What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 9/7-9/9

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
Hard to ask for a better or more interesting week than last week. aTm with an epic meltdown letting UCLA and Josh Rosen come back from 35 down to win in a quarter and a half. Nevada, a 45 point favorite losing to an FCS team in one of histories biggest upsets. Baylor losing to FCS Liberty, and a bunch more.

Hard to promise anything like that this weekend but we have some interesting games.

The Thursday night game is not exactly a battle of national powerhouses. Idaho State visits Utah State.

Friday we have (11) Oklahoma State in a body bag game against South Alabama. More interesting should be a good Ohio team from the MAC trying to knock of a not so good Purdue from the B1G.

Saturday doesn't have a lot of big contest but does have some notables.

Of interest to PAC fans is (14) Stanford in LA to play (6) USC. USC struggled more than the score indicated last week, Stanford could be in good position to move up in the rankings here.

Two other games with big implications in the standings and maybe the playoff.
(5) Oklahoma goes to (2) Ohio State. OU could do some damage to the B1G here.
(13) Auburn visits (3) Clemson. Many expected Clemson to drop off after last year, didn't look like it last week.

(15) Georgia has a chance to knock an overrated (24) Notre Dame out of the rankings. Go Dawgs.

Notable PAC games
(20) Washington State host a Boise team looking to beat a P5 team. Don't be surprised if they do.

Oregon host Nebraska. I usually root against Oregon but this time I can make an exception.

Speaking of teams worthy of hate can Baylor lose two in a row to lower division schools. They host UTSA?

Big rivalry among non-ranked teams. Iowa State host Iowa. This game tends to get the attention of both teams. Usually closer than records or expectations would indicate.

Locally CSU plays mighty Abilene Christian. Wyoming tries to get back on track against Gardner-Webb.

AFA is off before traveling to Michigan next week

UNC Bears play at Florida. After losing last week Florida is likely to put a serious whipping on UNC. I know it is about the money but who ever scheduled a mediocre FCS UNC against Florida and CU in consecutive weeks needs to be used for a tackling dummy. That's hard on the kids.

Locally CSU Pueblo and Colorado Mesa look to have the edge towards winning the RMAC for the small schools. This Week Mesa travels to Chadron State (Nebraska) and Pueblo goes to West Texas A&M.

UNC will lose in the Swamp, but would not be surprised if that turns into a competitive game.

UNC will lose in the Swamp, but would not be surprised if that turns into a competitive game.

I'd love to see Northern Colorado do well but I think Florida is going to name the score. UNC went 6-5 playing in the Big Sky Conference last year. They gave up 47 or more points 5 times.

Florida is struggling a little on offense but UNC has never seen the combination of size and speed Florida will throw at them even when the starters are laughing on the sideline.

I'd love to see Northern Colorado do well but I think Florida is going to name the score. UNC went 6-5 playing in the Big Sky Conference last year. They gave up 47 or more points 5 times.

Florida is struggling a little on offense but UNC has never seen the combination of size and speed Florida will throw at them even when the starters are laughing on the sideline.

Florida is not insanely talented on offense and the Irma distractions (how many people are actually going to be in the stands?) will make for a closer game IMO.

Florida is not insanely talented on offense and the Irma distractions (how many people are actually going to be in the stands?) will make for a closer game IMO.

Irma might factor in, didn't consider that part. Saw some clips of UNC last season. They looked small and slow against CSU. CSU doesn't have anybody that Florida wanted out of HS.

If this were a solid, fundamentally sound FCS team like NDSU I'd look at it differently. Hard to get past the points they gave up on D last year.

Hope you are right and I am wrong. I include the smaller schools in the weekly round-up because they have a lot of Colorado HS kids and I want them to do well.

as much as I dislike oregon, especially now, I hope the nubs run for 400 yards and throw for another 300 and still lose of course.

Heard that Oregon is favored by 14. Considering the yards they put up at Nebraska last year while they had QB issues unsettled and the fact they look much better this year, it wouldn't surprise me much if they hung 60 on the Nubs, blew them out of the building, and announced to the college football world that they're back.

