What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ole Miss in 09?

update... if it happens it would be a neutral site game... in dallas blah

A bit about neutral sites:

It gets a new TV contract for that game [not a home game]
Alcohol can be sold.

Rumor of UA/USC in Dallas in 2011 and UT in NOLA 2010.

Both teams make a wad of cash.

i think playing a game in dallas against a BCS conference team is a great idea....but, not next year.

Texas is 2nd or 3rd now in states sending students to CU of out of state enrollments. drumming up some alum support and building a presence in Dallas or Houston not a lose situation.

Could this be a Kickoff Classic game a week before the regular season starts? It would happen at a neutral site and not conflict with either team's already established schedules.

If that's the case, then absolutely not. Taking on a national contender on the road to start the season is not what the buffs want next year. There's a difference between ducking someone and choosing to not put the barrel of a loaded gun in your mouth. Put the gun down Mike!

Again...this is why Hawkins hates message boards. This stuff whips people into a frenzy and the AD starts getting bombarded by needless calls, emails, etc. All based on...nothing.

Alcohol can be sold.

Neutral site games suck! The games often don't sell out and it completely takes away the true college atmosphere.

There are only 3 exceptions:
RRSO
UGA-UF
Army-Navy

Alcohol can be sold.

Somebody has to fill that new stadium in Dallas and up to 12 Cowboys home games won´t do the trick.

Pardon the pun but if this is true ESPN needs to find another sacrificial lamb to play Ole Miss. This is on a Thursday night and the folks at the grove would be rockin. This would be Ole Miss's coming out party for their Heisman trophy candidate and national championship aspirations. Not only is that a guaranteed L, that's probably at least two players that would be lost to injury for multiple weeks. Bohn and co. should pass on this.......

Disagree....Ole Miss has one good season and they are going to beat a sacrificial lamb in CU????....I think not...Ole Miss doesn't see many offenses like ours in the SEC...I say we take the game and cram a loss down their throat and the recruit the hell out of Mississippi and the rest of SEC country!!

Disagree....Ole Miss has one good season and they are going to beat a sacrificial lamb in CU????....I think not...Ole Miss doesn't see many offenses like ours in the SEC...I say we take the game and cram a loss down their throat and the recruit the hell out of Mississippi and the rest of SEC country!!

I'm taking it that you're joking right? :lol:

At this point in the development of our football program, I think it's a good idea to stay as far away from the SEC as possible, especially the better teams like Ole Miss. We had our chance with LSU and tucked and ran. Houston Nutt is for real - believe it. We have a chance to have a good record in 09, don't screw it up!

Last edited:
Again...this is why Hawkins hates message boards. This stuff whips people into a frenzy and the AD starts getting bombarded by needless calls, emails, etc. All based on...nothing.

This post is funny on so many levels.

Big Dan probably needs to coach a peewee team to avoid message boards.
You guys really call the AD?
Where there is smoke there is fire.

Talking smack to a team that beat Texas Tech and Florida this year. :thumbsup:

You need to secure your borders before you start recruiting Mississippi. MSU is having a great year recruiting in MS even though Ole Miss had a much better year on the field.

Talking smack to a team that beat Texas Tech and Florida this year. :thumbsup:

You need to secure your borders before you start recruiting Mississippi. MSU is having a great year recruiting in MS even though Ole Miss had a much better year on the field.

Well if last year is indicative of next year, why are are we even talking? We should fold up shop now and move on....OR we should play the game and see what happens....I say we take it and win it.

Now the recruiting of MS was a joke!!

Back