What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Outlook for the rest of the season

and so? Did you expect no failures during the rebuilding process? My brother went to USC. He wants his coach fired for letting CU almost come back and beat them. To him, THAT was a collosal failure. Just a question: how OLD are you? I only ask because collosal failures are part of life. You get that, right? They are often blessings in disguise...and they aren't all created equal (which has been my whole point). I expect this to be beneficial in the long run, whereas there were no upsides to our collapses against KU and OSU (except that we got to fire the head coaches after them).
Why are we not seeing the same problems week over week improve? Game management is dog ****. Can't substitute correct and can't decide who the **** they want to start. The rotations make zero sense. Basic clock management is MIA. Refuse to call timeouts when you have 5 illegal substitution penalties. Does nothing to try and slow momentum through time outs.

Stanford lost to Sac St at home and we're supposed to chalk this up to growing pains? **** no. Serious staff changes need to be made and Prime needs to educate himself on game management - there's zero excuse to take the ball 1st in OT let alone in two different games.

The overall decisions being made are exceptionally concerning and that's not growing pains, that's **** you need to have mastered before you're at the P5 level.

Why are we not seeing the same problems week over week improve? Game management is dog ****. Can't substitute correct and can't decide who the **** they want to start. The rotations make zero sense. Basic clock management is MIA. Refuse to call timeouts when you have 5 illegal substitution penalties. Does nothing to try and slow momentum through time outs.

Stanford lost to Sac St at home and we're supposed to chalk this up to growing pains? **** no. Serious staff changes need to be made and Prime needs to educate himself on game management - there's zero excuse to take the ball 1st in OT let alone in two different games.

The overall decisions being made are exceptionally concerning and that's not growing pains, that's **** you need to have mastered before you're at the P5 level.
Holy **** dude. Dial 988 and take a break for a bit.

we need 2 wins to bowl. it is achievable. last night was a master class in poor management. it will get fixed. we have some guys that can change ANY game against ANY opponent but they do not walk on water and we cannot assume they will be able to bail us out of any fix we put ourselves in.

i believe we will win at least 2 more games.

as for our visiting trolls... your mothers smoke dead green donkey packers in hell for all eternity and your sisters are toothless meth hos with scabs all over their faces.

have a nice day.

What would CU's record be without Sheduer? 1-6, possibly even 0-7. Think about that for a moment and what you would think of the trajectory of the program had Sheduer not been our QB.

While I see improvement in certain areas, I also see the same mistakes being made every week and many of those come directly from the coaches. It comes down to discipline and hubris. We're short on the former and overflowing with the latter. Hopefully Deion is still open to learning from his own mistakes.

1697311760407.png

Almost every single college football team wins one game it should lose, and loses one game it should win. That's the sport. Every now and then you get teams that are either so good or so bad that they transcend that truth, but it's still a truth - and it's part of the reason this sport is so fantastic.

The road to a bowl game just got a whole lot narrower, but it's still possible. Unfortunately, it will require us to have a season where we win two games we're supposed to lose.

I'm also LMAO at all the trolls and posters who think it's an insult to say that Prime only wins when he fields teams with superior players. It's like they don't understand how college football works at all.

90% of college games are won by the team with the better players. Even the best coach in CU's history was <.500 against teams with similar or better talent - his game day decision making and coaching was often suspect as well.

I think you would have hated the early Bill McCartney years.

I think you would have hated the early Bill McCartney years.
And the middle ones, and the late ones. Those teams generally proved my point that college teams almost always lose one game they should win every year. At the end of the day, even if you throw out the first few years, he was .500 against ranked opponents.

Prime's going to get to the same point. I have a feeling we're going to bitch about a lot of game time decisions the entire time he's here; we're also going to win a lot the entire time he's here.

And the middle ones, and the late ones. Those teams generally proved my point that college teams almost always lose one game they should win every year. At the end of the day, even if you throw out the first few years, he was .500 against ranked opponents.

Prime's going to get to the same point. I have a feeling we're going to bitch about a lot of game time decisions the entire time he's here; we're also going to win a lot the entire time he's here.
I remember as a kid being livid at McCartney for a while after losing to Baylor in 1991 and how he could have that happen.

Blowing a 29 point lead at home to a piss poor team at home isn't part of tht growing process, it's a collosal failure.
This team had never been in that situation. To this point, they were pretty good at adjusting to what their opponents were doing well and fix their own mistakes. They didn’t know what to do when everything on both sides of the ball were going great and they weren’t able to counter adjust to their opponents adjustments.

This is of course a part of the growing and learning process. There are no silver linings and that game sucked, but the point about the team and staff growing from this is legitimate

Prime gonna cut bait with under performing coaches and find excellent coordinators like McCartney did with Barnett for example? Number of the coaches on this staff are his boys.
You have it all figured out. You know exactly what's going on. What's the point of even having a discussion with you? On thing I've noticed is generally you are negative on this board,Anytime something doesn't go how you want it to, this is what the board gets from you. You do it here and you've done it before the season even started.

