing was "for cause," because any other action made them contractually liable for the $70+ million. Them saying it doesn't make it true. It's exactly the situation Michael Scott was in--he can say that he's declaring bankruptcy, but it means nothing until a court grants him bankruptcy.

I'm pretty sure that MSU and Tugger will settle this case for an 8-figure payout and that the settlement agreement will state that he was not fired for cause. When that happens, I will not return here and post clown gifs--because I understand that it's foolish for someone to ascribe some moral dimension to decisions made by entities like MSU and Tugger.

Last edited:
I think your take is silly. Contracts have 2 or more parties. One party is rarely allowed the discretion to say what the terms of the agreement mean--that's what courts are for. It was always obvious that MSU was going to say the firing was "for cause," because any other action made them contractually liable for the $70+ million. Them saying it doesn't make it true. It's exactly the situation Michael Scott was in--he can say that he's declaring bankruptcy, but it means nothing until a court grants him bankruptcy.

I'm pretty sure that MSU and Tugger will settle this case for an 8-figure payout and that the settlement agreement will state that he was not fired for cause. When that happens, I will not return here and post clown gifs--because I understand that it's foolish for someone to ascribe some moral dimension to decisions made by entities like MSU and Tugger.
Just because you say it doesn’t make it true!!

Yes, but the only path forward to bankruptcy is through a court of law. Whereas MSU is actually allowed to hire and fire without having to ask permission from a court of law first.

I find it interesting that you are trying to compare apples and oranges here.

You may be right about the outcome after a court is made to intervene byway of a lawsuit. However, for every person who thinks that is another who thinks otherwise.

You are really bothered by the clown, huh?

Yes, but the only path forward to bankruptcy is through a court of law. Whereas MSU is actually allowed to hire and fire without having to ask permission from a court of law first.

I find it interesting that you are trying to compare apples and oranges here.

You may be right about the outcome after a court is made to intervene byway of a lawsuit. However, for every person who thinks that is another who thinks otherwise.

You are really bothered by the clown, huh?

No, I'm not bothered at all. It just seems that you ignore most of what I post. Yes, of course MSU is allowed to hire and fire without having to ask permission from a court. (See my post here) The question was never "can MSU fire Tugger?" It was, "can MSU fire Tugger without paying him for the rest of his contract?" I mean, we fired Karl Dorrell, who certainly never violated any conduct clause.

It's odd that you find it important that MSU (a morally questionable entity) said that Tugger could be fired "for cause." Do you think that this grants some sort of vindication to the complainant? That MSU somehow found in her favor? That's not what's going on here. What MSU did was simply open negotiations on Tugger's buyout by claiming they owe him nothing. Much like almost every criminal defendant in the country who pleads not guilty at arraignments, but then pleads guilty later on. It's nothing more than a legal requirement before a case really begins.

MvCann has written a legal analysis with options. He’s very good on sports legal issues.

“We attempted to terminate with cause, but settling with Mr. Tucker avoids a difficult court battle and allows all parties to move forward, including Ms. Tracey with whom we have the utmost respect. We look forward to the direction for our football team under Coach [X].” - Michigan State University, probably sometime in the future

“We attempted to terminate with cause, but settling with Mr. Tucker avoids a difficult court battle and allows all parties to move forward, including Ms. Tracey with whom we have the utmost respect. We look forward to the direction for our football team under Coach [X].” - Michigan State University, probably sometime in the future
Karl Dorrell is now going by Coach [X]?

I guess that makes sense, given his reputation.

Back