What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 expansion is now inevitable

Confused by this. Big 10 makes a lot more than Big 12. Do the Nubs miss playing KU, KSU and ISU that much?

http://thebiglead.com/2016/07/26/nebraska-rejoining-the-big-12-would-be-absurd/

JwuUUmUY_normal.jpg
Tim Montemayor @TheMontyShow
Also told #Nebraska put out feelers last week to see if the door was open to a return to the #BIGXII …no indication how it was received
2:10 PM - 25 Jul 2016

Confused by this. Big 10 makes a lot more than Big 12. Do the Nubs miss playing KU, KSU and ISU that much?

http://thebiglead.com/2016/07/26/nebraska-rejoining-the-big-12-would-be-absurd/

JwuUUmUY_normal.jpg
Tim Montemayor @TheMontyShow
Also told #Nebraska put out feelers last week to see if the door was open to a return to the #BIGXII …no indication how it was received
2:10 PM - 25 Jul 2016

They aren't one of the big fish in the Big10. They would be one of the big fish in the Big XII-2-2+2

Nebraska is a small fish in the B1G. An also-ran with very little influence. Their national exposure has actually fallen since joining that conference. If they are looking at moving back, it's because they miss the spotlight.

Nebraska can't recruit Texas as effectively as they did before. That is the only reason because they are in a great position division wise and making a ton of money. They do miss the rivalry with OU though.

Nebraska is a small fish in the B1G. An also-ran with very little influence. Their national exposure has actually fallen since joining that conference. If they are looking at moving back, it's because they miss the spotlight.

Talked to a pretty connected Nebraska booster yesterday. I asked him about them possibly moving back to the Big 12 (prefaced with recruiting, fan preference on travel, etc.).

Very short answer: "UT is still in the conference, right?".

Talked to a pretty connected Nebraska booster yesterday. I asked him about them possibly moving back to the Big 12 (prefaced with recruiting, fan preference on travel, etc.).

Very short answer: "UT is still in the conference, right?".

Did he indicate they wanted out of the Big 10? I have also heard they miss the OU rivalry. Would OU ever divorce themselves from Tex-ass?

If so, what about Fuskers, KU, OU and a team to be named later heading west?

I do not want those mouth breathing inbreds in my conference.

Plus, the whole AAU thing probably eliminates the possibility.

I bet if the Pac-12 was able to pitch NU, KU, OU, MU, they'd jump as long as the money was within range and as long as PACN could deliver national carriage.

I bet if the Pac-12 was able to pitch NU, KU, OU, MU, they'd jump as long as the money was within range and as long as PACN could deliver national carriage.

That would be a pretty solid addition to the conference. In a pod scenario, our forced "rivalry" with UU would continue and a return to our rivalry with Nebraska twice every 4 years would be nice.

The biggest issue with that is the tag-alongs like KSU and OSU.

Ok pod boy. In this scenario, we don't have to actually play those guys every year, right? Just, like two per year.

This is a scenario I could grudgingly support. I really hate Nebraska, but I can admit it would be kind of fun to have that game again.

That would be a pretty solid addition to the conference. In a pod scenario, our forced "rivalry" with UU would continue and a return to our rivalry with Nebraska twice every 4 years would be nice.

The biggest issue with that is the tag-alongs like KSU and OSU.
In this scenario, I don't think KSU or OSU would be wanted, needed or accepted as part of the deal.

Why? I don't get why everyone is so against adding some of the old B12 members to the Pac (I understand not wanting UT from a money/TV deal standpoint).

Just no. OU is the only one I'd be ok with. All of Mizzou can jump off a cliff for all I care. NU and KU need no explanation.

From a conference revenue standpoint, this would be good though.

Very interesting. Is MU that upset? I figured NU, KU, OU and then either find a travel partner for OU down south, or a travel partner for Utah west or north.

I like your idea a lot.

Just no. OU is the only one I'd be ok with. All of Mizzou can jump off a cliff for all I care. NU and KU need no explanation.

From a conference revenue standpoint, this would be good though.
I completely disagree about NU. That was always the most anticipated game for me growing up, and we don't have anything that even comes close to that now. Having Nebraska back in the same conference would not only be a good thing for revenue, but good for CU football. Nobody gives a **** about CU vs Utah, and nobody ever will.

I completely disagree about NU. That was always the most anticipated game for me growing up, and we don't have anything that even comes close to that now. Having Nebraska back in the same conference would not only be a good thing for revenue, but good for CU football. Nobody gives a **** about CU vs Utah, and nobody ever will.

Truer words have never been written.

Annual with Nebraska. Make it happen damnit.
No thanks. Two on, two off would be sufficient. Once every four years in Boulder is plenty. Just because I miss an old girlfriend doesn't mean I actually want to date her again.

No thanks. Two on, two off would be sufficient. Once every four years in Boulder is plenty. Just because I miss an old girlfriend doesn't mean I actually want to date her again.

To each their own. A legitimate rivalry is a fundamental aspect of college football. The fires still smolder with NU and I think it would be massive for the program.

Back