What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oregon State at Colorado game thread

And RPI is now 35.

They'll beat Oregon State in Vegas, lose the Quarterfinal. Maybe get shipped to Dayton for "First Four" or if not, play in the "Round of 64" and go one and done. JMHO. This team just doesn't have "it".

That was a team that thought they just had to show up to get a win. We've now given the tourney committee just enough to leave us out if we can't get a couple more wins. The Mayor needs to start showing a little more leadership and urgency on the court. He played like it didn't matter until the last few minutes.

Tad blew it when he subbed Dinwiddie out just after the beginning of the 2nd half. Next thing you know it's 39-33 OSU. we missed Roberson big-time! Well be fine, we need Ski to breakout.

Tad blew it when he subbed Dinwiddie out just after the beginning of the 2nd half. Next thing you know it's 39-33 OSU. we missed Roberson big-time! Well be fine, we need Ski to breakout.
tads rotations all game were awful

Unless we lose the first round game in Vegas, we're fine as far as a bid. No need for a meltdown.

Now for those of you who thought this was the most talented and best coached CU team ever...wake-up call.

I don't even know what to say after that pathetic, absolutely uninspired loss.

Yeah the refs were ****ing terrible, but there is absolutely NO excuse for losing to an awful Oregon State at home. No excuse.

It's gut check time right now. We can either rebound from this loss and play with a vengeance next week or we can make excuses and continue to play down to the competition. Hard to predict what we're going to do at this point.

They'll beat Oregon State in Vegas, lose the Quarterfinal. Maybe get shipped to Dayton for "First Four" or if not, play in the "Round of 64" and go one and done. JMHO. This team just doesn't have "it".

Wow, all we needed was USC to beat WSU and we would be playing WSU. However, WSU is up by 20 at the moment. Looks like we will be playing Oregon State.

the pac has been this way all year. Team wins a big game and then loses the next one. I dont understand it.

That sucked. As great as Thursday was, this was equally turribul. Calling them uninspired, lifeless, apathetic and lazy would be an insult to uninspired, lifeless, apathetic and lazy basketball teams everywhere.

Unless we lose the first round game in Vegas, we're fine as far as a bid. No need for a meltdown.

You're probably right, I'm just being cautious. So much can happen during tourney week, and usually does. 2 more wins takes out any risk.

Wow, all we needed was USC to beat WSU and we would be playing WSU. However, WSU is up by 20 at the moment. Looks like we will be playing Oregon State.

Which doesn't bother me at all right now. If there were motivation issues today, I can't imagine there would be if we play the Beavs again Wednesday.

What does it mean to rethink some of the guys? I'm serious that I don't know what you mean.
It means I had too much to drink during the game and was pissed!!! :lol: I think what I mean is that some of these kids are immature and have not learned that this is a job and you have to show up each and every game. One thing that bugs me is that Tad has to make the same post game speech after losses like this. I, seriously, cannot believe these guys didn't come into this game with the mentality to bury Oregon St. That is what I can't believe.

Here is a theory. Against Oregon they'd just found out they'd lost 'Dre. So, mentally, they really focused. They then came into this game not really, mentally, thinking about picking up the slack of not having 'Dre. Does that make sense?

If their were no good teams then the conference wouldn't have five teams going to the dance

I'm thinking I'd be surprised to see any of those five teams advance to the Sweet 16 and would be shocked to see one in the Elite 8.

Late friday night on ESPN radio there was discussion that UCLA and Colorado were the only Pac12 teams likely/capable to make the sweet16. I'm thinking that comment is redacted after yesterdays turd that was laid at the keg.

Buffs can NOT start slow on wednesday. Their slow start, both first and second half, let OSU gain steam. Tad had best figure out how to beat the zone by weds too.

Late friday night on ESPN radio there was discussion that UCLA and Colorado were the only Pac12 teams likely/capable to make the sweet16. I'm thinking that comment is redacted after yesterdays turd that was laid at the keg.

Buffs can NOT start slow on wednesday. Their slow start, both first and second half, let OSU gain steam. Tad had best figure out how to beat the zone by weds too.

It shouldn't be redacted. Buffs can beat anyone in the tournament field. Our issue is that this team doesn't always maintain intensity for the full 40 minutes or from one game to the next. So, while they're capable of making the Sweet 16 or deeper, they're also capable of losing in the first round of the NIT.

It shouldn't be redacted. Buffs can beat anyone in the tournament field. Our issue is that this team doesn't always maintain intensity for the full 40 minutes or from one game to the next. So, while they're capable of making the Sweet 16 or deeper, they're also capable of losing in the first round of the NIT.

This. Same case with teams like Nova and UVA. With Dre, this team could go deeper than expected. Just don't *count* on it.

One game at a time now - Beat OSU!!

That discussion came pretty shortly after UCLA had just laid a turd against Wazzu, so I don't know if they would necessarily take Colorado out of that discussion after yesterday....

This. The team plays a stellar game and then comes out and plays uninspired. We need this team to get focused on the neutral court, take one at a time and the put back to back efforts together.

That discussion came pretty shortly after UCLA had just laid a turd against Wazzu, so I don't know if they would necessarily take Colorado out of that discussion after yesterday....
Especially with them knowing that we were missing the nations leading rebounder

Especially with them knowing that we were missing the nations leading rebounder

Not to mention getting some credit for the "Debacle in the Desert." The refs don't steal that game from us and we finish fourth and get a bye in the conference tourney.

Back