What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Open Scrimmage Saturday (Roll Call)

Thanks for all the updates but this thread sucks. Broken legs, ****ty kicking (AGAIN!) and starting QB playing poorly. F'n A.
Montez didn't play poorly, just wasn't all that sharp. The pick was as good of a defensive play as it was a telegraph by Montez. He also threw high and wide a few times.

Stenstrom was there today too. Saw him by the Champion's Center. Someone recognized him and pointed it out and it made him feel really good.

Edwards isn't ready yet conditioning wise. Jeffcoat called him to go in before he caught his breath once and he was pretty much worthless on the play.
The three OOC games should give him enough time to get into better game shape before they'll really need him against UW... hopefully.

IMO - I thought the offense started slow and got better at pass protection as the scrimmage progressed. On many occasions I clocked both QB's getting anywhere from 3 - 5 seconds to get a pass off. However the run attempts up the middle seemed to not gain more than 2-3 yards at a time, although sometimes there were huge gains.
The outlet passes to the sideline from both QB's were effective and many of the passes thrown were frozen ropes that arrived quickly. Cornerbacks played pretty good and the punter, (although not under pressure) routinely kicked 50-55 yard punts on the fly before hitting the ground. The hangtime was exceptional. If he can do that under game conditions, he will easily flip the field. The scrimmage format was much better than previous years.

IMO - I thought the offense started slow and got better at pass protection as the scrimmage progressed. On many occasions I clocked both QB's getting anywhere from 3 - 5 seconds to get a pass off. However the run attempts up the middle seemed to not gain more than 2-3 yards at a time, although sometimes there were huge gains.
The outlet passes to the sideline from both QB's were effective and many of the passes thrown were frozen ropes that arrived quickly. Cornerbacks played pretty good and the punter, (although not under pressure) routinely kicked 50-55 yard punts on the fly before hitting the ground. The hangtime was exceptional. If he can do that under game conditions, he will easily flip the field. The scrimmage format was much better than previous years.
50-55 from the LOS? So, 60 to 65 in the air?

Still can't believe this kid didn't see offers after we offered. The kid is a P5 player and it's immediately obvious that he belongs.

You have been pretty consistent with him. Like I said, he seems like a guy who can cover a lot of range and he definitely stood out. The early graduation really helped him.

Defensive line did fine I thought. He is a space eater for sure. Nothing sticks out either way.
This year we just need him to eat up space and allow the linebackers to run to the football. Give him another year with Drew Wilson and he’ll be ready to assume Tupuo’s role of being a disruptive menace, and blowing-up opposing centers.

So who's more hopeful after that scrimmage? Less hopeful/ Why? Can you even tell with something like this?

So who's more hopeful after that scrimmage? Less hopeful/ Why? Can you even tell with something like this?
I think coach said it best afterwards. If you see good things at times from both the offense and defense, you're probably in a good spot. Dominance by one over the other is reason to worry. Didn't see that.

Despite hitting both uprights, I think we have a kicker in Stefanou. His kicks look different/better.

Meh, but I also don't think we will learn much about this team until Washington anyway (unless we really do struggle with CSU). The offense played like they wanted to put on a little bit of a show but get out of there with no injuries. The defense looked like they didn't want to give up a single yard, so that part was encouraging. They each had their wins and losses.

My main takeaway was that no one looked out of place and that CUin17 has potential to be really, really good for us. And that it's nice having DBs who take good angles and aren't caught out of position all the time. We've come a long way in that regard lol.

Can't really blame Javier for been out of shape. The fans and coaches wanted the size. Personally in my opinion the max weight for a football player should be about 330 pounds with little fat. I am not a fan of recruiting high school football players that are over 280 pounds.

Edwards needs to keep working hard and drop more weight, he's done great so far, keep it up big man. Like some of what I heard about yesterday. Kicking game wasn't one of them but hopefully that gets straightened out, we have what we have, needs to be dependable at least. Punting sounded good, bring it to games though. All in all, sounded fairly promising minus the injuries. Besides, only so much you're gonna learn from one scrimmage.

The one thing that stood out wad the total inexperience on the DO. Tuiloma, Umu, Edwards etc have basically zero snaps

Reading the post-scrimmage articles, I was surprised that Stefanou went 5/7 on FG attempts. Reading this thread and seeing twitter posts, I had thought that he'd gone 0/2.

I may have missed some attempts, but it seems like there were only about 7 attempts total. I want to say it was Stefanou going 3 of 5 while Graham went 1 of 2.

Noticed Els and especially Brown being vocal. No idea on Eliot.
That's really good to hear. My biggest concern was that we'd lost the rah-rah stuff with the defensive coaching changes. So glad to hear that emotional intensity isn't taking a back seat.

Back