What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games 8/31 - 9/4

Mertz looks like a disaster. Mertz and guys like Chandler Morris just aren't it if pressured and the coverage is solid.

Florida has not helped him one bit with dumb mistakes and lack of execution in critical 3rd and 4th down situations.

Nebraska #9 is good. I really like their DL. That could be a problem for us. This will be a hell of a game for us.

I believe our fans are overrating how hard TCU will be and underrating how hard Nebraska will be.

Nebraska got some clear issues but man, what they are good at, they are good at. Rhule got them playing just like I expected too.

Bye #9. Ejected for targeting. Will he still miss part of our game? Is that still a rule?

Minnesota and Florida learning a valuable lesson. You need studs. Ibrahim and Richardson was key.

Looks like 9 could be suspended for the 1st half next week

Nebraska #9 is good. I really like their DL. That could be a problem for us. This will be a hell of a game for us.

I believe our fans are overrating how hard TCU will be and underrating how hard Nebraska will be.

Nebraska got some clear issues but man, what they are good at, they are good at. Rhule got them playing just like I expected too.
Way to jinx #9! He will be watching the first half from the Folsom sideline.

I think he's good but with this pass blocking, I don't see it for him this year. Their tackles are getting dominated on pass pro. If CU gets up early, NU could get wrecked by CU.
I recently read a good line about progression of quarterbacking at different levels that I think applies to Sims: in high school, you've got to be able to hit a house, in college the garage, and in the pros a window.

Accuracy fluctuates between high school and college level. Made worse by his read-to-release being a couple beats slow (unlike how decisive he is in the run game). He's a running back who can threaten you with the pass. Basically, he's a a college QB of the 1990s.

Mertz looks like a disaster. Mertz and guys like Chandler Morris just aren't it if pressured and the coverage is solid.
Bet against Mertz will get you a lot of money. Loved betting against him and Wisconsin in a so called big games.

I recently read a good line about progression of quarterbacking at different levels that I think applies to Sims: in high school, you've got to be able to hit a house, in college the garage, and in the pros a window.

Accuracy fluctuates between high school and college level. Made worse by his read-to-release being a couple beats slow (unlike how decisive he is in the run game). He's a running back who can threaten you with the pass. Basically, he's a a college QB of the 1990s.
I can agree with this. That said, he's 6'4 230 and can really run. There is still a threat with him you must account for but if his pass pro is bad, the weapons are weak, he's limited in options.

Only gotta see him in the second half, way to put the juju on him

Yeah I mean he's just like Tom Osborne. Recruit a mobile qb who can't throw for **** and hope opposing DC's can't figure it out.

Nebraska has the longest bowl drought in the power 5. TCU played for the national championship last year. TCU would hang 70 on the Nubs.

Back