What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official realignment thread - SEC formally invites OU and Texas to join the conference in 2025

Which is why I’d love to see this happen. They would have outright killed two conferences and would be working on a third. Don’t anybody try to tell me their act would be kept in check in the SEC. They don’t accept being held in check. UT is like a virus. It eats away at the host until there’s nothing left but a carcass, and then they move on to the next victim.
How awesome would it be to see the SEC crumble though ?

I know we all hate bailer, but they have to be considered. That said, nothing would make me happier than to see those sanctimonious pricks on the outside looking in.

Feel pretty certain we’ll add TT, TCU, and Baylor. Just makes sense to add OKie St too
Dear god, please no.

**** BAILER

I'd take Ok St, MAYBE tech. but hells to the no with TCU and Bailer.

Our best bet would be to join KU and go to the B1G
If money is the sole determinant, then yes. I believe the CFB landscape is evolving in a way that will eventually put just about every current P5 school in essentially the same financial boat. With that in mind, it might be best to play the long game here and refrain from hiting the panic button right now.

Trying to figure out how the SEC crumbling would even happen. They'd have to kick out the lower tier schools and replace them with better alternatives. Not seeing it. UT has back stabbed their way to the top financial situation and can rest easy now.

If money is the sole determinant, then yes. I believe the CFB landscape is evolving in a way that will eventually put just about every current P5 school in essentially the same financial boat. With that in mind, it might be best to play the long game here and refrain from hiting the panic button right now.

I don't really see how doing nothing is an option.

Forget football...suppose the Pac-12 decides to improve basketball, who would be the best four choices in this case?

Trying to figure out how the SEC crumbling would even happen. They'd have to kick out the lower tier schools and replace them with better alternatives. Not seeing it. UT has back stabbed their way to the top financial situation and can rest easy now.
It would take years. Decades even, but once the UT rot is in the foundation, the damage begins. It starts with them demanding a bigger slice of the financial pie. Then they conspire with their former confernce brethren (Arky, OU, A&M, maybe even MU- forget that three of those schools left their previous conference because of UT) and forge an alliance within the conference to sway decisions to their benefit. Divide and conquer, baby! (Oh, and eventually destroy).
I will say this, if there’s a conference in the country that can handle UT and it’s ego, it’s the SEC. The drama will be fun to witness from afar.

Would adding any of the big 12 leftovers add enough value to raise the per team payout for the pac 12? No, in my opinion. So we should refrain from expanding for the sake of expanding and let the big 12 leftovers sink into MWC level irrelevance.

Hell if I know. I hope not. From a fans perspective, the B1G would suck. I understand the financial considerations, though. I would tend to think that CU would be pretty far down on the list of potential candidates for the B1G.

The B1G would be an upgrade when it comes to the fanbase. We would have Nebraska as a rival again and any Buff fan that says no to that is probably lying.

If college sports wasn't run by television in general, I'd be worried but that is not the case. Denver will pretty much prop CU up for years to come in those type of discussions.

I think Okie State, TT, TCU, and Houston would be the best case when it comes to basketball. If the SEC is going to take the cake for football, we might as well focus on basketball.

Reaching out to the Pac-12 about a potential 20-school merger was discussed during Thursday’s Big 12 leadership call. Such a move seems to be a more favorable alternative for the Big 12 than bringing in new members, which might involve raiding the American Athletic Conference, to lift its membership back into double digits.

No Way Smh GIF by Amazon Prime Video

NO Bailer. **** that ****.
It does make you wonder about what the PAC would do. The rest of the conference has never had to deal with Bailer’s peculiar brand of self importance (and outright criminality). They just see a school that just won a basketball National Championship. You’d like to think that the leadership at the PAC would remember the last time we went through this and what a bunch of childish assholes bailer proved to be. But money talks, and if there’s a feeling that bringing them in will help financially, the PAC won’t hesitate. Kliavkoff was brought in to even the playing field, specifically on the financial side of things. There could be some highly unpopular choices made here pretty soon.

Why in the world would the BIG suck from a fans perspective?
Iowa City, Lincoln, East Lansing, Ann Arbor, Columbus, West Lafayette, Bloomington, Champaign, State College. Not a lot of interesting road trip options in the B1G. And then there’s the issue of us getting the **** beaten out of us on a regular basis. Recruiting would be more difficult without a conference tie in to our historical recruiting areas. We would have more money, but that’s about the only advantage that I see. And also the red polyester factor has to be considered.

Wouldn't you want to replace UNM with KU if that's your reasoning?

I would want to in this case. My thinking was more with the long term as CU would be in a very southwestern division and basketball would be probably a bigger priority in that division. But I think this round of realignment is going to effectively throw out long term planning anyway so we might as well do KU, TT, OSU, and UNLV.

Iowa City, Lincoln, East Lansing, Ann Arbor, Columbus, West Lafayette, Bloomington, Champaign, State College. Not a lot of interesting road trip options in the B1G. And then there’s the issue of us getting the **** beaten out of us on a regular basis. Recruiting would be more difficult without a conference tie in to our historical recruiting areas. We would have more money, but that’s about the only advantage that I see. And also the red polyester factor has to be considered.
Man, as a college football fan I'd love to watch CU play in Iowa City, , Ann Arbor, Columbus, etc. And have the natural and real rival back with Nebraska, disagree completely.

If we end up with UNLV or UNM after all the chips fall, I’m going to be pissed. Might as well add CSU if those are our best options.

Back