What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Pac-12 Championship Buffs vs. Washington Score Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colorado State, Idaho State and yes michigan. 1 game better schedule and yes I watched the Michigan game -- you were outscored 38-7 in the final 3 quarters. The point is yes, it was a stronger schedule by 1 game and yes, you lost that game handily.
You didn't watch that game against the Wolverines then. The game was way closer than the score. Buffs handed Michigan that game through special teams errors and Sefo getting hurt. Prior to that, we were dominating them.

I have watched games and have seen your QB, even in HS. Stats are great but if you want to understand my basis, look at how the huskies have fared against opponents when we were able to shut down the run game. Rule out SC who has a good QB and the Arizona game which was simply a bad game for us all around. You will get behind, you won't be able to run and you'll have to rely on a passing offense...again throwing into a secondary with 3 players who are likely to be drafted in the NFL and one player who was freshman defender of the year. Simply put, it's a bad matchup for you guys.

When you played a great defense like Stanford, look at your score. Look at what we did to stanford ( again, shut down their running game and forced them to throw ).

Mcaffery and Freeman both took multiple weeks to return to form after they played against our defense. It's about the matchup.
you are showing a fundamental failure to grasp vital facts. Some of those facts:
1. You played Stanford when they were missing most of their starting secondary. We played their healthy defense and put up good numbers despite some serious self inflicted red zone and kicking issues that day.
2. We held a fully healthy stanford, at stanford, to less points (they only scored 3) than you did.
3. We passed just fine on Michigan. Michigan's D > UW's D.
4. Congrats on seeing Sefo in HS. That doesn't excuse or explain your strange belief he's not a good QB. Sefo may be no Cade Apsay, but he's a good QB.
5. We lost to USC by less points than you did. With a backup QB playing. At USC. USC punked you in your house.

Now, a few other points for you:
6. Ruling out a result because they have a good QB is really dumb.
7. Ruling out a game because you played bad is stupid. Arbitrarily throwing out bad evidence when evaluating the totality of the circumstances leads to bad analysis.

Colorado State, Idaho State and yes michigan. 1 game better schedule and yes I watched the Michigan game -- you were outscored 38-7 in the final 3 quarters. The point is yes, it was a stronger schedule by 1 game and yes, you lost that game handily.
Please continue to think as you do and have your team think the same way. Colorado is just the same as the previous years. Nothing to worry about here.

I have watched games and have seen your QB, even in HS. Stats are great but if you want to understand my basis, look at how the huskies have fared against opponents when we were able to shut down the run game. Rule out SC who has a good QB and the Arizona game which was simply a bad game for us all around. You will get behind, you won't be able to run and you'll have to rely on a passing offense...again throwing into a secondary with 3 players who are likely to be drafted in the NFL and one player who was freshman defender of the year. Simply put, it's a bad matchup for you guys.

When you played a great defense like Stanford, look at your score. Look at what we did to stanford ( again, shut down their running game and forced them to throw ).

Mcaffery and Freeman both took multiple weeks to return to form after they played against our defense. It's about the matchup.
Thanks for your response. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

I'd point out that you played Stanford without McCaffrey and without their two starting corners. We certainly struggled offensively at Palo Alto (really, we struggled to convert in the red zone), but we shut them down (at least score-wise) even more than you did. I see you've adopted the convenient "took time to return to form" narrative which suits your world view.

Do you have any respect that our defense can contain UW's offense, to some degree?

Strange to me, because I actually think we match up well against UW. We will stop the run and force Browning to pass. He's a great QB, but he is no Falk, who the Buffs successfully contained.

As for rushing... well, we had a bad week last week, but I expect Lindgreen and Chev to solve that problem this week. Remember, CU blew up ASU, who had the top-rated rush defense at the time

Strange to me, because I actually think we match up well against UW. We will stop the run and force Browning to pass. He's a great QB, but he is no Falk, who the Buffs successfully contained.

