What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games thread-Week 8

****ing FSU. So they're clobbering the #3 team in the country, which will make all the East Coast knobslobbers start talking how FSU deserves a chance at the MNC.

FSU took a gigantic step in making a case for themselves tonight. It's not like it's irrational and undeserved for them to now be in the conversation. And frankly I could give a **** about Oregon "representing" us.

Well, it doesn't help that the team that was going to really boost Oregon's resume lost to Utah.

Well, it doesn't help that the team that was going to really boost Oregon's resume lost to Utah.

FSU won't catch them if both win out. Miami is extremely shaky and will come back to earth sooner or later (they aren't a top 10 team) and Florida is just a complete mess. There's also the strong possibility of Clemson pulling a "Clemson" and picking up a stupid loss down the stretch.

A team that's about to take the lead against AZ in Tucson.

When I wrote that it was 20-14 and UA was driving. Little did I know that UA would go for it on 4th down and not make it, or that Utah would run a flea flicker right away and take the lead.

Why does the field always look like **** in Tucson?

I've seen the golf courses out there, so I know that it's possible to have a grass field look good in Arizona.

Not to be a total sunshine pumper, but it appears that the three Pac-12 teams we've played are probably the three teams that are playing the best in the conference. Obviously we're way behind in a lot of ways, but seeing the teams that we still have to play this year, I'm not sure it's going to be as bad as maybe we thought right after the ASU game.

When I wrote that it was 20-14 and UA was driving. Little did I know that UA would go for it on 4th down and not make it, or that Utah would run a flea flicker right away and take the lead.

Hey ... that's football. :lol:

All I was implying was that Utah doesn't suck ... and while Stanford's rep and ranking took a hit from their loss at the hands of the Utes last week ... by the end of the season that loss might not look all that bad. Therefore, if UO beats the Cardinal (and doesn't stumble against anyone else) and wins the CCG, they'll be sitting pretty.

Not to be a total sunshine pumper, but it appears that the three Pac-12 teams we've played are probably the three teams that are playing the best in the conference. Obviously we're way behind in a lot of ways, but seeing the teams that we still have to play this year, I'm not sure it's going to be as bad as maybe we thought right after the ASU game.

Definitely encouraging to see Washington get rocked by ASU. We're still going to get slaughtered at Washington and UCLA, but let's see what happens in the other 4 games. Hopefully beat Cal, maybe someone else if we're lucky, and keep it competitive in the others. I'm hardly counting on a win over Arizona, but it's a golden opportunity for MacIntyre & Co to take a huge leap forward in the rebuilding process.

I'm hardly counting on a win over Arizona, but it's a golden opportunity for MacIntyre & Co to take a huge leap forward in the rebuilding process.

The Arizona team I'm seeing tonight looks very beatable, but I'm concerned that Utah's defense is much much much better than ours.

I admit to be shocked by the UDub loss.

But the PAC-12 looks freaking strong this year. Probably six legit top 25-30 teams.

What a brutal stretch for UW. Stanford-Oregon-ASU. Two of which on the road.

Coming off of the Stanford and Oregon games, UW might have been ripe to get their doors blown off, though. The emotional drain was probably pretty huge, plus they might have overlooked ASU because of the teams they played the 2 weeks prior.

I didn't get all the love for Washington after the first 4 games. Sure I thought they were a good team in the #20-30 range and still do but certainly not a top 10-15 team. :huh:

Ha ha - color guy on the Cal/Beavs broadcast is asking why Mannion's still throwing the ball up 32 points in the 4th quarter.

Because that's how Riley rolls.

In some ways, I'm a little heartened that Riley is still throwing the ball on Cal this way too.

That proves to me that he's just a dick, and not someone who was doing it just because he never figures he's ever going to have to worry about payback from CU.

That was a depressing thought.

Back