What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Outlook for the rest of the season

Well said. Today has been a bitch thinking about last night, but things will start looking up. I am certain CP has had a horrific day, and has a plan to get this fixed. I cannot stop thinking about how important the NIL collective is for us. I am more worried about that piece than the Stanford game.
NIL is critical because trenches cost money in 2024. We recruited so many high-end offensive linemen and landed none of them but the one that came with Prime from JSU and he's not high-end. He's just solid which is miles better than we got right now.

OB can only do so much. You gotta have the cash.

It's hard to do that under a Coach Prime team. His thing is getting guys to perform at higher levels than their capable. While that message doesn't work for all, it tends to work for his own guys which came via the portal to play with Prime. They will be fine. I don't believe the players are as down as you guys are. They aren't on social media like that. It doesn't really matter. They just need to go out there and do their jobs. It's that simple. Don't make it more than it needs to be.

At the end of the day, we had some good from this game, especially on offense. As @The Alabaster Yak, it was a new space for them and they weren't mentally prepared. Even though you can say dominate all day. Sometimes, it's hard for guys to get it compared to others. That said, coaching had a lot to do with this loss. That said, like Travis, let's not overract to a terrible game. They have outcoached their opponent in most games or at least were as good. This game with the Oregon game, they got their asses handed to them. It happens. Just like the players, this is a learning experience for the coaches. Even with exp, every team is different. Not everyone handles success as well as others may handle it.

No time to go full Reddit (idiot mode). Say our coaches are terrible. Or Travis is ass. 2 is no longer clutch. Let's don't be the idiots. We are 4-3. 82.6 overall PFF grade with a top 10 SOS. I am okay with where we are. It's not ideal but it's not terrible. We got work to do. Let's get it.
I hope you're right! But this is a situation we have seen in the past.

I am optimistic that Prime won't follow down the same path.

I'm still livid about that, actually.
My dad took me to that game (I was a freshman in HS). First loss I’d ever attended. It felt like the season was over, we were not going to play for the national title.

We did a quick campus walk after the game; avoid the traffic and enjoy the beauty of the campus. Wound up walking back to our car next to TE Sean Brown (he had personalized tags on his IROC).

Colorado will definitely be underdogs in 4 of 5 remaining games. Colorado will likely close as less than a home favorite against Arizona. There’s a very strong possibility that this team does not win another game this season.

I still see it as a week to week deal especially with this team made up mostly of transfers. Same with our opponents in the week to week aspect.

Arizona literally has the same grade on PFF as Cal and Colorado (82.6) and that's the tier CU is. 3rd tier in the PAC. They are better than Stanford and Arizona State and not by much. They needed 2 heroics and special teams to win against ASU and coaching lost the Stanford game.

CU could definitely win several upcoming games but this is not a good team. They are merely solid at best and are heavily carried by their best players. Probably the worst depth of all of the PAC-12 teams. Winning games in this league is hard. Simple as that.
We lost. At home. To Stanford.

We are not a better team than arizona.

Solid teams dont give up 29 point leads at home. This team is severely below average. With 3-4 exceptional players on it

This is an exceptional post bro. It really is. One of our big strengths is 2nd half adjustments. We were doing so much right that we normally do wrong, what adjustments needed to be mad, not much
Why can't adjustments be made outside of the halftime locker room?
It's hard to do that under a Coach Prime team. His thing is getting guys to perform at higher levels than their capable. While that message doesn't work for all, it tends to work for his own guys which came via the portal to play with Prime. They will be fine. I don't believe the players are as down as you guys are. They aren't on social media like that. It doesn't really matter. They just need to go out there and do their jobs. It's that simple. Don't make it more than it needs to be.

At the end of the day, we had some good from this game, especially on offense. As @The Alabaster Yak, it was a new space for them and they weren't mentally prepared. Even though you can say dominate all day. Sometimes, it's hard for guys to get it compared to others. That said, coaching had a lot to do with this loss. That said, like Travis, let's not overract to a terrible game. They have outcoached their opponent in most games or at least were as good. This game with the Oregon game, they got their asses handed to them. It happens. Just like the players, this is a learning experience for the coaches. Even with exp, every team is different. Not everyone handles success as well as others may handle it.

No time to go full Reddit (idiot mode). Say our coaches are terrible. Or Travis is ass. 2 is no longer clutch. Let's don't be the idiots. We are 4-3. 82.6 overall PFF grade with a top 10 SOS. I am okay with where we are. It's not ideal but it's not terrible. We got work to do. Let's get it.
The only games we have out coached the opponent are TCU and NU. CSU was a clinic and we got WAAAY lucky. Never did adjust to the crossing route.