As for rushing... well, we had a bad week last week, but I expect Lindgreen and Chev to solve that problem this week. Remember, CU blew up ASU, who had the top-rated rush defense at the time

The key to rushing to football is to actually make an effort from the beginning of the game. I am still not really buying the argument that came out of the Utah game that there was no other way to attack them offensively and we just had to let Sefo pass the ball 40+ times. Need to feed the ball to Lindsay early and often this week.

The key to rushing to football is to actually make an effort from the beginning of the game. I am still not really buying the argument that came out of the Utah game that there was no other way to attack them offensively and we just had to let Sefo pass the ball 40+ times. Need to feed the ball to Lindsay early and often this week.

I agree. It was obviously a coaching blunder to me. They refused to attack the middle of the defense out of fear. They tried to pick at the edges, and it didn't work. However, late in the game when we needed to burn clock in the 4th, they did let Phil hit the middle a few times, and we were pretty successful.

I hope we have a variety of runs, like we normally do, that focus on establishing Lindsay. Everything else can key off that, include the zone option, the straight option, and the passing game.

Also, UW will play us straight up on D. Utah put 8 or 9 in the box all game. We'll run just fine in Friday.

Agreed. I think UW will come out with the same game plan Utah did. Dare us to pass and put their corners on an island. It will probably work since UW has better corners. We need to match up, go big and tight, and run the damn ball if they do. Their DL isn't as good as Utah's... we gotta see if we can dominate the LOS.

Heard it mentioned that Utah was in a 5-3 bear D with safeties pressing toward the line. Expect more of this from the pups. Make Sefo win it with his arm which is obviously the best way to beat us.

The more Husky1992 posts, the more confidence I gain in CU pulling this out.

The teams our defense struggle with are the ones with great OLs and TEs. Washington has neither. In fact, their OL is a complete liability and their TE has 16 receptions for 290 yards and 2 TDs. Not worried about their TE. Not worried about their RBs and their "2 different styles". Not worried about Browning. Dude was on a tear against vastly inferior competition and as soon as he faced good defenses, he came crashing down to earth. He is the 3rd best QB in the Pac 12 and CU has already fared well against the top 2.

Love how we should just discount UW's games against USC at home "because they have a good QB" and Arizona on the road because, "we played bad". So I guess we can just discount the CU games against Michigan because our starting QB got hurt on the first series of the 2nd half? What about the SC game because it was on the road, with our back up QB playing and because they have a good QB?

The more Husky1992 posts, the more confidence I gain in CU pulling this out.

The teams our defense struggle with are the ones with great OLs and TEs. Washington has neither. In fact, their OL is a complete liability and their TE has 16 receptions for 290 yards and 2 TDs. Not worried about their TE. Not worried about their RBs and their "2 different styles". Not worried about Browning. Dude was on a tear against vastly inferior competition and as soon as he faced good defenses, he came crashing down to earth. He is the 3rd best QB in the Pac 12 and CU has already fared well against the top 2.

Love how we should just discount UW's games against USC at home "because they have a good QB" and Arizona on the road because, "we played bad". So I guess we can just discount the CU games against Michigan because our starting QB got hurt on the first series of the 2nd half? What about the SC game because it was on the road, with our back up QB playing and because they have a good QB?
We all tend to be parochial as fans, and find evidence and rationalizations to support our team's excellence, while dismissing evidence that supports our opponent.

It's just that you're more likely to be held for your perception on an opposing fan base's chat site. That's why I don't visit opposing site's--I'm avoiding accountability.

There is a big talent disparity here... Two solid running backs with different styles, 3 stud WRs, 2 with elite speed, great special teams and a defense that causes opposing teams to not want to get hit anymore. Your QB will get pounded when he tries to run...

This is the best Husky team since the early 90s. Your team is good but we have much better athletes across the board and we will shut down the run and make your QB throw....to our secondary that has 3 NFL players in it right now....

Where we are vulnerable....mobile QBs, throwing to TEs.

41-13 dawgs. Probably close at half.

