What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 11/1-11/3

We may be looking at OU and WVU playing the final week of the season to determine the Big 12 regular season champion, putting a 2nd loss on one of them. Then, they'd likely rematch in the Big 12 Championship, where a win by the other team would keep the conference out of the playoff.

Which would be hilarious.

You kill me..... Correct. OU wins out beating WVU on 11/23 in Morgantown and that is WVU's 2nd loss, out of playoff. OU & WVU play again on 12/1 somewhere in the Big XII Champ game and WVU wins giving OU 2 losses and no title game.

If WVU wins in Morgantown that gives OU 2 losses and no playoff, possibly no championship game depending on sexaT. WVU then plays sexaT if sexaT wins out. SexaT holds H2H over OU if both have 2 conference losses. This last scenerio means no chance a 1 loss WVU to play in the CFP even if they do make that far......

Oh btw, ISU still very deep in the hunt for.a Big XII championship

Twould. That conference would deserve it too. So dumb to play everyone and THEN have a championship game.

Think back to the 1st Saturday of December 2017, then think through what you just said here I quoted and let me know what you rediscovered. Thanks.

Oh, btw No argument here on the championship game comment I agree with you. It makes no sense to me if a team wins the conference outright, why another game a week later against a team already with a loss to the season champ.

I know and more than happy to share it with you....

Last edited:
Think back to the 1st Saturday of December 2017, then think through what you just said here I quoted and let me know what you rediscovered. Thanks.

Oh, btw No argument here on the championship game comment I agree with you. It makes no sense to me if a team wins the conference outright, why another game a week later against a team already with a loss to the season champ.

Weird

the thing with the Big XII championship game after the true round robin conference slate.....was that the talking heads said the XII needed "an extra data point" for playoff consideration. didn't make any sense to me...or short term spasm thinking.....and sort of pitiful the XII caved to it and started playing a conf champ game last year. dopey.

one of those increasingly common things in today's world. one dumb thing makes another and then we all act like it was inevitable or desirable or natural.

i like ISU. fun to watch and the young QB from Arizona is looking like a missing piece they haven't had the last couple good Cambell years.

How about replace "conf championship game" with "national championship game"? LSU Bama (2011??)

No not at all.... last year OU without beating TCU twice in 3 week, 2nd in the CCG, not in the playoffs. Same holds true this year, only replace TCU with WVU. OU needs to win out this year, including the CCG to give the Big XII a chance to field a team in the CFP. WVU wont be there even beating OU on 11/23 and sexaT again on 12/1.

I, like you, dont like the idea of a CCG after a 9 game conference schedule where everyone plays everyone in the conference to determine the CC. To me, the Big XII CCG is all about $$$.

On that note Darth, how do you feel about the PAC12 CCG? Has the PAC12 CCG helped the PAC12 field a team in the CFP each year now since the inception of the CFP?

CCG's are all about the tens of millions of dollars the conference earns from the network and host site. They have nothing to do with helping the conference position itself for the postseason.

A one-loss WVU is very likely in the playoff unless Ohio State wins out and Georgia beats Bama.

No not at all.... last year OU without beating TCU twice in 3 week, 2nd in the CCG, not in the playoffs. Same holds true this year, only replace TCU with WVU. OU needs to win out this year, including the CCG to give the Big XII a chance to field a team in the CFP. WVU wont be there even beating OU on 11/23 and sexaT again on 12/1.

I, like you, dont like the idea of a CCG after a 9 game conference schedule where everyone plays everyone in the conference to determine the CC. To me, the Big XII CCG is all about $$$.

On that note Darth, how do you feel about the PAC12 CCG? Has the PAC12 CCG helped the PAC12 field a team in the CFP each year now since the inception of the CFP?
Big 12 did a study. Key to CFP was 13th data point. Thus they added a CCG after getting left out.

Big 12 did a study. Key to CFP was 13th data point. Thus they added a CCG after getting left out.

True, agree thats one of the points of the study. Big problem with the study, and its not noted in the study, an undefeated Big XII team with strong OOC schedule and FPI makes the CFP. If said team loses in CCG, playoff hopes diminish sharply. Case in point, if the CFP were around in 2003, look at what happened in the Big XII that season. No team from the Big XII makes the playoff as the undefeated team lost the CCG bad, very badly.

Yeah, your defensiveness is weird.

Actually no defensiveness. I agree with you, Buffnic and others about the Big XII CCG. Its strange, I know. Deal with it.

2lpem5.jpg

Great loss for you guys! Congratulations! You’re now getting beat on the road by OSU by similar margins that CU beat you by in Lincoln not too long ago!
Glad you feel good about it. Makes me mad the Huskers lost both games. There are no moral victories. But it's been fun watching both CU and Nebraska progress along their separate ways. Keep in mind, the better Nebraska does the rest of this season, the better the W CU has vs them appears.

Swallow hard Buff fans and cheer for the Huskers for the next 3 games. In the end it might get you a little better bowl game should the Buffs find a way to earn that 6th win.

Back