What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Open Scrimmage Saturday (Roll Call)

I don't know how much recovery it takes for a dislocated ankle. Guess it depends on what other damage there is.

I thought the defensive backs played well. Isiah Oliver somehow just keeps getting better.
Miller had that missed tackle and then they threw a flag on him which felt silly and like a mis-call from my angle but he looked good.

Isaiah Lewis was everywhere when he was in. You can really tell he's been here since spring. Rakestraw looked okay too, had a nice PBU. Blackmon played boundary corner a few times and competed hard. Gave up a catch to Bobo, which probably should be expected. I agree tho, even the walk-on DBs looked pretty good. Most of the catches were made through tight coverage.

Poplawski had a nice TD catch during drills. Callier had that great pick, Sparaco had a sack, maybe even two. Landman looked good. Fontenot is bigger than I thought he'd be, height-wise and weight-wise in a good way.

Also, holy cow the defensive coaches are loud and intense. Mostly Els but a couple other assistants too. Felt like the whole defense took the scrimmage personally tbh. Gamboa and Laguda were talking trash at one point, shouting across the field asking where the blackoutboyz were and when they'd be scoring 43 TDs lol.

Overall, it was a lot of fun until the injury. FGs were lol, and there was a lot of vanilla but I thought the team looked big and fast and was impressed at how organized the drills were.

Edit: there was a moment where Hudson had read the screen to Jaylon Jackson and completely blew up the play, but backed-off last second so he didn't KO him. Which let Jackson pick up like 7 yards. Els yelled "WHAT ARE YOU DOING, ****ING TACKLE HIM!!" And made everyone lol.

Also, holy cow the defensive coaches are loud and intense. Mostly Els but a couple other assistants too. Felt like the whole defense took the scrimmage personally tbh. Gamboa and Laguda were talking trash at one point, shouting across the field asking where the blackoutboyz were and when they'd be scoring 43 TDs lol.

Overall, it was a lot of fun until the injury. FGs were lol, and there was a lot of vanilla but I thought the team looked big and fast and was impressed at how organized the drills were.
Yeah then kabion ran over to talk **** when shenault caught that touchdown.

Fo could have ended mini macs career on a post route earlier in the scrimmage. He held up and ran past him and then just looked up to the defensive coaches shaking his head. Also Sanchez could have blown up Jackson on a screen but went past him, Brian got real pissed and yelled "****ing hit him" so the whole stadium could hear lol I thought it was a good decision but I guess not. Not sure if Sanchez has the athletic ability but man he like to hit. Should be good for special teams.

Also not sure what he did but I thought mac was going to have an annurism when he was yelling at drew lewis during 9-7. Not sure what he did because it was only a one yard gain but he was pissed.

Looking up that injury, not too promising. Depends on if he has bone damage too etc. Feel bad for him, the game is unforgiving though.

Also not sure what he did but I thought mac was going to have an annurism when he was yelling at drew lewis during 9-7. Not sure what he did because it was only a one yard gain but he was pissed.

He lit him up for over pursuing and missing the cutback lane, too.

literally and figuratively speaking, anyone have any takes on the elephant in the room, aka Javier? Haven't seen any comments on the D-Line's performance.

Last edited:
literally and figuratively speaking, anyone have any takes on Javier? Haven't seen any comments on the D-Line's performance..
He looked alright, so hard to tell since the LBs do so much of the tackling but the OL didn't dominate them that's for sure. Edwards and Mulumba definitely made some contributions as well as Coleman before he got dinged up.

There was a play where Edwards was on Bisharat's back while Bisharat was standing up and I was just holding my breath waiting for the refs to blow the play dead lol. They didn't wreak a ton of havoc in the backfield, but with it being vanilla, the QBs were able to step up and get out of trouble whenever they did.

Back