What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Officially off the Macintyre bandwagon

So, how does one go about making getting off a bandwagon “official?” Is there an accrediting agency for this? Does one receive some sort of affidavit or certificate or something? Does jumping off a bandwagon require training which requires passing an exam?

Pretty sure you gotta get a notary involved...

Please Ole Miss take MM.

Or GaTech if Paul Johnson upgrades.

Or Vandy if Mason upgrades.

Or Navy if Ken N upgrades.

He’s responsible for three turnarounds!!! One at SJSU and two at CU.

MM is your man. Pleaseeeee.

I think we are seeing life without Jim Leavitt. We were sinking before he got here and MM saved his life with that hire. Now that Leavitt is gone, we are back to being below average.....

Please Ole Miss take MM.

Or GaTech if Paul Johnson upgrades.

Or Vandy if Mason upgrades.

Or Navy if Ken N upgrades.

He’s responsible for three turnarounds!!! One at SJSU and two at CU.

MM is your man. Pleaseeeee.
One time a program turnaround could be a fluke, but two times?! Two times is a trend. Do it, Ole Miss, bring him home!

Uh oh. Sounds like Mike MacIntyre is officially on the Allbuffs hot-seat. Oh my!

Sounds like many here have insider knowledge of what RG will and will not tolerate out of a head coach.
Did any of you let Rick George know that the bandwagon has crashed?

Kind of reminds me of when the sooner schooner crashed and tipped over killing the mascot and several cheerleaders. Horrible tragedy.

Uh oh. Sounds like Mike MacIntyre is officially on the Allbuffs hot-seat. Oh my!

Sounds like many here have insider knowledge of what RG will and will not tolerate out of a head coach.

Kind of reminds me of when the sooner schooner crashed and tipped over killing the mascot and several cheerleaders. Horrible tragedy.

Lose next week and the rise was a one year wonder. His hot seat depends on 2018 and what dead weight he replaces on staff.

See what Oregon's D did to AZ? Held Tate to 2.3 yoc...and with Herbert back they rocked them. Leavitt has turned that D around in one year....while we have dumb and dumber trying to right our ship defensively. Oh well.

A lot is based on the strategic goals RG set for the program, thus setting or resetting the expectations of many here.

By this time next year this thread will be like the Never Ending Story. Lots of time for folks to bitch and moan. Pace yourselves!

His seat is only slightly warm. Another avg campaign and it gets lots warmer.
I agree he's safe for now. However, with a loss next week and a 5-7 finish that is certainly not an average season. Two of those wins were from an embarrassingly weak OOC and the third from a middle-of-the-road MWC team. None of which are our peers. Against peers CU very may well finish 2-7. Thats downright awful and I don't understand why some folks here continue to call this an "average" season.

Another one of these next year and he should be gone, imo.

I agree he's safe for now. However, with a loss next week and a 5-7 finish that is certainly not an average season. Two of those wins were from an embarrassingly weak OOC and the third from a middle-of-the-road MWC team. None of which are our peers. Against peers CU very may well finish 2-7. Thats downright awful and I don't understand why some folks here continue to call this an "average" season.

Another one of these next year and he should be gone, imo.
Agreed. It’s laughable some of the excuses made to justify this as not a bad season “most people expected a 6-6 or 5-7 season before the season began so this is right in line with expectations”. I certainly didn’t expect a 2-7 or 3-6 conference record going into the season but I guess I’m just not like most people

More evidence comes in supporting Leavitt as, perhaps, the key component in the Rise.

Leavitt is a great DC, but last years team was awesome on the defensive side of the ball with a stout DL, and NFL Corners and Safety play. Remember that Oliver was the 3rd Corner last year and we could play man to man on anyone, freeing up so many creative blitz options, especially corner blitzes. Any good DC would look good with that group. I have not decided anything on Elliott yet, but Leavitt was a definite plus, and the defensive roster and experience was huge. I also think that Olugbode does not get enough credit for his tackling. The Rise was the perfect storm and not Mac must re-invent himself, the staff, and the roster to make sure it either happens again, or we get to a consistent excellence. I do not think he has that in him and it will take brilliant staff moves to get there, or a new dynamic coach.

Feels like a left handed complement.
images

Back