What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games-labor day weekend

My dream is that UT fires Strong for 8-win seasons right at the time CU is looking for its next head coach. Strong's been the HC I've wanted since when I thought CU was going to fire Hawkins in November of 2009.

But without Shawn Watson, of course.

COL83vsU8AELK6u.jpg

Time for a break. The teams I'm pulling for are out of it.

Wiscy, UT, ASU, E Washingon all going home defeated. Don't care about USC vs cupcake.

McNeese St at LSU has been cancelled due to lightening -
first time since 1918 a LSU game has been cancelled

McNeese St at LSU has been cancelled due to lightening -
first time since 1918 a LSU game has been cancelled

I was there, it was weird. Everyone thought the first couple lightning warnings were bs. The weather seemed calm, with no storm clouds in sight. The last announcement was for everybody to take cover now. Everybody listened to that one. Storm came out of nowhere, and didn't let up till about an hour ago.

I have watched every damn UT game that Charlie Strong has coached and the only thing I can say for sure and without reservation is, the guy is in WAY over his head in Austin. I will go one step further and say his Defense is stellar, Louisville and UT, but take Teddy Bridgewater out of the mix and he is still at Louisville, their offense is pathetic, and that's an understatement. They seem to only recruit high level D players and very suspect O players. Hell they cant even get Jonathan Gray going. No thanks on Strong, he has got until 2016 unless he goes 2-10 in Austin this year, after that I don't care where he goes as long as its not Boulder.

Wanted to talk about the Stanord game a bit. No way they should be losing to Northwestern. NW has some nice players though. They have a good back, good receivers, good te, and I really like their qb. He throws a nice ball and has some athleticism. Not a burner but think they said a 4.6 guy, that's plenty fast. On D, those guys fly around and get after it. Pretty solid football team who is well coached. Fitzgerald is a guy I wouldn't having if Mac doesn't work out.

Good first weekend of college ball, outside of our disaster that is. NU loss is the capper for the weekend but did love seeing Meatchicken lose on Thursday as well. Too bad both Texas and ND both couldn't loose but seeing UT get kicked is fun (my boss is whorn so now he will not open his mouth about CU's loss). Wanted Wiscy to win but Alabama looks very loaded.

Nice to have football back and I may be a Mormon fan this fall after that win. Give me something to pull for while enjoying our tailgates.

Nice to have football back and I may be a Mormon fan this fall after that win. Give me something to pull for while enjoying our tailgates.

Was at Book of Mormon while BYU was playing Nebraska, I was hoping that would send positive vibes to the Cougars, but the game's ending made it almost too story book.

Was at Book of Mormon while BYU was playing Nebraska, I was hoping that would send positive vibes to the Cougars, but the game's ending made it almost too story book.

Get to go to Book of Mormon next Friday and looking very forward to it.

Watching the rest of the games, it's disheartening to see how little physical talent we have compared to A&M, Alabama, Wisconsin and ASU. You just can't recruit like Macintyre does.

I have watched every damn UT game that Charlie Strong has coached and the only thing I can say for sure and without reservation is, the guy is in WAY over his head in Austin. I will go one step further and say his Defense is stellar, Louisville and UT, but take Teddy Bridgewater out of the mix and he is still at Louisville, their offense is pathetic, and that's an understatement. They seem to only recruit high level D players and very suspect O players. Hell they cant even get Jonathan Gray going. No thanks on Strong, he has got until 2016 unless he goes 2-10 in Austin this year, after that I don't care where he goes as long as its not Boulder.

Strong has been absolutely great everywhere he has coached and has paid his dues. I think UT might be one of those situations where you're either embraced by the organization or you are not. If you're not, you can't be very successful and won't be given much time.

Rich Rodriguez @ Michigan = Charlie Strong @ Texas

Strong has been absolutely great everywhere he has coached and has paid his dues. I think UT might be one of those situations where you're either embraced by the organization or you are not. If you're not, you can't be very successful and won't be given much time.

Rich Rodriguez @ Michigan = Charlie Strong @ Texas

That and Shawn Watson does not nearly as good without Teddy Bridgewater. Strong needs to cut ties if he wants any chance at success with Texas.

I always felt that Charlie Strong was an odd choice at UT. I agree that it's a similar situation to when Rich Rod was at Michigan. Wherever he lands next will be a good spot for him. Who knows, maybe that's here. We could do a whole lot worse.

I always felt that Charlie Strong was an odd choice at UT. I agree that it's a similar situation to when Rich Rod was at Michigan. Wherever he lands next will be a good spot for him. Who knows, maybe that's here. We could do a whole lot worse.

But isn't CU much too racist to hire another black HC?
At least that's what sports talk radio told us after Embree got canned.

Purdue loses. Marshall had never beaten a Big 10 team in it's history. A pick 6 in the last 2 minutes seals the win for Marshall. Fun game to watch overall.

Back