Heard that Oregon is favored by 14. Considering the yards they put up at Nebraska last year while they had QB issues unsettled and the fact they look much better this year, it wouldn't surprise me much if they hung 60 on the Nubs, blew them out of the building, and announced to the college football world that they're back.
Yeah, because nobody ever puts up 60 on that vaunted blackshirt defense....

Here are the games I care about this weekend:
  • Idaho St @ Utah St, Today, 18:00-Almost don't care about this one, but Utah State plays CSU and Idaho State doesn't, so root for the Aggies
  • Southern Alabama @ 11 Okie Lite, Friday 18:00- not likely that Southern Alabama can threaten Okie Lite at all, but it would be nice if they did to reduce OSU's attractiveness for College Gameday
  • Texas St @ Colorado- obvs
  • 17 Louisville @ UNC, Saturday 10:00- almost don't care about this one, but since Cal beat UNC, it would be better for CU's SOS if UNC were to pull this one out. On the flip side, Cal is competition for Gameday in two weeks.
  • Northern Colorado @ 22 Florida, Saturday 10:00- too much to hope for, but it would be GREAT for CU if UNC could keep this close (or even win?!)
  • Eastern Carolina @ WVU, Saturday 10:00- WVU is getting more votes than CU in the AP poll and just slightly fewer in the coaches poll. A loss here would be great for CU since ECU is terrible this year.
  • Towson @ Maryland, Saturday, 10:00- Same story as the WVU game- need Maryland to look bad.
  • Iowa @ Iowa State, Saturday, 10:00- Root for ISU since PSU/Iowa could be competition for Gameday
  • 23 TCU @ Arkansas, Saturday, 13:30- TCU losing would open up a slot in the top 25 and make TCU/OSU less attractive for Gameday
  • SJSU @ Texas, Saturday, 13:30- because **** UT, that's why
  • Abilene Christian @ CSU Saturday, 13:30- Really need CSU to blow the doors of them so that the RMS win looks good
  • nubs @ Oregon Saturday, 14:30- back the Pac, but not too much.
  • Hawaii @ UCLA Saturday, 15:00- Back the Pac, but hopefully they look bad while doing it since they are getting more votes than CU. In fact, I'm pretty much ok with either outcome at this point.
  • 13 Auburn @ 3 Clemson, Saturday, 17:00- Should be a good game
  • 5 Oklahoma @ 2 OSU, Saturday, 17:30- Also should be a good game
  • 15 Georgia @ 24 Notre Dame, Saturday, 17:30- Notre Dame losing would open up another top 25 slot (although it's still ridiculous they're ranked at all)
  • Montana @ 7 UW, Saturday, 18:00- Need UW to win convincingly to keep their ranking high
  • 14 Stanford @ 6 USC, Saturday, 18:30- Torn about which way to root on this one. USC is in CU's division, so it helps CU's SOS if USC wins, but also puts them up one game in conference play. I guess I'd like to see Stanford win to give CU a game up on USC
  • Minnesota @ Oregon State, Saturday, 20:00- Go Beavs: Back the Pac, need that CSU win looking as good as possible. Minnesota should be vulnerable too. They did not look good vs. Buffalo last week, this game will be kicking off at 10:00 PM their time, and they're still probably getting used to Fleck's system and coaching.
  • Utah @ BYU, Saturday, 20:15- Torn on this one as well since Utah is getting more votes than CU. Back the Pac, I guess.
  • Boise State @ WSU, Saturday, 20:15- back the pac
  • UH @ UofA Saturday, 20:30- Back the Pac part whatever
  • SDSU @ ASU, Saturday, 21:00- Back the Pac, I guess.

Which, we all know, would not mean they are back. Beating Nebraska at this point is like beating Oregon State.

I'll be at USC-Stanford. USC did struggle in the first half against WMU but performed much better in the second half, particularly in the 4th quarter. I suspect they just needed some time to shake off the rust, as most teams do in the first game. I think USC wins a tough, physical game.

