What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 9/13-9/15

interesting that they'd wait until today to cancel a game actually in Florence's path
See your own post earlier: the ADs probably agreed to wait to Wednesday to make /announce a decision, just like VT-ECU. Except unlike ECU, both ADs kept to the agreed upon timeline.

The equipment managers couldn't find enough snorkels.

I'd be surprised if they scheduled anything but an FCS gimme. They know they likely can't go bowling without it.

I think it's academic at this point. The odds are 3-4 wins total on the rest of the current schedule. Troy, either Purdue or MN, and Illinois. Everything else is likely to be a loss, but they might pull an upset in one of those games.

Carolina is correct. My ex-wife worked on her masters there when I was stationed at Camp Lejeune. They have an enrollment of 29,000 (3rd largest in North Carolina) and are in the AAC. They kind of fit in the same category as CSU in regards to P5 affiliation. The only reason they aren't is because they didn't do it right back when the major conferences were forming up 40+ years ago. There might be some history there I am not aware of, but that was my impression in the 90's.

They had a pretty nice run with Steve Logan as the HC from 92-02 (67-55) including David Gerrard (future pro-bowler with Jacksonville) as their QB. Skippy Holtz was 38-27 and then Ruffin McNeil was 35-24, but no real signature wins. They haven't been as good since. Their current coach is 6-18, which is probably why they are completely off your radar.

One somber tidbit regarding ECU is that Marshall was on their way home from playing ECU in 1970 when their plane went down.

The Thundering Herd.

Here's an interesting tidbit of which many of you may not be aware (or forgot) ... but the coach hired by MU after the tragedy and the alleged reluctance of the university administration to re-establish the football program ... was the Interim AD at our own dear university. This was after Tharp was canned ... errr, resigned ... and before Bohn was hired. Met him once ... a real outgoing and friendly guy. But he looked nothing like Matthew McConaughey ... whom I despise, and not just because he's a damn Whorn.

It's hard this early to take too much away. MSU has not looked good so I am not clear how much of that is ASU being good and MSU being not as good as rated. I suspect ASU is better than expected, but not so good that they can look past SDSU, who is pretty good and clocked them last year. D'antonio's teams are usually very good but I've noticed a cycle lately where they can be bad for a season. 3-9 then 10-3.
True. Did anyone watch the MSU v Utah State game...at Lansing, overtime?

Just got a bit harder for some of you to get your fill of Cocks this weekend.

I'm not so sure about that.

sei_29509733-9ca8.jpg

Though that would really screw with the Pac-12 Playoff hopes, I do remember this.

https://www.ucdavis.edu/news/aggies-stun-stanford-thrilling-upset/

Stanford has a grueling schedule... @Oregon, @Notre Dame, @UW, and @ASU. They seem capable of winning all of them, but actually doing so is another thing indeed... If the Irish and Cardinal haven't lost by then, that'll be a big one.
I just don't see Stanford getting through that unscathed. Maybe, they win 3 of them, imho. Hell, even that is a stretch.

BC knocks off Wake. BC could quietly be pretty good this year. They should be 5-0 but after that the schedule gets significantly tougher.

USC vs Texas is kind of like Syphilis vs Measles to me. I'm going to have to root for Measles because nobody wants Syphilis to win. [Note: I don't think Texas has a chance, though.]

"We don't want a damn asterisk for this game." **

** Paraphrasing the ol' boozing Kentucky Colonel before that game ... because I'm too ****ing lazy and tired to look up the actual quote. But I think that's pretty close.

I believe the quote was "I don't want a damn asterisk when we beat their ass."

What I know for sure was the headline in the Post's sports section the next day was "Hessler kicks OU's asterisk".

I'll go on record and say it - Troy can take out Nebraska. Not because on any given week they could. But after the week Nebraska has had with the emotional home opening loss, the Kneegate, Frost being overly concerned about himself and how he looked. I'm not sure if they paid enough attention to game planning Troy. Short passes all day and Nebraska is F'd.

Back