What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Overall PAC12 football experience

OK here is a question...what's the most over rated city in CO? By City I mean anywhere really.

Is it Telluride?
Definitely not Telluride. That’s one of the coolest places in the state. I’ve actually never been to Aspen so can’t say. Vail definitely seems a good answer as others have mentioned.

Well, you also think all of Colorado is a giant suburb, so your opinion is not exactly what we’d describe as well informed.

giphy.gif

Definitely not Telluride. That’s one of the coolest places in the state. I’ve actually never been to Aspen so can’t say. Vail definitely seems a good answer as others have mentioned.
I recall you posting before that you've never been to Aspen, and also seem to remember you're a Colorado native.

And you don't seem like an idiot, and you travel.

I don't get it, man. Aspen is probably my favorite Coloado city. People literally travel from all over the world to visit the area. The summertime drive across Indy Pass is an amazing journey. I figuratively want my ashes scattered at the Maroon Bells. And the Belly Up is a really, really cool small music venue.

**** man, you're shorting yourself here. Now I want to go back.

*Starts checking Belly Up calendar

I recall you posting before that you've never been to Aspen, and also seem to remember you're a Colorado native.

And you don't seem like an idiot, and you travel.

I don't get it, man. Aspen is probably my favorite Coloado city. People literally travel from all over the world to visit the area. The summertime drive across Indy Pass is an amazing journey. I figuratively want my ashes scattered at the Maroon Bells. And the Belly Up is a really, really cool small music venue.

**** man, you're shorting yourself here. Now I want to go back.

*Starts checking Belly Up calendar

Aspen is amazing, the drive is fantastic. I’ve been to Aspen 30+ times in my life in summer and winter. One of the greatest nights of my life was the winter X-games in Aspen. It was snowing, Marley’s son was putting on a concert at 10 at night in a park, everybody was either drunk or high and having an absolute blast. I ****ing love Aspen.

Somewhat on the same page as Buffrocks that CO is losing its appeal but for different reasons. This is a great state on so many levels but the traffic/crowds up in the mountains are wearing me down. I really hate I70 west of Golden.
I really hated my 80 minute, 20 mile drive home tonight from downtown. Traffic has definitely gotten ****ty. I lived through T-Rex and the disaster traffic that project wrought. It is back to where it was before that multi-year project started already.

That being said, I lived in LA for 5 years before coming to Denver. A few moments recalling that horror show has me realizing it could be better, but it is far from the worst.

Last edited:
Somewhat on the same page as Buffrocks that CO is losing its appeal but for different reasons. This is a great state on so many levels but the traffic/crowds up in the mountains are wearing me down. I really hate I70 west of Golden.
It took me 1 1/2 hours to make an under 15 mile drive tonight in the Seattle area - no accidents or weather, just an average to good night. I will never again complain about Colorado metro traffic. Areas that need to be improved, sure, but what we consider “bad” would be light traffic in other popular, high-growth, metros.

Yeah sitting in traffic for four hours on I-95 from DC to Fredericksburg, VA which is just 40 miles apart on a Friday evening rush hour is a terrific reminder of how good we have it here.

What is frustrating is the politicians can't get stuff done when it comes to highway projects.

It took me 1 1/2 hours to make an under 15 mile drive tonight in the Seattle area - no accidents or weather, just an average to good night. I will never again complain about Colorado metro traffic. Areas that need to be improved, sure, but what we consider “bad” would be light traffic in other popular, high-growth, metros.
I don't mind the metro traffic nearly as much. It's a city, I get it- there's gonna be traffic and I think Denver is pretty average as far as city traffic goes. However, I do frequent the mountains a lot tho- and unfortunately much of the commuting requires dealing with the i70 sh!tshow. Hell, I think 285 is getting bad too. Not only that.. but if you're not proactive enough, trailheads are often full, the good fishing spots are taken, ski lift lines are outta the maze, first tracks gone before your second lap, camping spots are overcrowded, etc. The list goes on but that is the reality of many of the closer outdoor rec destinations to Denver. Sure, if you're willing to drive several more hours to the SJs or the Winds, you can avoid many of these issues, but it's just not feasible to do this every weekend. It's tiring.

