What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 11/1-11/3

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
Other Games

As hard as it is to believe not everything about college football was bad last week.

Baylor took a beating and the Sheep lost their border war.

Thursday starts with a couple of MAC games and a chance to see the self-proclaimed National Champions from (9) UCF play a 5-3 Temple team.

Friday night the early game before the Buffs has 4-4 Pitt at (23) Virginia.

Saturday gives us a bunch of games matching top 25 teams.

The big one, maybe biggest this year so far gives us the expected (1) Alabama visiting surprising (4) LSU. If LSU can pull this one off it would be hard to see both of these teams ending up in the playoff. Meaning that Clemson and everyone else would be playing for two spots.

Staying in the SEC (6) Georgia coming off a big win over Florida is on the road at (11) Kentucky who is trying to be more than a basketball school.

In the B12 (12) West Virginia fresh off destroying Baylor gets a much tougher challenge at (15) Texas which is coming off an upset loss to Oklahoma State and trying to get back on track.

In B1G action (or what passes for it in that conference sometimes) coming off a bye week (5) Michigan host (14) Pedo State. Another chance for Harbaugh to prove he can beat ranked teams.

Big PAC12 games have Cal at 5-3 and trying to get back into the rankings at (10) Washington State. Leach’s teams usually blow a game or two a year, is this one it?

Also have (16) Utah on the road at 4-4 Arizona State looking to move further up the rankings now that it looks like again the PAC is completely out of the playoff chase.

Despite our other frustrations we can take pleasure in seeing Baylor get another loss at the hands of suddenly hot Oklahoma State.

Even more pleasure can come from watching (8) Ohio State coming off a huge upset loss to Purdue is going to put the kind of beating on Nebraska that Nebraska players and Ohio State assistant coaches have been known to put on women. Will Scott Frost go find a closet to hide in for this one like he did in the past?

Locally we have some good games to see. AFA at 3-5 goes to West Point to play 6-2 Army in a game were records coming in don’t mean very much. An AFA win and the get the CIC trophy and a successful year.

Wyoming should have a good chance to pick up another win hosting a bad San Jose State team.

CSU has a bye week meaning that a few less people than normal will be in their stadium this Saturday. This season their few remaining fans see Bye on the schedule and figure that will be a loss as well.

In FCS action Northern Colorado has won two in a row but will have a hard time keeping it going with a very good 6-2 Eastern Washington team coming to Greeley.

In local small college ball Colorado School of Mines tries to stay undefeated at Dixie State. CSU Pueblo with their only loss being to Mines is at Black Hills State.

I think you left a "not" out of para 7.

I didn't know Mines was undefeated.

Kentucky has historically been a laughingstock in football in the SEC, they were the homecoming opponent, the game where the backups got lots of reps in practice because coaches knew they would be playing most of the second half. Their fans may not even know how to handle being ranked and in position for a bowl game. Usually football is out of the way by the end of December and they can concentrate on basketball.

Mines has been killing it this year. They are 8-0 and the games haven't been close. Their two lowest scoring outputs were against Pueblo (35-21) and a very good Azuza Pacific (42-27.)

Last week they scored 84 against a decent South Dakota Mines team and earlier they scored 72 against Mesa.

Other Games

As hard as it is to believe not everything about college football was bad last week.

Baylor took a beating and the Sheep lost their border war.

Thursday starts with a couple of MAC games and a chance to see the self-proclaimed National Champions from (9) UCF play a 5-3 Temple team.

Friday night the early game before the Buffs has 4-4 Pitt at (23) Virginia.

Saturday gives us a bunch of games matching top 25 teams.

The big one, maybe biggest this year so far gives us the expected (1) Alabama visiting surprising (4) LSU. If LSU can pull this one off it would be hard to see both of these teams ending up in the playoff. Meaning that Clemson and everyone else would be playing for two spots.

Staying in the SEC (6) Georgia coming off a big win over Florida is on the road at (11) Kentucky who is trying to be more than a basketball school.

