What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games 8/31 - 9/4

Have you sent your thank you card to BYU for getting you a B12 invite?
Well owning CU for years certainly didn't help... Hell, everybody does... and it isn't going to change in spite of the hype. I'll bet you still suck. Please God... try to win a football game. At the very least BYU can, just not against us.

Last edited:
Well owning CU for years certainly didn't help... Hell, everybody does... and it isn't going to change in spite of the hype. I'll bet you still suck. Please God... try to win a football game. At the very least BYU can.
i struggle with trash talking utes. i have tried to channel my natural disdain for our enemies into hate but i find it doesn't come easy.

but, i can explain, in probably small enough words and concepts, what the issue is...

we don't respect your program and we are quite apathetic to your fate. we have always had our eyes on bigger targets than utah. we are not alone in this inclination toward ignorance, apathy, and disrespect. if you were a traditional power, you would have started higher than #14 and if and when you drop a game you will get penalized harder than a traditional program.

we Buffs have wandered through the desert for a couple of decades now and your peak footballl has come in our weakest era, ever. mostly, when i think about the utes, i feel nothing at all. it feels more like a reflection of all of our self inflicted wounds more than your ascendancy to glory.

have a nice ****ing day.

Well owning CU for years certainly didn't help... Hell, everybody does... and it isn't going to change in spite of the hype. I'll bet you still suck. Please God... try to win a football game. At the very least BYU can, just not against us.
You are going to have a great day tomorrow at your job as assistant manager of the Morman Special Underwear store, slamming a caffeine free mountain dew or two, and then thinking about your pasty white girlfriend turning you down saving herself for marriage. Damn you lead a charmed life! Maybe your big brothers at BYU can tell you what it is like to have 3 ugly wives instead of just one ugly girlfriend.

Well, the back to back PAC 12 champs bring a little more than CU does to the table these days... Ever since you guys got caught exploiting your co-eds for sex with recruits under the bible thumpin' Bill McCartney... you haven't really done a lot. When was that again? How many downs does it take to win a football game?
Yet the Big XII still preferred CU.

You are right, it would have been better for them to get blown out.

Then Rhule could say he needs to fix the talent and change the system.

As it is this game just shows that they are the same bunch of chokers they have been the past almost two decades and that while their talent is lacking the big issue is between the ears.
What’s the word for that?

If any of you see a nub tomorrow:

Knock, knock.

Who's there?

Owen.

Owen who?

0-1
we used to say that all the time in our family about the CU Buffs.... because my son's name is Owen.

His FF team is called Owen13 :giggle:

It's going to be fun to watch all the hype disintegrate.
It won't disintegrate because our expectations are not to win every game. We are constricted by the word: realistic.

Assuming you are a Nebras$hole, one of the things that you don't posess is realsm.

I also got a degree from Temple and I know Rhule very well. He succeded because Temple is a very different animal than kNu., For you to think that he will come in an win a lot there is... wait for it....

unrealistic!

It won't disintegrate because our expectations are not to win every game. We are constricted by the word: realistic.

Assuming you are a Nebras$hole, one of the things that you don't posess is realsm.

I also got a degree from Temple and I know Rhule very well. He succeded because Temple is a very different animal than kNu., For you to think that he will come in an win a lot there is... wait for it....

unrealistic!
He's a yewt fan. So being in in the power 5 for 10 years he believes his team is invincible.

unrealistic!
He isn't a fusker fan.

He is one of those strange creatures that comes out of the state to the west of Colorado. His mother is also his sister, his daughter may also actually be the offspring of his father. They all live in a batch of old trailers connected by tarps and the LDS church in Salt Lake sends them a letter every month telling them to stop calling themselves LDS or Mormon but since most of the bunch doesn't read they just save it to look at the pretty stamp.

He is either a Yute fan or a BYU fan pretending to be a Yute fan even though the only way he would get on either campus is if they hired him as a dishwasher or groundskeeper (custodian is beyond his ability to reason.)