I don't mind the metro traffic nearly as much. It's a city, I get it- there's gonna be traffic and I think Denver is pretty average as far as city traffic goes. However, I do frequent the mountains a lot tho- and unfortunately much of the commuting requires dealing with the i70 sh!tshow. Hell, I think 285 is getting bad too. Not only that.. but if you're not proactive enough, trailheads are often full, the good fishing spots are taken, ski lift lines are outta the maze, first tracks gone before your second lap, camping spots are overcrowded, etc. The list goes on but that is the reality of many of the closer outdoor rec destinations to Denver. Sure, if you're willing to drive several more hours to the SJs or the Winds, you can avoid many of these issues, but it's just not feasible to do this every weekend. It's tiring.
This is so true!

You still have all your hair? I know I wouldn't. :D As far as high-growth metros, no thanks, they can have them.

I really hated my 80 minute, 20 mile drive home tonight from downtown. Traffic has definitely gotten ****ty. I lived through T-Rex and the disaster traffic that project wrought. It is back to where it was before that multi-year project started already.

That being said, I lived in LA for 5 years before coming to Denver. A few moments recalling that horror show has me realizing it could be better, but it is far from the worst.

Ya’ll touching on what has made me start to have this negative attitude towards Colorado. So much traffic. The assholes from California think every road is 105 and will cut across 5 lanes to cut people off. The dip ****s from ****ing Texas who drive 26 in 65 because the roads are wet, today is that day. The mountains drive has gotten ruined, I used to love going to but it’s SUCH a hassle anymore I haven’t gone to the mountains or camping in years.

But @Buffnik hit it with the other cities. I’ve driven in Seattle and in Chicago in the last year and their traffic is UNREAL but at least in Chicago traffic moved. I was shocked how busy it was but people were still doing 45. In Denver, traffic is either moving or it’s a dead ****ing stop. Seattle is insane and getting across the ferries during certain times is enough to make you want to kill yourself.

but this is why when I say I want to move I say I want to move to a place with a big city but live away in a small, quaint town by the ocean.

Needed to bump this. I found some joy this week in the snow, I saw a Nissan Z stuck in a snow bank, license plate: Florida. Saw some Texas plates stuck elsewhere, with each one I got a good chuckle.

Welcome to Colorful Colorado you ****ing assholes! Feel free to go home whenever.

Needed to bump this. I found some joy this week in the snow, I saw a Nissan Z stuck in a snow bank, license plate: Florida. Saw some Texas plates stuck elsewhere, with each one I got a good chuckle.

Welcome to Colorful Colorado you ****ing assholes! Feel free to go home whenever.
It's a thing of beauty as I whiz by in my Tundra.

Ya’ll touching on what has made me start to have this negative attitude towards Colorado. So much traffic. The assholes from California think every road is 105 and will cut across 5 lanes to cut people off. The dip ****s from ****ing California who drive 26 in 65 because the roads are wet, today is that day. The mountains drive has gotten ruined, I used to love going to but it’s SUCH a hassle anymore I haven’t gone to the mountains or camping in years.

Fixed. Texans (I can speak to this intelligently given I am a TX transplant and chose not to leave my house the last two days) are smart enough to not drive in this kind of weather..........You just want to move to Laguna BTW

Last edited:
Fixed. Texans are smart enough to not drive in this kind of weather..........You just want to move to Laguna BTW

No. Despite prior comments from the know it alls of Allbuffs and their superior California knowledge. My entire family lives in California. LA, Long Beach, Santa Ana, San Diego...all the way up to Sacramento. I used to love California when i was a kid, I’d go for a month straight every summer. It’s a **** hole now, that’s why they’re all coming here. I’ll never move there, ever.

Back