In the B12 (12) West Virginia fresh off destroying Baylor gets a much tougher challenge at (15) Texas which is coming off an upset loss to Oklahoma State and trying to get back on track.

In B1G action (or what passes for it in that conference sometimes) coming off a bye week (5) Michigan host (14) Pedo State. Another chance for Harbaugh to prove he can beat ranked teams.

Big PAC12 games have Cal at 5-3 and trying to get back into the rankings at (10) Washington State. Leach’s teams usually blow a game or two a year, is this one it?

Also have (16) Utah on the road at 4-4 Arizona State looking to move further up the rankings now that it looks like again the PAC is completely out of the playoff chase.

Despite our other frustrations we can take pleasure in seeing Baylor get another loss at the hands of suddenly hot Oklahoma State.

Even more pleasure can come from watching (8) Ohio State coming off a huge upset loss to Purdue is going to put the kind of beating on Nebraska that Nebraska players and Ohio State assistant coaches have been known to put on women. Will Scott Frost go find a closet to hide in for this one like he did in the past?

Locally we have some good games to see. AFA at 3-5 goes to West Point to play 6-2 Army in a game were records coming in don’t mean very much. An AFA win and the get the CIC trophy and a successful year.

Wyoming should have a good chance to pick up another win hosting a bad San Jose State team.

CSU has a bye week meaning that a few less people than normal will be in their stadium this Saturday. This season their few remaining fans see Bye on the schedule and figure that will be a loss as well.

In FCS action Northern Colorado has won two in a row but will have a hard time keeping it going with a very good 6-2 Eastern Washington team coming to Greeley.

In local small college ball Colorado School of Mines tries to stay undefeated at Dixie State. CSU Pueblo with their only loss being to Mines is at Black Hills State.

This league isn't out of the playoff conversation YET-Wazzu is sitting at 8. I think Alabama-LSU is an elimination game. Loser's out. One SEC team is getting into the playoff this year.

This league isn't out of the playoff conversation YET-Wazzu is sitting at 8. I think Alabama-LSU is an elimination game. Loser's out. One SEC team is getting into the playoff this year.

Wish that was true but unless something really ugly happens to them a one loss Bama team would be in and the team that beat them with one loss would be in. LSU loses and they would have a very hard time getting in.

Barring a major upset Clemson is going to be in That leaves two spots for the B1G, the B12, and the PAC. WSU doesn't get the respect, they would need a lot to happen ahead of them to get close to a playoff spot.

Wish that was true but unless something really ugly happens to them a one loss Bama team would be in and the team that beat them with one loss would be in. LSU loses and they would have a very hard time getting in.

Barring a major upset Clemson is going to be in That leaves two spots for the B1G, the B12, and the PAC. WSU doesn't get the respect, they would need a lot to happen ahead of them to get close to a playoff spot.

I disagree with two things you said there-One, WSU has the respect of this committee. I expected them to be 10-11 tonight..........and they're 8th. I've been saying this for months on here-Alabama made the playoff last year because there wasn't another viable option. Wisconsin's OOC stunk, and you couldn't take them over Ohio State because Ohio State beat them in the Big 10 championship game. Ohio State had two losses (including a 30 point mauling to an Iowa team that finished 7-5) to Alabama's one. Loser of LSU-Bama is out for now. Winner should be #1 next week.

Wishful thinking. Feldman was on the radio today saying he thinks a 2 loss Bama, Georgia, or LSU is likely to get in over a 1 loss PAC 12 champ or even 1 loss ND. I'd hope he's wrong, but there's no way this is an elimination game for Bama. Maybe LSU.

Wishful thinking. Feldman was on the radio today saying he thinks a 2 loss Bama, Georgia, or LSU is likely to get in over a 1 loss PAC 12 champ or even 1 loss ND. I'd hope he's wrong, but there's no way this is an elimination game for Bama. Maybe LSU.