Stanford coaching staff just took a **** on our front lawn and laughed the whole way home.

I mean, a lot of folks on here felt 4 wins would be a strong season compared to previous years and an indicator things are changing.
Because CP jump started the season, I think everyone close to the program felt 6 or more was achievable. Even if they were to lose out, 4 wins is an improvement and more help is on the way. It may be a rough 5 weeks from the media, but the program is absolutely coming!

We lost. At home. To Stanford.

We are not a better team than arizona.

Solid teams dont give up 29 point leads at home. This team is severely below average. With 3-4 exceptional players on it

Why can't adjustments be made outside of the halftime locker room?

The only games we have out coached the opponent are TCU and NU. CSU was a clinic and we got WAAAY lucky. Never did adjust to the crossing route.

Stanford coaching staff just took a **** on our front lawn and laughed the whole way home.
When this team losses, are posters always extremely overreactive like you are? You do realize each Saturday tells a different story. What might happen against this team might not happen to the next team.

When this team losses, are posters always extremely overreactive like you are? You do realize each Saturday tells a different story. What might happen against this team might not happen to the next team.
We are every time the team gives up a 29 pt half time lead.

Oh, wait, we've never done that before!

Sorry it's not all sunshine and daisies, but we've all seen this before. Start 3-0, ranked. Finish the season 4-8, 5-7. No bowl. Laughing stock of college football.

I know you're new here. Some of us have lived through this enough times to see what's coming.

I was kinda shocked by Primes cross armed, silent cardboard like coaching posture. He was an absent HC doing an observational approach. 90% of the program is in exceptional shape and trending up because of Prime’s brilliance and considering the time frame.
The final 10%, Head Coaching was lacking. Pull some levers coach, manipulate the game. Great players alone cannot always win games. Coach Barnett does not lose that game.

This is when coaching REALLY matters. How the staff packages it’s messaging and develops practices the next two weeks will tell us a lot about the kind of coaches that they are.

I think we all agree that Friday was a breakdown in coaching. The job they do for the next two weeks will define them.

If the team can bounce back and play organized and disciplined football against UCLA, it will tell me that we have a good staff. If it continues to look like a circus it will, at best, tell me that they are the beginning of the learning curve and, at worst, tell me that they don’t really know what they are doing.

Last edited:
they key at this point, is keeping recruits and transfers interested about next year. someone needs to put some thought into how best to spin the current situation.

I couldn't see what you were responding to, because I've had that poster on ignore since the Texas bowl game several years ago. Something to consider.

Let’s just win the next game and move on. Next time we’re up 29-0 at halftime we’ll end the game up 60-0. Good coaches will watch tape and realize everything that should have been done to win this game and correct for next time.

we need 2 wins to bowl. it is achievable. last night was a master class in poor management. it will get fixed. we have some guys that can change ANY game against ANY opponent but they do not walk on water and we cannot assume they will be able to bail us out of any fix we put ourselves in.

i believe we will win at least 2 more games.

as for our visiting trolls... your mothers smoke dead green donkey packers in hell for all eternity and your sisters are toothless meth hos with scabs all over their faces.

have a nice day.
Achievable, sure. I think this team has several things they can fix during the bye though.....and going into the bye off a performance like the absolute ****show we saw Friday might be good.

for any of us who have followed Colorado football through the last few decades, we’ve seen some teams that just couldn’t stop anyone. This is one of them. This defense just doesn’t work. I can’t believe it’s a problem with the players. And if it is, why not adjust the scheme to the talent we have.

Let’s just win the next game and move on. Next time we’re up 29-0 at halftime we’ll end the game up 60-0. Good coaches will watch tape and realize everything that should have been done to win this game and correct for next time.
Alex Karpovsky Ray GIF by Girls on HBO

Starting with CSU, every team has been able to easily move on this defense. It doesn’t look good unless we play a team that doesn’t watch film or make adjustments. This team just made a bad bad Stanford team look like pac 12 champs.

Alex Karpovsky Ray GIF by Girls on HBO

Starting with CSU, every team has been able to easily move on this defense. It doesn’t look good unless we play a team that doesn’t watch film or make adjustments. This team just made a bad bad Stanford team look like pac 12 champs.
Every team we've played this year has been able to move the ball, got lucky against the dildos that they kept fumbling the ball.

105th in defensive FPI, refuse to believe the talent is that bad.

Back