What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games 9/14 - 9/16

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
Other games, really. You wouldn’t think so. Both the Fox and the ESPN pre-game shows are in Boulder this week, even though the Buffs are going to be destroying playing the sheep. A hint, they aren’t here because they like green uniforms.

CU and Prime aren’t getting all the attention though.

The Big Ten can’t stand not to be the center of attention. To their rescue comes (different spelling might be appropriate) courtesy of Mel Tucker solidifying the conference's stranglehold on the sexual offenses championship.

We have been patiently waiting a couple weeks for the significant games to get started, well wait some more. This week’s schedule is devoid of pairings of ranked teams and it’s hard to find many games that could put teams in and out of the rankings.

Some things have returned to normal though. We have some very good in-state or regional rivalry games and we knew the B1G couldn’t make it through a season without giving us a new sex scandal.

Thursday going with the trend looks like a pair of blowouts.

(22) Miami coming off beating then ranked Texas A&M gets a rest week against FCS Bethune-Cookman (1-1) who has already been blown out by Memphis 56-14.

The night's other offering is Navy (1-1) at Memphis (2-0) with their above mentioned destruction of this week’s Miami’s patsy.

Friday night at least has two P5 programs playing each other. Maryland (2-0) and their clown costume uniforms host what may be one of the worst Virginia (0-2) teams in years.

With wins against two what should have been ridiculously easy opponents under their belts Air Force (2-0) opens Mountain Worst competition against visiting Utah State (1-1) who lost at Iowa then beat a hapless Idaho State by 50.

Saturday as mentioned has zero games matching ranked teams but does offer what should be some fun early season rivalry games.

The best early one might be (15) Kansas State at Missouri (2-0.) Neither team has played anyone with a pulse but the hate between these two goes back to Big 7/Big 8 days. It isn’t like KU-Mizzou but they don’t like each other.

In the same early time slot three ranked teams have conference games that aren’t expected to be much closer than the weak OOC games we have already seen. (3) Florida State is at Boston College (1-1) and the (7) Penn State liars (oops lions) are at Illinois (1-1.)

Down south (14) LSU goes to Mississippi State (2-0.) After losing their opener to Florida State LSU slipped by Grambling 72-10. With a win Mississippi State could move into the rankings even though their best victory was by one score over Arizona because, well, SEC.

Later a solid choice may be Minnesota (2-0) at (20) North Carolina. (1) Georgia should easily pick up their first conference win hosting South Carolina (1-1.)

(8) Washington visits Michigan State (2-0) who is now suddenly missing their soon to be fired coach. Nothing like waiting for the media to notice before addressing sexual assault issues.

Last year saw the renewal of a rivalry that dates back to 1895 but hadn’t been played since 2011. The Backyard Brawl sees Pittsburgh (1-1) at West Virginia (1-1.)

Returning to the land of manure and meth after another unhappy visit to Colorado most Cornhusker fans had counted this week’s game as a win. Nebraska (0-2) brings in Northern Illinois (1-1) for what should be an easy win. It should have been an easy win last time they played as well but Nebraska added to their collection of close losses and moral victories for a program that lacks morals.

This week’s garbage game of the week is the in-state rivalry with the New Mexico State (1-2) Aggies (Saggies) at the University of New Mexico (1-1) Low Bows who bend over for almost everyone. Not since the gorey days of Kansas and Kansas State has one state had two so consistently putrid programs.

In the PAC12 other than the earlier mentioned Washington game most PAC schools are busy padding their schedules with patsies.

The only one expected to be close is Fresno State (2-0) at Arizona State (1-1) and that is only because the Sundevils are a bad football team.

Closer to home Wyoming (2-0) has started the year undefeated. That will be hard to continue as they go to (4) Texas who just finished beating Alabama.

Northern Colorado (0-2) is really bad, this isn’t the week for them to get better against (23) Washington State (2-0.) Wazzou might just want to start with the third string and let the first and second string scrimmage before the game. They would get better competition.

Small colleges start this week with conference play and we start right off with a huge battle with Western (2-0) at Pueblo (1-1.) Western finished near the top of the league last year and Pueblo, which is always tough went to double OT last week at national power Grand Valley.

Colorado Mesa (1-1) hoping to get back to contention in the league opens at South Dakota Mines.

Colorado Mines (2-0) went undefeated in arguably the toughest OOC schedule in the nation, opening at home in what should be a fairly easy contest against Adams State.

From one of the best teams in the nation we see one of the worst in Fort Lewis (0-2) who hosts New Mexico Highlands (1-1.)

Last edited:
Didn't mention but Colorado Mesa beat an FCS team last week at San Diego. Big win for the program.