He also claims to have been a marine although that is in question. If he was he got his introduction to flush toilets when he went to basic. He tends to show up around here anytime the Buffs are getting national attention in the same way as a little brother hangs around on the fringes of his older brother's celebrations wishing somehow he was the older brother but knowing it can never be.

It bothers him even though he doesn't understand it that the Yutes only got into the PAC12 because CU needed a "travel partner" and the PAC12 Presidents didn't want to deal with the BYU baggage. Now again the Yutes are saved from a return to the Mountain West because the B12 needed a team to pair with CU.

His underlying fear includes knowing that when the final shakeout happens and a new top division of college football breaks away it is likely that CU will be in it and that this time Utah won't be dragged along.

unrealistic!
I’m interested in your Temple comment. Rhule seemed to do a great job there and at Baylor. But I wonder if he lost his coaching mojo at Carolina. As to your comment, do you think Rhule can’t handle coaching at a place with expectations, or is there some other reason in your mind?

This is complete BS. Historically in the Big10 era, UN plays Minnesota as tough as they play anybody. Minnesota's system and player type is a better match for them than anyone else in that conference. History has shown this is always a close game. They're in trouble the rest of the way. 4 wins max, less if they don't get their QB situation figured out.

I’m interested in your Temple comment. Rhule seemed to do a great job there and at Baylor. But I wonder if he lost his coaching mojo at Carolina. As to your comment, do you think Rhule can’t handle coaching at a place with expectations, or is there some other reason in your mind?
2-10 year one at Temple
1-11 year one at Baylor

He's got a system which has done a 3-year turnaround twice of awful-to-mediocre-to-damn good.

Just as with other recent experiences with Riley / Oregon State and Frost / UCF, it may be that Temple & Baylor are also easier places to win than Nebraska.

This is complete BS. Historically in the Big10 era, UN plays Minnesota as tough as they play anybody. Minnesota's system and player type is a better match for them than anyone else in that conference. History has shown this is always a close game. They're in trouble the rest of the way. 4 wins max, less if they don't get their QB situation figured out.

The above doesn't appear to reflect last night, either. Minny has beat Nebraska for the last five years.

What do you expect, it is a blend of a Ram and a fusker. Realistic expectations play no part in this stuff for them.

I can guarantee (not going to bother looking for it) that this same poster was one of the ones that as little as a couple of years ago was posting about how the Frost teams were "Ready to break out and win their division" and how they were going to "Dominate the line of scrimmage."

If they weren't posting stupid stuff they wouldn't have a board.

Matt Rhule was at Temple from 2013-2016 and the University had a major initiative to raise money and get on the football map. They are in the American Conference and their competition was/ and is not like the Big 10. He succeeded at Temple because the environment was hands off. He is a risk taker... a gambler of sorts.... Temple let him do everything related to his culture. He is more of a player friendly "Rah-Rah" guy. He may seem on the surface a tough person with strict policies... but he isn't. He is a nice guy that wants to be friends with his players. Works at Temple, worked at Baylor (but they went 2-7 the year after he left)... I don't see that culture working at kNu. I don't think he can recruit top level talent to Lincoln. He was very good at recruiting medium level talent to Temple and he did get players at Baylor. I think the Baylor success had more to do with being in Texas and getting Texas players. I just don't see him able to get top guys to Lincoln.

2-10 year one at Temple
1-11 year one at Baylor

He's got a system which has done a 3-year turnaround twice of awful-to-mediocre-to-damn good.

Just as with other recent experiences with Riley / Oregon State and Frost / UCF, it may be that Temple & Baylor are also easier places to win than Nebraska.
To add on nik's point...... kNU is no longer the kNU that those of us remember from the 1990's. The younger generation that is playing football todayhas no idea what kind of powerhouse kNU WAS.... and they don't care. It just doesn't offer what the SEC and top Big 10 schools offer. For someone to succeed there, they need a huge draw to play there... (like a charismatic, brand, social media oriented coach).