I also hope the Husky team is thinking this way, they will waltz into the game with their 'superior' athletes and come away with an easy victory. Sure on paper Huskies 'should' win but we know that doesn't account for intangibles. When you look at season stats the teams are quite close. I would give the edge to UW on ST (duh), slightly on the lines, slightly at RB, and QB (if passing). CU needs to play solid out the gate, if it's close at half watch out. I could only see a UW blowout if the Buffs come out and make a ton of mistakes early.

I'm starting to get the feeling this is one of those games where people will go in expecting UW to roll and then as Colorado starts winning or staying even, people will finally be realizing that Colorado is actually very good.

If the Buffs had played Rutgers and Washington had played at Michigan, we'd be the 11-1 team and they'd be the 10-2 team. I really don't think there is a lot separating these teams. The Buffs have had a few more games where one or two phases of the game weren't quite clicking. If they are firing on all cylinders, I think they win. Defense wins championships and I love this defense.

Buffs 31
Huskies 23
Unlikely Sefo gets hurt at Rutgers. Which means the Buffs would be 12-0 and the second lock team along with Alabama.

Let that percolate for a bit.

The thing is...who here would t play USC right now for all the marbles? We know we match up well with them and with Sefo we win st least 5-6 games in a best of ten. We know we are a very competitive team to them AT USC.

Now USC killed UW at Washington. But we play on a neutral field.

I think lots of people will learn the Buffs are for real this Friday night. In two nights. Two.

Dammit the clock is moving slow.

There is a big talent disparity here... Two solid running backs with different styles, 3 stud WRs, 2 with elite speed, great special teams and a defense that causes opposing teams to not want to get hit anymore. Your QB will get pounded when he tries to run...

This is the best Husky team since the early 90s. Your team is good but we have much better athletes across the board and we will shut down the run and make your QB throw....to our secondary that has 3 NFL players in it right now....

Your confidence in your team is high, but rest assured, you will suffer humiliation when the sports team from my area defeats the sports team from your area. 21-18 Buffs.

I'm giving the edge to Washington because they have an extra day of rest after playing finesse Wazzu, while we played a much more physical team in Utah. I think CU starts fast, possibly gets an early defensive TD (I called the Olugbode fumble-6 from the stands btw), but Washington gets a late special teams play that leads to the decisive score. I really detest their fanbase though, bunch of Bama Charlie's over there. Hope I'm wrong.

Buffs 23
Washington 27

Yep. We suck. Pro Football Focus rates our secondary as the best in the FBS. They use stupid stats and advanced metrics to rate players. Pishpaw. Our QB isn't mobile. He's just one of three QBs this year to throw for 300+ yds and rush for 100+ yds in the same game. The Huskies have had one of the easiest schedules in the FBS, but that doesn't matter because CU has one of the toughest. Colorado doesn't have coaches with more/better experience. Colorado's players aren't hungrier after being slighted for years. Nope. This one will be easy for the dawgs. No need to worry about the Buffs.

Yep. We suck. Pro Football Focus rates our secondary as the best in the FBS. They use stupid stats and advanced metrics to rate players. Pishpaw. Our QB isn't mobile. He's just one of three QBs this year to throw for 300+ yds and rush for 100+ yds in the same game. The Huskies have had one of the easiest schedules in the FBS, but that doesn't matter because CU has one of the toughest. Colorado doesn't have coaches with more/better experience. Colorado's players aren't hungrier after being slighted for years. Nope. This one will be easy for the dawgs. No need to worry about the Buffs.

I don't know why CU is even bothering to show up. Clearly this Washington team is the greatest assembly of talent and coaching in the history of college football. I just hope that the weeks after the game until the bowl is enough time for CU players to heal from the beating they'll take to their bodies and minds. Do they have a mercy rule in college football?

I don't know why CU is even bothering to show up. Clearly this Washington team is the greatest assembly of talent and coaching in the history of college football. I just hope that the weeks after the game until the bowl is enough time for CU players to heal from the beating they'll take to their bodies and minds. Do they have a mercy rule in college football?
Easy now. WSU started posting statements like this before our game (based on our confidence), and it didn't end well for them.
I fully expect a great game between very good teams. I'm assuming the football team from UW is not overlooking the Buffs.

Get this guy more kool-aid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back