What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Spring Practice Thread

lol. We've all seen this play before:

Act 1: The OL is better than we thought!
Act 2: The DL is getting swallowed up! The OL is really good!
Act 3: Why the **** can't we generate any running lanes vs. CSU? Why can't we stop the run?.....oh.
You act as though we haven’t won three in a row against the goats.

That pencil depth chart is less than meaningful. For example, they ran Moretti with the one's, yet he's listed at #3 at LT.
Lots of other things not really accurate, but it won't matter until Aug 31.

Hopefully Pursell and Sherman can add 10-15 lbs by August.

Oh, and Safety is terrifying.

Last edited:
Why isn’t Worthington listed at Safety? I know he’s injured but he’s on the depth chart at BB. There is zero chance Trego/Cooper are starting players at SS

Hopefully Pursell and Sherman can add 10-15 lbs by August.

Oh, and Safety is terrifying.
I think pursell can hover around 285-290 at center, from all accounts he is a pretty chiseled guy but Sherman definitely need to be around 305 with his athleticism.

Since when did Vaughn get to 300?

Believe the spring depth chart as well as a MM practice report. Not one thing to take from it.

Newman already was moved from BuffBacker. He will be focusing on gaining some mass I'd think.
I like the idea of Newman at Jack. If he can hold 225 or 230 and keep most of his speed and agility he could be a really nice player. I really liked his highschool tape.

Seeing that depth chart at safety is a bit worrisome. But if Aaron Maddox is fully healthy and Evan Worthington is too that'll at least give them 3 quality players at the safety position (Fisher)

Seeing that depth chart at safety is a bit worrisome. But if Aaron Maddox is fully healthy and Evan Worthington is too that'll at least give them 3 quality players at the safety position (Fisher)
I suspect that Isaac Lewis is a much better (and more ready) safety than most fans are aware of. He had one more scholarship offer than our PWOs, so that is understandable. But he was cited several times for making plays out there.

I suspect that Isaac Lewis is a much better (and more ready) safety than most fans are aware of. He had one more scholarship offer than our PWOs, so that is understandable. But he was cited several times for making plays out there.
I'd hope he made some plays, the numbers required him to get a huge amount of snaps. I think it is safe to say he's not ready at this time based on not being listed by HCMM in the group who took a steps forward to being pac 12 players. He's a question mark at best at this time.

I'd hope he made some plays, the numbers required him to get a huge amount of snaps. I think it is safe to say he's not ready at this time based on not being listed by HCMM in the group who took a steps forward to being pac 12 players. He's a question mark at best at this time.

:ROFLMAO:

He made a bunch of plays at safety this Spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a RS-Frosh all I want to see from Lewis in 2018 is that he's giving a good contribution on special teams and is able to get on the field in late game blowouts. That's my expectation. I don't want to see him forced into playing critical snaps on defense. That's also where I am with Rakestraw.

I think Trego is the guy I'd most trust right now as a backup. There are limitations there, but he's a sure tackler who will be correct in his assignments.

Back