What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oklahoma leapfrogs UT

I thought that Iowan guy was your enemy...no?

hell no! he is cool as they come. occasionally retarded, but i chalk that up to a penchant for red. :wink:

there are huskers worthy of an ass raping. i am sure karma sees to that every day.

hell no! he is cool as they come. occasionally retarded, but i chalk that up to a penchant for red. :wink:

there are huskers worthy of an ass raping. i am sure karma sees to that every day.
cool as they come? you must not get around much....

The fuskers we see on a regular basis around here are great. Unfortunately we are in the week where the bad ones come out of the woodwork.

As for neg rep, there appears to be an allbuffs neg-rep bandit running loose. What alma mater (s)he attaches him/herself to, I have absolutely no idea.

The fuskers we see on a regular basis around here are great. Unfortunately we are in the week where the bad ones come out of the woodwork.

As for neg rep, there appears to be an allbuffs neg-rep bandit running loose. What alma mater (s)he attaches him/herself to, I have absolutely no idea.

admins could sort out the neg rep bandit. rumor has it, RSSbot is responsible. i don't entirely buy that explanation.

then again, i "don't get out much."

hey dallas, which game of the year were you in attendance at last night? i did not muchly go to any effort to see one. yours must have been betta. :thumbsup:

admins could sort out the neg rep bandit. rumor has it, RSSbot is responsible. i don't entirely buy that explanation.

hey dallas, which game of the year were you in attendance at last night? i did not muchly go to any effort to see one. yours must have been betta. :thumbsup:

That explains a lot! I'm sure that RSS neg rep packs a punch. :lol:

I was watching Tech - OU....biggest letdown game of the year for me (except for CU-UT....or, CU-FSU, or CU-KU, or CU-A&M, or CU-OSU, or CU-MU, etc.......).

Baseline is head to head but since there's a threeway, those games gets thrown out. SOS and quality of wins and losses knocks out Tech. That leaves us with Texas' who beat: Mizzou, OSU, and Rice, and Oklahoma who beat: TCU, Nebraska, and Cincinnati. I think it's safe to safe to say that Texas should have a slight lead going into next week but the outcome of the games including the above six could tilt it either team's way.

Yea we should have a playoffs.

better at :cry: ?

oh yeah. :nod:

They have been more consistent than OU and they beat them head-to-head at a neutral site. They also came out of a brutal conference stretch with only one loss on the road to a very good Tech team.

there is kind of one wrinkle to the neutral site thing i read today on another board. the RRS is not technically a neutral site since each team gives up a home game to be the designated "home" team in alternating years. this year it was OU, so that means OU played 3 conference games in Norman and 4 on the road....and UT the opposite: 4 in Austin, 3 on the road. obviously, next year it switches.

also, I read Mack has a coaches poll vote and Stoops doesn't.

FWIW, since barring UT losing to ATM or OU to OSU this thing will be dissected from every angle possible.

They have been more consistent than OU and they beat them head-to-head at a neutral site. They also came out of a brutal conference stretch with only one loss on the road to a very good Tech team.

i am seriously interested in hearing how texas has been more consistent. consider the following:

win/loss: clearly, both teams are even steven.

ranked opponents faced: texas - four ranked opponents at time of game. four remain ranked. oklahoma four ranked opponents at time of game. four remain ranked (one is no longer ranked; the stock of one rose after the game). again even steven.

big wins over ranked opponents (21+ points - i am talking a woodshedding) texas - one (mizzou). oklahoma three (cincy, tcu, tech). the advantage here clearly goes to oklahoma.

high scoring games (45+) texas five. oklahoma nine. favor: oklahoma.

insanely high scoring games (60+) texas zero. oklahoma three (the last three, as a matter of fact). favor: oklahoma.

where do you see consistent play favoring texas? :confused:

Last edited:
i am seriously interested in hearing how texas has been more consistent. consider the following:

win/loss: clearly, both teams are even steven.

ranked opponents faced: texas - four ranked opponents at time of game. four remain ranked. oklahoma four ranked opponents at time of game. four remain ranked (one is no longer ranked; the stock of one rose after the game). again even steven.

big wins over ranked opponents (21+ points - i am talking a woodshedding) texas - one (mizzou). oklahoma three (cincy, tcu, tech). the advantage here clearly goes to oklahoma.

where do you see consistent play favoring texas? :confused:
Cincy, TCU...?????

It just seems like OU's defense has been a little erratic at times. Really, both teams are very good and it takes nitpicking to really find faults with either.

I would say that Texas going 3-1 in a stretch where they face four ranked opponents in succession is pretty impressive to me. OU has had the advantage of a more strung out schedule. But overall, head to head is really what trumps everything else for me.

if Cincy beats Syracuse, they are going to a BCS bowl (Orange, I think). I've seen TCU a couple times, they are pretty good. lot of good athletes. choked against Utah.

if Cincy beats Syracuse, they are going to a BCS bowl (Orange, I think). I've seen TCU a couple times, they are pretty good. lot of good athletes. choked against Utah.

if cincy doesnt beat the cuse, they dont deserve a bcs bowl bid...jmho...

Bite your tongue! RSSBot would never neg rep anyone. Talk about misunderstood. Haters ALL OF YOU!

:lol:

UT is better.

better at :cry: ?

oh yeah. :nod:

read the DMN, the UT propaganda machine was up and running in the 2nd quarter of the OU/TTech game after OU scored to make it 35-7 reminding everyone UT beat OU. You think that an football staff and athletic department that knows it has a better team wouldn't have to do this.

and seeing you value h2h so much Boulder Buff, I guess that means you think CU had a better football team than OU all of last season, right? even though OU won the Big XII for the 2nd year in a row... :cool:

I'm surprised nobody has brought up the Stoops thing of "running up the score," Oklahoma's bigger margins as the season winds down being part of my theory as to why they are polled higher than Texas.

I've always been of the mind that a team can only "run up the score" if they can run up the score. :smile2:

If the opposing team is so mad about it, they should attempt to turn their anger to execution on the field and not allow it to happen in the first place.

I've always been of the mind that a team can only "run up the score" if they can run up the score.

Exactly. I haven't really heard any complaining that OU ran up the score, but the way they man handled TT puts them ahead of Texas imo.

and seeing you value h2h so much Boulder Buff, I guess that means you think CU had a better football team than OU all of last season, right? even though OU won the Big XII for the 2nd year in a row... :cool:

A little bit different when both teams have identical records, isn't it? Not a very valid comparison.

As I said, both teams are very good. Both teams have legit claims that they are one of the top two teams in the country. At this point, it is really just nitpicking to find any major flaws with either team. I just happen to think the head to head win puts Texas over the top. How is that opinion so totally out of whack?

Screw the neutral site and the tradition of the RRS. If Texas is going to screw up the big 8, then the big 12 should screw up the RRS. Oklahoma gets my nod because Oklahoma would have killed UT in Norman.

I'd be more sympathetic to the RRS neutral site arguement if the Buffs got to play kNU each year in Ogallala.

Let Mack Brown an his legions petition Obama for a playoffs. Otherwise, Go Sooners! (minus your stinking fight song. Repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition)

Back