Last edited:
You have it all figured out. You know exactly what's going on. What's the point of even having a discussion with you? On thing I've noticed is generally you are negative on this board,Anytime something doesn't go how you want it to, this is what the board gets from you. You do it here and you've done it before the season even started.
Why is it too much to ask for the coaches to manage a game at an elementary level?

This team had never been in that situation. To this point, they were pretty good at adjusting to what their opponents were doing well and fix their own mistakes. They didn’t know what to do when everything on both sides of the ball were going great and they weren’t able to counter adjust to their opponents adjustments.

This is of course a part of the growing and learning process. There are no silver linings and that game sucked, but the point about the team and staff growing from this is legitimate
This was a top to bottom coaching failure - could have ran the ball every play and taken 39 seconds off of the clock and won comfortably but no, TT played Prime and his staff like afiddle.

I agree but your solution is to start firing coaches 7 games into a complete rebuild. I have my questions on the coaching staff as well. Mainly with Bob and Reilly. I have questions with Lewis too. The answer isn't to start firing everyone right now.
What have guys like Hart, Kelly, and Flea done to deserve another year?

This is an exceptional post bro. It really is. One of our big strengths is 2nd half adjustments. We were doing so much right that we normally do wrong, what adjustments needed to be mad, not much

What have guys like Hart, Kelly, and Flea done to deserve another year?
You see what they can do with the the talent that is apparently coming. Ultimately doesn't matter who flea puts back there because there is no run blocking. Hart, let's see with better talent. Kelly the same, according to everyone he runs a pro style Defense that is complex and all these guys are learning it for the first time and plenty got here in the summer. Personnel decisions are baffling, I will say that.

I'm willing to bet we don't see the same mistakes next year with players having a better understanding of the Defense.

Imo, you are completely irrational about all of this. Nothing anyone Says will change your tunnel vision, so this will be my last response to you because this is pointless.

I'm irrational because I have serious reservations about the coaching staff given the events that have consistently transpired without improvement over the last handful of weeks that have little to do with talent on the team culminating into a 29 point blown lead.

Alright, whatever you want to think, your opinion.

I'm irrational because I have serious reservations about the coaching staff given the events that have consistently transpired without improvement over the last handful of weeks that have little to do with talent on the team culminating into a 29 point blown lead.

Alright, whatever you want to think, your opinion.
when was the last CU coaching staff that you liked?

Does it get easier for a team of transfers to throw in the towel after this game?

That is my fear - the team fractures and dudes give up.
It's hard to do that under a Coach Prime team. His thing is getting guys to perform at higher levels than their capable. While that message doesn't work for all, it tends to work for his own guys which came via the portal to play with Prime. They will be fine. I don't believe the players are as down as you guys are. They aren't on social media like that. It doesn't really matter. They just need to go out there and do their jobs. It's that simple. Don't make it more than it needs to be.

At the end of the day, we had some good from this game, especially on offense. As @The Alabaster Yak, it was a new space for them and they weren't mentally prepared. Even though you can say dominate all day. Sometimes, it's hard for guys to get it compared to others. That said, coaching had a lot to do with this loss. That said, like Travis, let's not overract to a terrible game. They have outcoached their opponent in most games or at least were as good. This game with the Oregon game, they got their asses handed to them. It happens. Just like the players, this is a learning experience for the coaches. Even with exp, every team is different. Not everyone handles success as well as others may handle it.

No time to go full Reddit (idiot mode). Say our coaches are terrible. Or Travis is ass. 2 is no longer clutch. Let's don't be the idiots. We are 4-3. 82.6 overall PFF grade with a top 10 SOS. I am okay with where we are. It's not ideal but it's not terrible. We got work to do. Let's get it.

It's hard to do that under a Coach Prime team. His thing is getting guys to perform at higher levels than their capable. While that message doesn't work for all, it tends to work for his own guys which came via the portal to play with Prime. They will be fine. I don't believe the players are as down as you guys are. They aren't on social media like that. It doesn't really matter. They just need to go out there and do their jobs. It's that simple. Don't make it more than it needs to be.

At the end of the day, we had some good from this game, especially on offense. As @The Alabaster Yak, it was a new space for them and they weren't mentally prepared. Even though you can say dominate all day. Sometimes, it's hard for guys to get it compared to others. That said, coaching had a lot to do with this loss. That said, like Travis, let's not overract to a terrible game. They have outcoached their opponent in most games or at least weren't as good. This game with the Oregon game, they got their asses handed to them. It happens. Just like the players, this is a learning experience for the coaches. Even with exp, every team is different. Not everyone handles success as well as others may handle it.
Well said. Today has been a bitch thinking about last night, but things will start looking up. I am certain CP has had a horrific day, and has a plan to get this fixed. I cannot stop thinking about how important the NIL collective is for us. I am more worried about that piece than the Stanford game.

Back