What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Pac-12 Championship Game Thread

Come on.

I'm not saying he should be in the game, but his injury is the primary reason he's not playing well.

I swear, some of you folks must have been waiting all year to **** on Sefo.

Does it feel good?
If he's too hurt to be effective, he shouldn't be in there, period.

You always love to call me out when there plenty of negative posts on here, so yeah I'll go there, asshole. You said I posted inaccurate info. What did I post that was inaccurate?

Really? I don't get posters like you.

Again, what did I post that was untrue? I guess you don't want to mention it. If you actually look back at some of the basketball threads from the past, you'll see that I actually defended you at times. No more. That's definitely something inaccurate that you posted. Also, as I mentioned, I didn't call you names. You've now referred to me as a dbag and an asshole.

An apology is in order. Or do you just need a timeout?

Thats my question for the "extra" practices? Do you let the Montez era begin?
Sefo has earned respect. He had his first awful game of the year. But bowl games are about developing who is next. Lots of good seniors shouldn't start in the bowl game. Sefo is just one of many

Sefo has earned respect. He had his first awful game of the year. But bowl games are about developing who is next. Lots of good seniors shouldn't start in the bowl game. Sefo is just one of many
I'm not saying Sefo shouldnt start. I'm just asking if the extra practices everyone talks about makes a big difference if Sefo gets all the reps.

You always love to call me out when there plenty of negative posts on here, so yeah I'll go there, asshole. You said I posted inaccurate info. What did I post that was inaccurate?
Man. Come on. Just chill out. OK? This isn't the place for this ****.

Really? I don't get posters like you.

Again, what did I post that was untrue? I guess you don't want to mention it. If you actually look back at some of the basketball threads from the past, you'll see that I actually defended you at times. No more. That's definitely something inaccurate that you posted. Also, as I mentioned, I didn't call you names. You've now referred to me as a dbag and an asshole.

An apology is in order. Or do you just need a timeout?
An apology? Seriously, on a sports board? Do you want a participation trophy too?

If we want to win a bowl game then the coaches have to ask the hard questions. What brought out last years team tonight? Why, after a year of over coming did certain folks make diving instead of driving blocks? Why did we stop giving wr's chances deep? Why did the cu defense just give up the line of scrimmage on first down? If the why can't be answered then bowl will be equally as frustrating
Some on here will jump on me, but it's the truth.

Mac has a tendency to ride players like Sefo and Lindsay even though he has other guys on the bench who never play, or in this case a backup QB who looked light years better than Sefo tonight. Montez was the better option after the injury, but Mac continues to ride or die with him.

The thing that has irritated me more than anything this year as its gone on is Mac seems to forget we literally have a handful of running backs on the bench who never see the field. Adkins being in the doghouse is well documented, but what the hell did Evans and Lee do to lose all their PT?

If he's too hurt to be effective, he shouldn't be in there, period.

Well, yeah.

That's not on Sefo there.

The question is, is he in there because the coaching staff is stubborn, or because they saw something with Montez that they didn't like in the second quarter?

Personally, I would have liked to have seen Montez in the 3rd quarter, but that's all academic now.

Boy. I don't agree at all. These guys have been through hell to get to their first Bowl game and you want to sit them? Bowls are a reward.

We knew this team was going to have to shine to beat UW, and you can't make these mistakes and hope to survive.

Not that I think it would have mattered (Washington is a better team), but did it seem to anyone else that Tedric lost a couple balls in the lights? 1st drive, for sure, what would have normally been an INT turned into a PI. Then that bizarre TD pass when Browning was trying to throw it away and Chido jumped out of the play at nothing.

One of those weird nights where the Buffs didn't make plays they normally make on top of getting beat. No way CU should have won this one, but there was also some out of character stuff that dramatically effected the final score, I think.

I don't know. Stanford and Utah didn't run the ball like this on CU. I honestly think Washington is the 2nd best team in the country behind Alabama and has the best chance of beating them.
No, just no. USC would thump them like a drum again tomorrow and the next day and the one after that.

Are you high? If any good team gets the stupid field position and free possessions our offense gave to washington, they're probably going to win handily. Our defense has been put behind the 8 ball many times this season and bailed us out. But this game is horrific. I am too depressed to compile the numbers but udub has lived on our side of field after numerous 3/outs and turnovers. No defense, no matter how great, can hold up in these conditions.

SIAP, but this is the Buffs being exposed as a scheme heavy defense. We need athletes to make it special.

Still, nice effort.

Look, if we were a6-6 team headed to the Foster Farms Bowl, I would say start Montez, but you can't bench him from a good Bowl game after leading this team to a10-3 record. That's crazy.
Sefo gets to start if he wants to period. Dude has taken a beating for this team for years and it's his first chance to play in a bowl game. All the upperclassmen deserve this.

Well, yeah.

The question is, is he in there because the coaching staff is stubborn, or because they saw something with Montez that they didn't like in the second quarter?

Personally, I would have liked to have seen Montez in the 3rd quarter, but that's all academic now.
He's in there because he's played very well after getting dinged up all year, but it's not working today. We have backups for a reason, so I'm not giving him a pass for this performance because he's banged up. Not taking anything away from how awesome he's been all year.

I said "41-13 dawgs" Probably close at half." in your prediction thread and predicted your QB won't last....Seems like I had my **** dialed in.

Are you high? If any good team gets the stupid field position and free possessions our offense gave to washington, they're probably going to win handily. Our defense has been put behind the 8 ball many times this season and bailed us out. But this game is horrific. I am too depressed to compile the numbers but udub has lived on our side of field after numerous 3/outs and turnovers. No defense, no matter how great, can hold up in these conditions.

For sure this game was lost on offense. Defense didn't play its best game, but the offense got absolutely dominated and - beyond that - couldn't make simple plays like completing passes to receivers who were schemed wide open.

Well, yeah.

I really don't have any problem with letting Sefo try to bring it home. Yes, that failed in spectacular fashion. But there's no way we get to this argument without him, and it's disappointing that some folks here don't see that.

Guys,
We got beat by a really good team. We played like ****. Best year in decades, our QB got us here and Mac 2 didn't forget how to coach. We lost, settle down or hop off the bandwagon. Jesus.

Back