Life is very different in NCAA football and I don't think kNU is willing to adapt yet.

Case in point... my 16 year old son asked me why ANYONE would play at kNU... unless they couldn't play anywhere else... (smart kid).

Matt Rhule was at Temple from 2013-2016 and the University had a major initiative to raise money and get on the football map. They are in the American Conference and their competition was/ and is not like the Big 10. He succeeded at Temple because the environment was hands off. He is a risk taker... a gambler of sorts.... Temple let him do everything related to his culture. He is more of a player friendly "Rah-Rah" guy. He may seem on the surface a tough person with strict policies... but he isn't. He is a nice guy that wants to be friends with his players. Works at Temple, worked at Baylor (but they went 2-7 the year after he left)... I don't see that culture working at kNu. I don't think he can recruit top level talent to Lincoln. He was very good at recruiting medium level talent to Temple and he did get players at Baylor. I think the Baylor success had more to do with being in Texas and getting Texas players. I just don't see him able to get top guys to Lincoln.
What the people at Nebraska don't want to accept is that the problem isn't the wrong coach, it is the wrong school.

We have had a lot of fun ripping on Frost and his predecessors and will continue to with Rhule but the fact is that Rhule knows how to coach and win, Frost knows how to coach and win, so did Riley and Pelini.

The problem is that Nebraska can no longer beat people with chemistry and the top recruits don't want to go there. The ones they get don't want to stay there.

Rhule won a lot of games at Baylor and other places, Frost won a lot of games at UCF, Riley won more games than he should have at Oregon State. It isn't the coaches.

2-10 year one at Temple
1-11 year one at Baylor

The CFB world hasn’t admitted that elite recruiting at Nebraska just isn’t possible anymore. In some respects, this makes Rhule the right guy for that program as his success has never been predicated on elite recruiting.

The only problem is the competition level Rhule is dealing with at Nebraska as opposed to Baylor and Temple. They are always going to struggle with Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin, let alone tOSU, Michigan, PSU, MSU, and now USC, UW and Oregon.

Watching their game last night, I was wondering how their fan base, and probably AD, might ultimately desire the Big 12 over the B1G. Their program isn’t going to lack money and resources regardless of conference affiliation, and I wonder if they will look at the new Big 12 and think they would rather be successful than more rich (I realize a program will never voluntarily leave the B1G).

The CFB world hasn’t admitted that elite recruiting at Nebraska just isn’t possible anymore. In some respects, this makes Rhule the right guy for that program as his success has never been predicated on elite recruiting.

The only problem is the competition level Rhule is dealing with at Nebraska as opposed to Baylor and Temple. They are always going to struggle with Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin, let alone tOSU, Michigan, PSU, MSU, and now USC, UW and Oregon.

Watching their game last night, I was wondering how their fan base, and probably AD, might ultimately desire the Big 12 over the B1G. Their program isn’t going to lack money and resources regardless of conference affiliation, and I wonder if they will look at the new Big 12 and think they would rather be successful than more rich (I realize a program will never voluntarily leave the B1G).
Fundamentally I wonder what the difference is between Nebraska and Oklahoma when it comes to recruiting and ability to continue as a power football program. Is access to Texas the biggest differentiator right now?

NU is really outclassed in the Big X.
They'd fare better in the Big XII, in all honesty.

Lincoln sucks when you cmpare it to nearly every city where colleges reside in either conference, but they're more in line with the cities in Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas when it comes to scenery. They can't compete with Boulder, SLC, Ohio St, and others.

I can't wait until tehy get destroyed in Boulder this year, but the rest of the year I really don't care about what happens to them.
I generally root for any old Big 8 teams when we are no longer in the same conference, though.

I don't know why you are so hostile to CU. The PAC wanted us, and you guys got to tag along as the consolation prize. The B12 wanted us back, and again, you were allowed in as filler. I would expect a little more gratitude.

Back