What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ole Miss in 09?

at this point I'd really rather not trade M-OH to Ole Miss regardless of the TV prospects, all those Ohio recruits, face time in the state for the coaches, and the W are pretty key.

This is a terrible idea and would only have the backings of a money-hounder like Bohn. Winning out on the non-conf. schedule we already have could lead to huge momentum into the Big 12 and depending on a final record potentially more money in a bowl game.

Bohn needs to remember that the NCAA doesn't reward teams based on strength of schedule, but only on W's. Miami (OH) is a W, Ole Miss on the road - probably not.

Stupid idea if it's true. We already have a tough road game @ Morgantown why add another ?

How has this thread gotten any legs whatsoever? Absurd. It's impossible - the West Virginia and Miami (OH) games have ESPN's prints all over them - we're locked into those. We're not about to cancel CSU or Wyoming, either.

Perhaps in 2011-12 when we have an open date and can play the extra game (b/c we play at Hawaii). That's probably where this "rumor" is coming from. And nobody will want a piece of us then.

How has this thread gotten any legs whatsoever? Absurd. It's impossible - the West Virginia and Miami (OH) games have ESPN's prints all over them - we're locked into those. We're not about to cancel CSU or Wyoming, either.

Perhaps in 2011-12 when we have an open date and can play the extra game (b/c we play at Hawaii). That's probably where this "rumor" is coming from. And nobody will want a piece of us then.

Maybe Ole Miss is joining the North Division of the Big 12....that makes about as much sense as anything else...

you effing pussies! We're talking about an opportunity to see the Buffs in a great venue on national TV, and you guys are worried about an L on the schedule?

I think this would be a great opportunity, I think the Buffs will make a good showing, and I would love it to be true.

I'm pretty sure the talk is to remove the Miami Ohio game and replace it with Ole Miss. IMO it's a bad move. We're trying to build up and this isn't helping

you effing pussies! We're talking about an opportunity to see the Buffs in a great venue on national TV, and you guys are worried about an L on the schedule?

I think this would be a great opportunity, I think the Buffs will make a good showing, and I would love it to be true.

It has nothing to do with being scared. It has everything to do with being smart. This team is poised for a nice season, partly due to a manageable non-conference schedule that has been set well for a while. It is not all cupcakes, but it is not a murderer's row either. Do we really need to add a top 20 team on the road?

And WTF is a "good showing" anyway? Unless it is a win, it really doesn't matter.

I'm pretty sure the talk is to remove the Miami Ohio game and replace it with Ole Miss. IMO it's a bad move. We're trying to build up and this isn't helping

:yeahthat: This team needs a chance to WIN some games. I don't understand the point of this - would it even be that much of a financial gain by the time Miami was bought out?? Would we at least get a home and home out of the deal?? :huh:

I blame MS Buff for this idea.... :cool:

It has nothing to do with being scared. It has everything to do with being smart. This team is poised for a nice season, partly due to a manageable non-conference schedule that has been set well for a while. It is not all cupcakes, but it is not a murderer's row either. Do we really need to add a top 20 team on the road?

And WTF is a "good showing" anyway? Unless it is a win, it really doesn't matter.

A good showing may be a win, it may be a loss, but it means we don't get embarrassed on national TV. It does make a dif to me, for example the UGA loss was more tolerable than getting hammered, I think most of us were proud of the players in defeat. Maybe how you lose doesn't matter to others.

I bet if you asked the kids they would want to play the best teams. I reject the premise that a loss at Ole Miss would ruin the season.

A good showing may be a win, it may be a loss, but it means we don't get embarrassed on national TV. It does make a dif to me, for example the UGA loss was more tolerable than getting hammered, I think most of us were proud of the players in defeat. Maybe how you lose doesn't matter to others.

I bet if you asked the kids they would want to play the best teams. I reject the premise that a loss at Ole Miss would ruin the season.

I'd rather beat a junior high team than lose to any team.

maybe not, but at least there's a chance for it if you don't play weaklings. I doubt in later years we'll be talking about the big win at Miami, OH.

Am I the only person here who wants to see this game played??

I would love to see the game played. Just not next year.

I would love to see the game played. Just not next year.

Agreed - Next year is currently looking like a perfect situation for the Buffs. They played a lot of very tough teams this season, and it gave the young guns a chance to play tough against the best of the best.

They get to start this coming season against weaker competition, with a chance to build upon their seasoning. They are still young and can get their confidence up, and they can work on coming back from injuries, all while hopefully winning games. That helps them carry into conference games with momentum, and a favorable 'North' schedule.

I would love to see Ole Miss during another season.

I really think that our OOC this season is almost perfect. CSU is an in-state rival, a couple of fairly weak teams (although WY shouldn't be overlooked), and a pretty good, close to Top 25 team.

Old friend of mine who I have been talking to since my early internet days got her under grad from Ole Miss and her grad degree from CU. I am fairly certain she´d be jumping for joy to see this game.

Am I the only person here who wants to see this game played??

yep. Wait a couple of years then we will talk. This team needs a few W's and some confidence to build upon. Going on the road to SEC territory for a night game ON TOP of heading into big 12 play is not the solution. This is the first time in recent memory that CU has a great schedule setup for them next year when they desperately need it.

Its gotten legs because there are multiple sources on rivals saying they have heard stuff, mainly from the Ole Miss AD. Its def. a possibility.

Back