What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games -- early weeks of the season

Now Cal down 12 to UCI...
Getting really sketchy for Cal. Down 7 with 3:38 to go

Now down 2 with a minute left and UCI with the ball.

Cal with the ball, down 2, :35.7.

OT. Why do guys think they have to be the super star, and hold the ball until 3 seconds is left then try to make some crazy assed play only to dribble into trouble and lose the ball. I see it all the time. GET YOUR TEAM INVOLVED, IDOT!!

Last edited:
Notre Dame beat Seattle 92-49 tonight, sorry if already mentioned. I wouldn't read too much into it, basketball is about the hardest sport to do the "score comparison" game with. Especially in the early OOC when non-power teams are constantly on the road and exhausted. That said, the Irish are never an easy out. Being picked in the middle of the ACC means they're still quite likely a Big Dance caliber team. A win over the Irish would be a great boost.

Notre Dame beat Seattle 92-49 tonight, sorry if already mentioned. I wouldn't read too much into it, basketball is about the hardest sport to do the "score comparison" game with.

Still and all, Notre Dame won by 43 points. They had 10 three's by halftime, and ended the game with 8 turnovers. It's a bit unsettling.

Still and all, Notre Dame won by 43 points. They had 10 three's by halftime, and ended the game with 8 turnovers. It's a bit unsettling.
We had the open looks, just couldn't hit em. If we were shooting like the first game, it would have been a 20 point game at the half. Call tonight the balancer game, we'll see if shooting is closer to 60% or 16%...

Crazy back and forth, Xavier regains the lead 63-61 with 5min to go. Exert your will now Xavier plz.

7'6", 290 pound Tacko Fall is exploding all over Mississippi St. He's played about 20 minutes and has 24 points on 12/16 shooting to go with 11 boards. He has a decent range of motion. He's a little bit slow, but way to strong too be slowed down by the guys he's going against. Pretty skilled offensively and doesn't appear to be hurting them on D. This guy is a monster.

He ended up with 26/12 in 23 minutes of play. 13/17 from the field. Central Florida beat MSU 86-61. I think this kid is going to get famous pretty quickly.

Also, N. Iowa beat ASU 82-61.

Froling in the game for SMU. Looks a little slow and lumbering, but I'm sure he will get his legs under him as the year goes on and look much better.

Sucks, man. you know the back story?

Who knows. Bennett runs a tight ship but there's murmurs of Maziel-type behavior. I don't want to overstate the loss, UVA is still plenty deep and can be a top 10ish team, but there's no doubt it's a blow for any Final Four aspirations. They're by no means crippled by this, though

lazy and never got around to updating this or starting a new thread for this week.

Did anyone notice that #3 Indiana lost to Fort Wayne last night!?!?!?!

@CVilleBuff, that was ridiculous. ACC is looking good.

big game today is Wisconsin vs Carolina for the Maui Invitational Championship. This will have to sit on my DVR until after I finish prepping for the holiday dinner, but will be savored late tonight with a pot of fresh coffee.

979f3dc0e71ac051d8e1e74bd1fe74de.jpg

De'Ron Davis only got 9 minutes, 1 rebound, and 1 assist. Hard to get your Freshman minutes when you are struggling against satellite schools.

The last place team of the MWC beat the last place of the PAC in WSU who lost to powerhouse SJSU.

I'd hate to be a WSU fan right now.

UVA just straight killing Iowa in FL. Hoos looking really good

Followed it up by coasting over Providence. Have to admit I'm a bit surprised the loss of Austin Nichols isn't affecting them at all. It was one thing beating Grambling 90-34 without him, but smashing Iowa and Providence suggests to me that they're going to be just fine.

Boise State up on the Dux with 1 min left in the first half 32-26. Would be bad for the conference and our RPI ... but I really can't pull for UO.

Boise State up on the Dux with 1 min left in the first half 32-26. Would be bad for the conference and our RPI ... but I really can't pull for UO.

Been a rough non-con so far for the Pac-12. ASU vs Kentucky was a bit short of competitive, too.

Had to watch the end of the game without sound ... why wasn't BSU's coach charged with a technical when he was clearly on the court and the ball hit him while still in play?

Markelle Fultz is every bit a #1 NBA prospect. Combo guardy but good height and even better length that it doesn't really matter, especially since being a hybrid is becoming more encouraged anyway. Don't know who to compare him to really. A lil like Westbrook without the recklessness, but more like Harden with the control, first step, and ability to finish through contact. Pretty confident he will be an offensive star in the league at worst.

I also like Lonzo Ball as the #2 PG and a top 5 prospect. His shot is ugly but whatever it's going in for now at least, and he can play as a true PG at 6'6". Dennis Smith is also incredible, I just don't like his measurements. But no doubt has perfect handles/strength/vision to be an elite college PG and a very good NBA player.

Had to watch the end of the game without sound ... why wasn't BSU's coach charged with a technical when he was clearly on the court and the ball hit him while still in play?
Just like Wofford coach who caught ball that was in play. Where was the sideline warning or technical? Buffs and Broncos both got nailed for that infractions

Back