Mines is ranked #2 in the country for D2, Pueblo is ranked #22 and Western is #25 in the coaches poll,
Our coach "retired" in the off season. He claims he was fired. We need to kill football and dump all the money we blow on it into basketball, baseball, and volleyball, I've been saying this forever. It's a money pit. Our volleyball team made it to the final four last year (further than noted volleyball school ***raska). There is no reason San Diego can't be St. Mary's in basketball, I'm not going to hope for Gonzaga, except that a useless football program sucks all the money out of the athletic department.

Our coach "retired" in the off season. He claims he was fired. We need to kill football and dump all the money we blow on it into basketball, baseball, and volleyball, I've been saying this forever. It's a money pit. Our volleyball team made it to the final four last year (further than noted volleyball school ***raska). There is no reason San Diego can't be St. Mary's in basketball, I'm not going to hope for Gonzaga, except that a useless football program sucks all the money out of the athletic department.
I think there are a bunch of schools in the same situation as USD in terms of wasting money trying to prop up a dead football program. The difference with many are that they don't have the kinds of alternatives you are mentioning. USD is a very good school in an amazing location.

All indications are that the distribution of media money for football is only going to get more unbalanced and football isn't going to get any cheaper.

Saw the other day in the Sunriser that Northern Colorado is subsidizing their football program by about $10 million per year which in Colorado is second only to CSU at about $20 million per year. It's hard for me to believe that UNC gets anything close to that value in benefit from it.

Looking around it is easy to see a bunch of schools that would be better off to either drop their programs a level or two or eliminate them all together.

Mtn, I know we give you $$$t for your, hmm, long form posts but this is a great application of your proclivities. I always enjoy these roundups, thank you.
To be clear, we don't pay @MtnBuff for his pontification but we do give him a lot of sh*t.

These threads are great and much appreciated.👍
I have fun doing them and appreciate the feedback.

It's interesting for me to take a look at the week's offerings, what might be worth a watch, what to avoid.

If I can drop a little snark in between lines I hope it gives people a little chuckle. Occasionally I have to edit to avoid a TOS violation or at least a violation of good taste.

I also hope to shine a little credit on the small colleges and maybe get some people out to see them, it's worth the time.

I have fun doing them and appreciate the feedback.

It's interesting for me to take a look at the week's offerings, what might be worth a watch, what to avoid.

If I can drop a little snark in between lines I hope it gives people a little chuckle. Occasionally I have to edit to avoid a TOS violation or at least a violation of good taste.

I also hope to shine a little credit on the small colleges and maybe get some people out to see them, it's worth the time.
I especially appreciate the small school roundup

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahshahshahahahs

(Breathe)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahshahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Navy. So lame.

Didn't mention but Colorado Mesa beat an FCS team last week at San Diego. Big win for the program.

Mines is ranked #2 in the country for D2, Pueblo is ranked #22 and Western is #25 in the coaches poll,

It's going to be a meat grinder to get that second bid in the RMAC. Probably going to have to wait until next year after Matocha graduates to see if anyone knocks off Mines.

Air Force is slowing down. Allowed a garbage touchdown and only got a field goal going into half.

Army with a 37-13 advantage in TOP. Damn.
Dominating the game but can't put them away.

Real question now is can UTSA actually stop the Army offense, One score or even a long drive it's over. Get a quick stop and it looks like Army can't stop them either.

Do the UTSA dorms have wheels under them. Their crowd looks like the bad stereotype of Texans..

Air Force looks excellent against somebody they lost to last year in Utah State.

Calhoun and company should win 10 games again with that schedule.

UCLA is playing NC Central tomorrow, wtf? And this link confuses them with NC A&T, that wouldn't make some of my NCCU buddies at work too happy lol

Coastal Carolina, San Diego State, and North Carolina Central.

Darth Snyder would be proud of UCLA's OOC schedule this year.

Hot take for tomorrow: Texas beats Wyoming, but I think Wyoming will be within 7-10 well into the second half. Wyoming's really good. That Texas Tech performance was impressive as ****. They were down 17-0 mid 2nd quarter. Craig Bohl (I think Nebraska fans will likely argue this should go into their moral victory HoF because he's a former Nub AC) is a really good football coach. Dude gets the most out of the talent he has. That QB-Andrew Peasley-is a really good college QB. Texas is very good-and they showed it last week. That said, we must remember who we're talking about here. This feels like a classic Texas comes out flat as hell game.

Bet the Pokes and take the 29.5. Horns 37-20.

I just finally looked at the schedule and the games this weekend are awful. I mean root for the Buffs, sure, but what else is worth watching?

Back