Yeah, because nobody ever puts up 60 on that vaunted blackshirt defense....

Here are the games I care about this weekend:
  • Idaho St @ Utah St, Today, 18:00-Almost don't care about this one, but Utah State plays CSU and Idaho State doesn't, so root for the Aggies
  • Southern Alabama @ 11 Okie Lite, Friday 18:00- not likely that Southern Alabama can threaten Okie Lite at all, but it would be nice if they did to reduce OSU's attractiveness for College Gameday
  • Texas St @ Colorado- obvs
  • 17 Louisville @ UNC, Saturday 10:00- almost don't care about this one, but since Cal beat UNC, it would be better for CU's SOS if UNC were to pull this one out. On the flip side, Cal is competition for Gameday in two weeks.
  • Northern Colorado @ 22 Florida, Saturday 10:00- too much to hope for, but it would be GREAT for CU if UNC could keep this close (or even win?!)
  • Eastern Carolina @ WVU, Saturday 10:00- WVU is getting more votes than CU in the AP poll and just slightly fewer in the coaches poll. A loss here would be great for CU since ECU is terrible this year.
  • Towson @ Maryland, Saturday, 10:00- Same story as the WVU game- need Maryland to look bad.
  • Iowa @ Iowa State, Saturday, 10:00- Root for ISU since PSU/Iowa could be competition for Gameday
  • 23 TCU @ Arkansas, Saturday, 13:30- TCU losing would open up a slot in the top 25 and make TCU/OSU less attractive for Gameday
  • SJSU @ Texas, Saturday, 13:30- because **** UT, that's why
  • Abilene Christian @ CSU Saturday, 13:30- Really need CSU to blow the doors of them so that the RMS win looks good
  • nubs @ Oregon Saturday, 14:30- back the Pac, but not too much.
  • Hawaii @ UCLA Saturday, 15:00- Back the Pac, but hopefully they look bad while doing it since they are getting more votes than CU. In fact, I'm pretty much ok with either outcome at this point.
  • 13 Auburn @ 3 Clemson, Saturday, 17:00- Should be a good game
  • 5 Oklahoma @ 2 OSU, Saturday, 17:30- Also should be a good game
  • 15 Georgia @ 24 Notre Dame, Saturday, 17:30- Notre Dame losing would open up another top 25 slot (although it's still ridiculous they're ranked at all)
  • Montana @ 7 UW, Saturday, 18:00- Need UW to win convincingly to keep their ranking high
  • 14 Stanford @ 6 USC, Saturday, 18:30- Torn about which way to root on this one. USC is in CU's division, so it helps CU's SOS if USC wins, but also puts them up one game in conference play. I guess I'd like to see Stanford win to give CU a game up on USC
  • Minnesota @ Oregon State, Saturday, 20:00- Go Beavs: Back the Pac, need that CSU win looking as good as possible. Minnesota should be vulnerable too. They did not look good vs. Buffalo last week, this game will be kicking off at 10:00 PM their time, and they're still probably getting used to Fleck's system and coaching.
  • Utah @ BYU, Saturday, 20:15- Torn on this one as well since Utah is getting more votes than CU. Back the Pac, I guess.
  • Boise State @ WSU, Saturday, 20:15- back the pac
  • UH @ UofA Saturday, 20:30- Back the Pac part whatever
  • SDSU @ ASU, Saturday, 21:00- Back the Pac, I guess.
Mtn liking this post seems a bit UBL-ly to me.

Agree on USC-Stanford. I think Hawaii has got the talent to give UCLA problems for a half, if not more......especially if UCLA tries to sleep walk through a half again this week.

Is the Utah State- Idaho State game on television anywhere?

Given a choice between college and pro I usually prefer to watch a college game.

Add that the NFL game tonight is on track to not be real competitive if NE scores here on the turnover.

Is the Utah State- Idaho State game on television anywhere?

Given a choice between college and pro I usually prefer to watch a college game.