Agree with you on Notre Dame (they're out if they lose a game-period)......I think a one loss Big 12 champ (especially if its OU) gets in ahead of the loser Saturday.

Alabama losing to LSU is the best thing that could happen to Bama or the SEC. Bama would drop to 2 or 3 (ooh, loss on the road to a highly ranked SEC team, blah blah blah). Then LSU beats UGA in the SEC CCG. And voila, 2 SEC teams.

I agree with most of this, Wazzu at 8 would need some serious help even if they win out.

Oh I agree. But no one loss conference champion should miss out to a two-loss LSU or Georgia, which was his suggestion.
If you are going to have a playoff system then conference championships should carry more weight.

Unfortunately that isn't how it works. Not arguing that Bama shouldn't be ranked #1 and Georgia played Washington in OOC but look at the number of SEC teams in the top 25, most of whom have played nobody outside of conference except G5 teams at home.

The system is at least influenced by ESPN and the rest of the media perceptions. A two loss conference runner up should never get in ahead of a one loss champion but the system does that. They will use the excuse that the PAC only has one other ranked team.

If you are going to have a playoff system then conference championships should carry more weight.

Unfortunately that isn't how it works. Not arguing that Bama shouldn't be ranked #1 and Georgia played Washington in OOC but look at the number of SEC teams in the top 25, most of whom have played nobody outside of conference except G5 teams at home.

The system is at least influenced by ESPN and the rest of the media perceptions. A two loss conference runner up should never get in ahead of a one loss champion but the system does that. They will use the excuse that the PAC only has one other ranked team.
The charter says choose the best four teams. I like it that way. They have generally got the final four correct each year. They are supported with incredible analytics.

Oh I agree. But no one loss conference champion should miss out to a two-loss LSU or Georgia, which was his suggestion.
The PAC's margin of error is so narrow, even after losing to Auburn Udub was still being pimped as the best chance for a spot. Hypothetically speaking should Wazzu win out there's nothing that would tell me that they could compete in the final four against either SEC or ACC an ugly loss would damage the conference more than help long term. The B12 champ with 1 loss isn't going to happen without help. The B1G tOSU loss is too damaging this late in the season and they'll most likely beat Mich< they have the same problem as the PAC...cannibal parity.
The only P12 team that could come close to competing at this point is Utah but they have too many losses.

just me, or has the Thursday night lineup been weak pretty much all year?

just me, or has the Thursday night lineup been weak pretty much all year?

Seems like in prior years we got a lot more MWC games. Now they are with CBSSN and go on Fridays. Also we had some BYU games on Thursday against bigger opponents.

Now it is mostly MAC games with one P5 most weeks involving lower end teams.

Seems like in prior years we got a lot more MWC games. Now they are with CBSSN and go on Fridays. Also we had some BYU games on Thursday against bigger opponents.

Now it is mostly MAC games with one P5 most weeks involving lower end teams.
Pretty sure they've pulled all the good college games from Thursday because of the NFL.

Looking like it's going to be a shootout, for sure.

Fresno should move ahead of them for G5 New Year's Six bid if UCF drops a game to me. Tonight would be the perfect night for a good ACC game-the NFL game isn't worth bothering with. The Thursday night stuff the NFL has put out has been trash for the most part (including Denver-Arizona)

Fresno should move ahead of them for G5 New Year's Six bid if UCF drops a game to me. Tonight would be the perfect night for a good ACC game-the NFL game isn't worth bothering with. The Thursday night stuff the NFL has put out has been trash for the most part (including Denver-Arizona)
Fresno is a good team, and Tedford is a good coach. CU could do worse than Tedford. No, I'm not campaigning to bring Tedford in here if/when MM is fired.

Fresno is a good team, and Tedford is a good coach. CU could do worse than Tedford. No, I'm not campaigning to bring Tedford in here if/when MM is fired.

If we make a change, he's my first call if I'm RG. He's a great coach, and he's done a great job at Fresno.

Back