Add that the NFL game tonight is on track to not be real competitive if NE scores here on the turnover.
Nope. Why the hell do you schedule a Thursday night game if it's not going to be televised? MWC's contract with CBSSN shows what hot garbage that conference is these days.

(Part of me wants the Pac-12 to add Boise State & San Diego State just to bury the MWC before its next negotiation.)

Nevada, a 45 point favorite losing to an FCS team in one of histories biggest upsets.

UNLV lost to Howard, University of Nevada (in Reno...) did not (they lost to Northwestern)... Kinda like Cal and UCLA, the older school goes simply by the name of the state

UNLV lost to Howard, University of Nevada (in Reno...) did not (they lost to Northwestern)... Kinda like Cal and UCLA, the older school goes simply by the name of the state

You are right, my mistake. I had the whole post put together and as I was adding the small schools it locked up on me. Messed it up on the second try.

Pretty epic failure to get upset by a school like Howard when you are favored by the huge number. At one point close to the game the spread was 45.

MWC keeps waiting for UNLV to become a quality team. They would love to have a big winner in Vegas to draw attention in one of their biggest media markets. Instead UNLV continues to find ways to be mediocre to bad.

I still call it UC Berkeley or Cal Berkeley. Much like we call Davis UC Davis or Cal Davis...or UCD

Bunch of cancelled games in the state of Florida.
Northern Colorado - U Florida, Louisiana Monroe at Florida State.

Interesting that they also cancelled the South Florida visiting UConn game which is a long way from the storm and the Miami at Arkansas State game which is also a long way away.

Might have made sense to get the teams out of Florida but can understand if travel got messed up. Might be that they just want to hunker down and wait with all the family and friends still at home.

I'm really struggling with the Oregon-Nub game. If Oregon wins this one, the insufferable Duck fan is going to be back in force but I cannot bring myself to root for the bug eaters. Hope for Godzilla to show up?
I thought I hated Oregon deeply, but in taking a look at my inner feelings for this weekend. I hate the Nubs more.
Trying to think of a game in which I might dislike the fuskers less than the opponent? Maybe Bailer, Pedo State?

I'm really struggling with the Oregon-Nub game. If Oregon wins this one, the insufferable Duck fan is going to be back in force but I cannot bring myself to root for the bug eaters. Hope for Godzilla to show up?

It's called a missile strike game.

No harm in rooting for the missile.

Bunch of cancelled games in the state of Florida.
Northern Colorado - U Florida, Louisiana Monroe at Florida State.

Interesting that they also cancelled the South Florida visiting UConn game which is a long way from the storm and the Miami at Arkansas State game which is also a long way away.

Might have made sense to get the teams out of Florida but can understand if travel got messed up. Might be that they just want to hunker down and wait with all the family and friends still at home.
My Mini Boss is a Florida Gator. All week he has been boasting about how Texas and Louisiana piss and moan about how horrible their lives are after hurricanes but Floridians relish them. A) I LOVE the fact the UF cancelled their game against UNC so I can give him all kinds of ****. 2) I love that USF cancelled their game AT UCONN so I can make fun of how pussy Florida really is.

Trying to think of a game in which I might dislike the fuskers less than the opponent? Maybe Bailer, Pedo State?
I didn't mind when Nebraska beat Penn State right after the Sandusky scandal broke, but I didn't actually root for Nebraska. I realize this is pretty ****ed up, but...
popeye-i-yam-what-i-yam.gif

ND

If I didn't have to deal with Duck fan on daily basis then there wouldn't be a question. I am also scared that Taggart is the real deal and I am going to have to deal with Duck fan going forward again. The silence of the last year has been pleasant.

Based on their rank I may root for them over Florida, Notre Dame, Ohio State.

I'm really not a Pac-12 Homer. Sure I'd like Pac-12 teams to look good so that when CU plays them it looks better. But I'd also like CU just to be ranked higher no matter what. USC can suck it. Stanford can suck it. Oregon can suck it. And etc.

Back